Just for louster...

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
distractionware » My Picks

You have proved far beyond any doubt that you have gaming pedigree, so please have a look at Cottage of Doom (press Esc to skip the intro) and tell me just how awesome some kind of multiplayer version would be. Come on, I'm waiting.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
Check out Left For Dead.. hopefully it'll come close in 3D terms..

But aye, I see your point with this too :D

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Check out Left For Dead.. hopefully it'll come close in 3D terms..

It's hard to get the best aspects of a zombie apocalypse into a computer game, without having to sit at your comp for 12 hours having a char run around screaming, shooting, salvaging and rummaging, then worrying about whether those players you've hooked up with will let you sleep and take watch for the next 12 hours or something.
I'd like something similar to urban dead with this action sort of approach, and some simple rpg elements. It would be awesome. Even a skirmish mode would be awesome. We need more awesome!

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
That is quite awesome indeed. Nice find.

A cooperative fight like that against a zombie invasion would be fun, but cooperative games don't get made any more. :(

I wonder if it would be possible to pitch a realtime action zombie horror MMO...

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if it would be possible to pitch a realtime action zombie horror MMO...

That'd be absolutely awesome.. similar to 28 days later or something - whole of the UK to travel across, towns etc. to hole up in.. groups isolated in compounds across the country and having to send groups out to salvage and defend areas for supplies etc. ;D

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
A survival-based MMO rather than grinding out those levels in quests and such ... please someone make it! :)

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
I'd give both my legs for a game like that. Wouldn't need them anymore assuming it was done well.

The closest thing to that at the moment that I've found is zombie horde counterstrike mod on Zombie House server. They track your infects as a zombie and you used to be able to unlock new zombies with different stats and special abilities but they took most of that functionality away. You can build barricades to an extent but there's only so much you can do with a shotgun and a few vending machines.

Building would be a pretty big part of one of those games I reckon. Barricades feature in just about every zombie film I can think of and in an MMO world you'd be talking about thousands of props to keep track of. Must be a way of doing it, just hope it comes in my lifetime :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom