Just got my disks....epic fail.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
So I got my disks today and decided, what the hey, while the servers are down I will reinstall the game from the disks, maybe the cinematics will work properly etc..

Major mistake. Now I try to play and get this.

Anyone have any ideas? I deleted my downloaded version when the disks arrived :/

Attachments

• fail.JPG
    fail.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 269

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
uninstall it and delete everything you see from Mythic/ Warhammer in your registries.
(probably you'll find this in HKEY_Current_user and/or HKEY_Local_Machine)
Reboot, and perform an install again.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers, will try that now.

I couldn't just leave it alone....

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Let us know whether the cinematic are present then.
I've not got my disc's yet, but could possible reinstall if cinematics are on the discs.

knightyc

Fledgling Freddie
any luck pez.

dont want to reinstall windows when get new hdds and get same thing..

pez

Can't get enough of FH
still installing, takes like 45 minutes.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers, will try that now.

I couldn't just leave it alone....

Well, I'm not sure if that will do it, but it's a solution for 99% of all software problems :)
Keep me informed whether it works.
For all we know, it might even be possible you need to use the Beta Client till release day.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Nope, still no luck. I deinstalled it, deleted the folder, removed all traces from the registry and same error still.

When you first install it the lcient version is the Closed Beta version, the first patcher has the 'Beta wot is closed logo.' Then it patches to the new launcher and starts 'Warhammer Open Beta Release.' Then it fails and says too many files are missing.

I can't think what else to do so will just have to wait until tomorrow and hope its fixed for release.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
GoA's solution to the problem :/

GoA Support Page said:
QUESTION
I am getting the following error: 'The client cannot update your Warhammer Online installation because a large number of key files are missing or corrupted.' What could be wrong?
spacer

Answer

Be sure to download all of the critical update patches for your current operating system from Microsoft Windows Update.

You can also do this by clicking on the Start button and clicking on the Windows Update icon. Make sure to check for standalone game update patches for Warhammer Online.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I've mailed you a link with the EU OB client in case you want to download it before tomorrow from 100 Mbit line. Don't share it :p.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
GoA's solution to the problem :/

Yeah, except that some of these critical updates are themselves the source of software problems.
Service Pack 3 for Win Xp for example.

Still, it's worth a try, I guess.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I've mailed you a link with the EU OB client in case you want to download it before tomorrow from 100 Mbit line. Don't share it :p.

Cheers mate, very kind of you. Unfortunately my connection is pretty slow and I would finish the download at around the same time as release tomorrow anyway :)

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Probably the beta Client will need to be used till the 18th then.
And the retail client will not be functional before then.
At least, that's my guess

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Someone pointed out that the retail client clocks in at 11.5 gig compared to the 9.3 or whatever the beta is. Whether this is due to just the videos or what I don't know.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but it would have been nice to know I couldn't use the retail client for headstart :/

fumanstu

Fledgling Freddie
I got my SE today, just tried to install using the dvds onto a different PC to the one I installed the OB on and I get the same result. Not a big deal to me 'cos I'll use the client I've already got. Let's just hope these are isolated cases....

Coder

Fledgling Freddie
Rather scary if the release disks cause this problem.. means everyone who didn't download the beta are in for a negative surprise..

Could also be that the patcher hasn't been updated for release yet and looks for files not installed from the disks.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
It appears this is a European problem only as US install disks work fine, I still am unsure if the CE disks are dodgy or not as so far everyone who has had the problem has had the SE.

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
This is just ridiculous. How hard is it to just download these supposed 'large number of files' that are 'missing'. It is a patcher for crying out loud.

Once again GOA showing their ineptitude at managing a game, was hoping they'd have pulled their act together since I left DAoC because of them, but should have known.

Coder

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say you should wait until tomorrow.. the official launch isn't until the 18th and it could very well be something with the patcher that will be set straight at some point before 8 a.m. tomorrow morning when the official "GO LIVE" happens.

Hintshigen

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, but why download 9GB's to enjoy my headstart when I have the disks with all the information already here?

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say you should wait until tomorrow.. the official launch isn't until the 18th and it could very well be something with the patcher that will be set straight at some point before 8 a.m. tomorrow morning when the official "GO LIVE" happens.

Well yeah, I'm assuming that the disks will be working for the 'Go Live' or esle this truly is a monumental fuck up. What annoys me is that if this is deliberate it is
A. Bizzarre, since Mythic haven't felt the need to make their disks unable to patch

and

B.Another example of GoA's ineptitude with communication by not telling us that the disks will not work until the 18th and that the ONLY way to play headstart is through the open beta client, a large download many can't afford due to bandwidth caps.

If ofc this is in fact a total fuck up, still some word would be nice, even if its a 'we are aware of the problem and are working for a fix asap'

logoth

Fledgling Freddie
same problem here.

im sure its becouse our accounts got key from preorder, and patcher thinks we have that client. however we cant update keys to our retail atm ;/;/

(i could use link to fast ob client ;p;p )

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
Is it necessary to reinstall the game with the discs or can we just activate our account with the code and keep playing with the open beta client?

logoth

Fledgling Freddie
Is it necessary to reinstall the game with the discs or can we just activate our account with the code and keep playing with the open beta client?

u can keep beta, it will update.
dunno about cinematics

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
think I'll just stick with the beta client then as I planed to anyway. but as far as I know the beta client is now patched to live. so since the discs would of been pressed before the games final version was out there is aa good chance the discs are just the same beta client. as for the extra space taken up it is possible they have the alternate language voice packs in it.

Veck

Fledgling Freddie
Yah as I'm not planning to play the game in Spanish I'll just stick with the beta client too :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I just heard this and it sounds true.

It seems the EU game DVD's in the box have the closed beta code on them, and as such the patch server refuses to allow them to redownload all the files needed to patch to the Open Beta, so it cannot patch to the current version.

I tried to install from the "Boxed" DVD's onto my laptop, and had the same error about the Warhammer folder missing too many files.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
I just heard this and it sounds true.

It seems the EU game DVD's in the box have the closed beta code on them, and as such the patch server refuses to allow them to redownload all the files needed to patch to the Open Beta, so it cannot patch to the current version.

I tried to install from the "Boxed" DVD's onto my laptop, and had the same error about the Warhammer folder missing too many files.

That would be a major monumental fail that would blight the euro side of the game, they best get an emergency patch ready for tomorrow asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom