Just got a laptop

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Just bought a new laptop.

1.6g processor
512 ram
64 gfx

All meets the specs, go to load up the game, gets to char select screen/bit more and closes "camelot is not responding " bullshit.

Any idea ?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
im running xp home.

Also noticed it just randomly closes down :(

Dwnloaded direct x 9 afaik, will redo it thought.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Im running TOA, And drivers should be done already.. laptop is new etc :<

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Catacombs minimum video spec is 64mb, although 128 is reccomended. Which client are you running?

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm bit lost for ideas - Running anything else besides TOA at the same time?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Nope, Only running TOA, Direct x 9 instaled.

Ill post a screen of what it looks like, just got ingame, poor gfx though ;x

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
This may of turned out to be my own fault, i extracted the files but didnt run direct installer, will update on it soon.

Thnks for your help so far :p

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Na, Fuck all better with direct x 9... got no idea at all what this could be .

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
my.php

ingame etc.

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
It could be the graphics card/drivers.

You could try searching for newer drivers, except i wouldn't go fiddeling with them unless you know what you're doing, i've had big problems with graphics drivers before.

Tried a reinstall anyway? Restarted your PC since Direct X 9 install?

Unfortionately thats all i can think of :( Maybe someone more computer-wise will be able to help, or you could try RightNow for technical support?

Sorry i can't help much more :(

Penguin.

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Looks dodgy mate, all i can say of anything that might help is i found you would need double the minimum spec of a game for a laptop. Even if it is minimum spec it won't run as smoothly as a desktop but thats due to being a laptop

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Just read over other forums and people have had problems witht his gfx card running games etc.
f
Gonna pop to pc shop tomorrow and fork out some more cash for another graphics card.

Thanks for help etc, and will get back to you.. The loading/time rate is fine just untill it gets ingame, so im asuming all i would need is a gfc card.

After all most chip board gfx cards are shite anyway, prob learnt my lesson for not getting a custom built one ^_^

Thanks again, Jamie.

Edit; Anyone got any idea how much for a decent 64or 128 laptop gfx card would be ?

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
im running 2nd account on laptop... (dell 1.7 centrino, 512mb ram, 128mb), staying in homeland zones i have no probs other than loads of zonelag/loading, but forget about doing any rvr on it.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Dont think you can upgrade a gfx card in a laptop and even if you could, the costs would be so silly it would be cheaper to buy a completely new laptop.

Found this link for you, it might answer a couple of your questions about changing a gfx card in a laptop:

http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=61202&b=1&st=&p=&#entry

edit: found that if the gfx card is integrated into the motherboard, ie. share memory with the Ram, it is not possible to upgrade.
However, if it actually is a gfxcard slotted into a port on the motherboard, like on a stationary, it is very possible to get a new one, the problem is to find a dealer that has laptop gfx cards, can't help you with that I'm afraid.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Just read over other forums and people have had problems witht his gfx card running games etc.
f
Gonna pop to pc shop tomorrow and fork out some more cash for another graphics card.

Thanks for help etc, and will get back to you.. The loading/time rate is fine just untill it gets ingame, so im asuming all i would need is a gfc card.

After all most chip board gfx cards are shite anyway, prob learnt my lesson for not getting a custom built one ^_^

Thanks again, Jamie.

Edit; Anyone got any idea how much for a decent 64or 128 laptop gfx card would be ?

GFX chips are usually hardwired to the laptop, you cant normally get new gfx cards for laptops... sorry :mad:

:m00:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Just bought a new laptop.

1.6g processor
512 ram
64 gfx

All meets the specs, go to load up the game, gets to char select screen/bit more and closes "camelot is not responding " bullshit.

Any idea ?

make sure you dont have a problem with the windows firewall, and then check the network card seeetings and remove hardware checksumming ( i think its that for network cards)

I Play doac on my laptop, its laggy as hell though but yo can just about level on it, rvr is a no no as yo get lag killed all the while.

set all models to classic version and highest frame rate

:m00:

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
Yep, looks like normal laptop graphics...

My laptop at work has a 2ghz centrino processor, 1gb of ddr and 128mb 9700 pro graphics in it, looks same as a desktop pc and runs smooth aswell

Thats not "normal laptop graphics" It's ghetto laptop graphics :D

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yep, looks like normal laptop graphics...

Looks nothing like my latop gfx

I run A centrino 1.6, 1024mb ram and a 64mb ATI

Cata runs smooth and clear in any zone.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Currys are C^nts, its as simple as that.

Aparently its my fault for not knowing daoc would not run, even though all specs matched.

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Infanity said:
Currys are C^nts, its as simple as that.

Aparently its my fault for not knowing daoc would not run, even though all specs matched.

actually no, your machine did meet the requirements, but some laptop gfx cards are just crap and cant handle textures as well as others.
Your problem might also have something to do with heat, if the laptop produces alot of heat when turned on, it is natural for the gfx card to not draw as much texture as it's supposed to, same problem on stationary gfx cards, if you should take off/dislocate the cooler on the gfx card, like I did on my own ( /slap self :twak: ).

Faen

Fledgling Freddie
I got a Dell XPS X-treme N12XP1
M170 Pentium M780 (2.26Ghz, MB L2 Cache, 533 Mhz FSB)
2X512 533Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
17" Ultra Sharp Wide Screen WUXGA (1920 x 1200) Display with True Life.
Grafic card: NIVIDIA Go 6800 ULTRA 256MB DDR video memory.

And it's perfect for DAOC, best laptop i ever had for my bb, I recomend that :)

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
Unless the laptop has a branded graphics card like ATi or Nvidia I doubt it will be up to handling Daoc.

I did the same as you about 3yrs ago - bought a laptop hoping to run daoc on it but it was shite. Had a card by S3 in it and it was rubbish :(

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Nah, Well, It seems it wont even run classic classic graphics, and its WAY above spec for that.

Taking it back as faulty and demanding a refund, Its been 1 day they cant refuse.

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
Jamie come down H'pool Curry. Gonna get closed if they recive to many more complaints :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Jai13 said:
Jamie come down H'pool Curry. Gonna get closed if they recive to many more complaints :)

Meh, means i gotta get a train :(

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Nah, Well, It seems it wont even run classic classic graphics, and its WAY above spec for that.

Taking it back as faulty and demanding a refund, Its been 1 day they cant refuse.

Go buy a Dell with ur refund ;)

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
It's not any of your hardware, i have same problem with my PC, newish CPU and gfx card, all of it is new. It's only had that problem since i installed the new gfx drivers and the updated directx. Worked out that the latest graphics driver i was using hadn't had updated forceware for certain online games, including DAOC , reverted back to some old drivers and i haven't had the problem since. (Even before the drivers that came on the disc with gfx card)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom