Just rolled an agent to play in WZ's with...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And god DAMN they are hard to play well with....

Guess it didn't help that i picked sniper and specced in engineering either... :)

Quite refreshing from playing a TM - DFA spamming BH though...

Now i just need someone to play with.. :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Yeah I retired my Sniper after levle 15 (spoke to a few level 50's who said they wished they had chosen something else). LOS issues and supposidly no way to catch/escape meant alot of frustration.

The damage is nice, but it's too slow. You take a couple of seconds to hit someone hard, then they go out of range/los on the next shot and you have to chase them etc

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I can put out decent damage with the engineer tree, or at least i think i can as i haven't tried the other two yet.

Explosive probe talented helps a ton with burst DPS as it procs 4 times when talented for 1000 - 1500 damage a pop in warzones and is on a fairly reasonable cooldown of 15 seconds iirc...

So explosive probe + Ambush and 3 snipes makes people very nervous. :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I found them to be very vulnerable in PvP having to be mostly stationary in order to get the damage output makes for a nice stealth target. They need a decent getaway maneuver. I got bored quickly with it and rerolled to BH

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I have a 46 Gunslinger which I respec last night from Sab to sharpshooter, what a revelation went from doing 90-130k to 200-270k damage in most PvP instances. Much easier for me to play with my noobish playstyle :) Really getting on with this char now and had some great solo battles with IA's. amazing how many people concentrate on taking out the tanks instead of taking out the support quickly.

Only issue I have is that playing PvP at any other time than EU prime is a mare. US Republic players on Bloodworthy can't win a damn thing and usually quit the match as things start to go wrong.

Problem with trying to get lots of bags now is that I will level to 50 without finishing the story but at least I should be able compete in RvR at 50.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I haven't noticed a difference in survivability from playing this from when i play my BH. As i'm actually paying attention in WZ's i tend to get on enemy players nerves so they try to keep me dead.. :(

Rolled a scoundrel and gave that a whack last night, i'm probably not gonna play that one any more.

Stupid ass upper hand proc requirement...

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I think the melee scoundrel is the way to go. As trooper, it's a bloody pain in the ass, I think you get several stuns so a bit of an insta-win really.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Yeah I retired my Sniper after levle 15 (spoke to a few level 50's who said they wished they had chosen something else). LOS issues and supposidly no way to catch/escape meant alot of frustration.

The damage is nice, but it's too slow. You take a couple of seconds to hit someone hard, then they go out of range/los on the next shot and you have to chase them etc

lol wut ?
first snipe after going to cover - insta
laze target - guaranteed crit on next snipe
followthrough, insta

whats not to like ? :p

Mabs

I did say I was level 15.
exactly
you retired it 5 levels into 40 levels of abilities cos its not very good ?
that makes no sense :O

the LOS issues go away later, and anyone complaining about Sniper's DPS or abilities is frankly a spastic :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Mabs you're a nice guy but you're being a class A bellend on this :) Read my original post in it's entirety. I retired it at level 15 after speaking to level 50 snipers.

Now unless they all got 50 without training after level 15, my thoughts on the class are justified.

I accept I may be totally wrong on the class, but at the time I posted that message I was level 15 and spent a good half hour speaking to level 50 snipers about their class.

Mabs

yeah but youre missing my point

which is that ive seen people piss and moan about Sorcs being shit at 50, just cos someone told you its shit doesnt mean it is :p

i know a few people who have 50 sniper mains, and love them. mine is only 48 as i got distracted :(

end of the day its your call ofc, but i wouldnt dismiss what is one of the most interesting classes to play cos a few people dont like it :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't bother asking other players what they think about classes. Most will have come from WoW and won't be able to form an opinion without checking elitistjerks or dps meters.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think the melee scoundrel is the way to go. As trooper, it's a bloody pain in the ass, I think you get several stuns so a bit of an insta-win really.
If i want to play a melee class i play a MELEE class, not a ranged class... :)

I have the same issues with the scoundrel as i do with the jedi shadow and sith assassin, it doesn't know wtf it wants to do.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yeah but youre missing my point

which is that ive seen people piss and moan about Sorcs being shit at 50, just cos someone told you its shit doesnt mean it is :p

i know a few people who have 50 sniper mains, and love them. mine is only 48 as i got distracted :(

end of the day its your call ofc, but i wouldnt dismiss what is one of the most interesting classes to play cos a few people dont like it :)
Fair point Mabs. I did 'albeit late' say I could be totally wrong about the class. Will maybe give it another try.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think the Sniper can work very well, from what I've seen of the ones I've played with. But the Cover mechanic seems very much a love/hate thing.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I haven't noticed a difference in survivability from playing this from when i play my BH. As i'm actually paying attention in WZ's i tend to get on enemy players nerves so they try to keep me dead.

In my experience BH is more mobile which helps with survivability, being sat behind cover makes for an easy target for the jumping force users and stealthers. I have similar experience to you in that I can find a nice spot and take a few enemies out but then I'm a marked man have been chain killed in some WZ's. It's in those instances that I really wish I had a bit more single target CC or speed getaway from cover would be nice.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There is a talent that gives a 4 second speed boost upon exiting cover, though most of the times you will be snared anyway so it doesn't make all that much sense wasting 2 points on it. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I thought you were immune to force leap when behind cover?

rynnor

Rockhound
I thought you were immune to force leap when behind cover?

This is true but in practice it just means people use a knockback attack on you before charging/leaping etc. I gave up on cover on my smuggler and find mobility is worth far more especially as there are usually many places to break los.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
There is a talent that gives a 4 second speed boost upon exiting cover, though most of the times you will be snared anyway so it doesn't make all that much sense wasting 2 points on it. :)

Been there, soiled that T-Shirt and respec'd back out of it. Waste of two points for something that worked 10% of time. Mostly you get snared. A lower timer on the snare release ability would be nice.

Was getting chained by a Jugg last night in one instance damn guy was impossible to kill. At one point we had him isolated and 3 on him. He saved me for last :( Got him down to 20 % at best with shit loads of damage. Was bloody god like and makes you think why bother rolling anything else other than a force tank. Obviously he was fully geared with around 20k hp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom