Just push the fucking button America.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Dont get me wrong. I'm pretty sympathetic to the American Millitiaman second amendment types :)

One of my customers invited me to shoot his .308 after I mentioned my time in the service and wanting to get a SAIGA shottie some time in the future. I was kind of interested and he all of a sudden
starts raving about the government and being able to take somebody out from afar if need be. "Like... who, Chris?" "The government."

I couldn't even make this up...

Most people here are catching on to the right winger bullshit, though. At least that's the impression I got as of late.
And every country has its crazy antics. The muslim bashing is a lot more prevalent in, say Switzerland and the Netherlands, in my opinion. In the US a lot of important laws are State specific, like the distribution of
'medical' marihuana for example. As far as I know only California, Maine and Alaska allow dispensaries on their 'territory'. That's a ton more progressive than most European countries if you ask me.

European media likes to focus on the Bible Belt red states.. because they're bat shit insane there. Crazy Yank stories = ratings.

And to stay on topic: it might be fake, it might be real. That' the scary part, huh? lol

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I did, it was very good and true enough but not going to make any difference :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Bare faced lies.

But really, it wasn't quite like that. As every American schoolboy should know, but probably doesn't, the British colonies of North America were the lightest taxed, most liberally governed (in the classical small government sense), freest, most prosperous, and most equitable portions of the eighteenth century world. The very rights the colonists believed they were fighting to defend were the traditional rights of Englishmen.....some Britons -- equally devoted to British ideals of freedom and limited government -- scoffed at talk of "oppression" and mocked colonial hypocrisy. Samuel Johnson famously quipped in his essay Taxation No Tyranny, "how is it that we hear the loudest yelps for liberty among the drivers of negroes?"

The american revolution was about freeing the States from the British central banking system. Taxation No Tyranny? How about "no taxation without representation" eh?

Well, they've lost their revolution, and their democracy.

(Attributed to) Thomas Jefferson said:
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency,
the banks and corporations that will grow up around [them] will deprive the people of their property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Sounds very apt in this current economic climate. The lies being perpetuated about this being a crisis caused by greed rather than a systemic crisis (which is what it is).

Add to that the Koran outlaws lending money at interest and the only time Jebus got violently angry was at the money lenders. Even thousands of years ago the intellectuals could forsee the horrors that could be visited on a population through control of a monetary system.

Remember - the US was populated by people fleeing England. They weren't "emigrating". Now, there's nowhere to flee too....

(Oh, and the spectator is extreme right. But then, so is FH) ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Something else about the spectator:

Wikipedia said:
In 2011, Assistant Editor Patrick Howley published a piece detailing his infiltration of a Washington D.C. protest. In the article, Howley asserts his aim to "mock and undermine" the protest against American Imperialism

:)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Remember - the US was populated by people fleeing England. They weren't "emigrating". Now, there's nowhere to flee too....

Also a bare-faced lie I'm afraid. Most of the 13 colonies were settled by people with an eye for the main chance. For every Pilgrim Father "fleeing" English oppression, a hundred were emigrating in pursuit of a better economic life.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also a bare-faced lie I'm afraid. Most of the 13 colonies were settled by people with an eye for the main chance. For every Pilgrim Father "fleeing" English oppression, a hundred were emigrating in pursuit of a better economic life.

"Better economic life"? I.E. one not ruled by bankers. I'd cause that a reason to flee.

Perhaps I could have used a better descriptive term, but then I'm not writing for the spectator :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
"Better economic life"? I.E. one not ruled by bankers. I'd cause that a reason to flee.

Perhaps I could have used a better descriptive term, but then I'm not writing for the spectator :)

Stop looking at 17th century people through a 21st century lens. For those people, "better economic life"=land. The rise of the British (and Dutch) "modern" banking system happened pretty much in parallel with the colonisation of America anyway, and actually helped the process happen.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not. Yep. Land and not being interfered with.

Y'know. Make a life for yourself and your family. Free of interference from twatting overarching governments.

Jefferson himself said that the prime cause of the revolution was probably to free themselves from the english banking system and americas most prosperous period was pre this system.

Now there's no real democracy, or real economic freedom. "Free market"? Pah! It's about as free and market like as the "National Injury Helpline" is national or a helpline - rather than a scummy lawyer moneygrab.

The modern banking system is a large part of what's holding the human race back. It's not a help and if it ever was it certainly isn't now.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
(Oh, and the spectator is extreme right. But then, so is FH) ;)

No kidding. Multiple scare stories about Obamacare on the front page, two articles accusing Mitt Romney and Ron Paul of being too leftwing, pro Newt (If Newt Gingrich is the answer, what on earth is the question?) Gingrich articles...

megadave

I am a FH squatter
tumblr_lfeduudMEU1qgwhu8o1_500.gif

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't know what you mean with Homer. But I like it :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Scouse said:
Add to that the Koran outlaws lending money at interest

Actually the Muslims get that from the bible - it used to be banned in christianity until medieval times.

The jews werent bound by it so they acted as money lenders which lead to them getting rich and hated.

I think they were probably onto something banning interest - it would mean much slower but more sustainable growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom