Just a thought...

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
But rather than having a single big thread with peoples photos, how about we propose that anyone who wants to post photos creates a thread in their name... That way they can group all their work and when they update, shoot to the top of the page.

Xav.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Xavier said:
But rather than having a single big thread with peoples photos, how about we propose that anyone who wants to post photos creates a thread in their name... That way they can group all their work and when they update, shoot to the top of the page.

Xav.
I like the idea.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Good man, anyone else agree/object/have any other ideas/suggestions?

Sar

Part of the furniture
Good idea.

Should stop spammage etc.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Might I suggest that users are recommended not to post anything over 1024x768 in size, and that the files must be jpg?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
No, that's silly, we're not the gestapo here, let them post what they like :)

If you don't like the fact that certain users post 5MP images over 10Mb, the simpler solution is to avoid their thread entirely as above.

The other benefit I've realised of this is that it will help us look at the kind of stuff we're generally most interested in, if holiday photos for instance aren't your thing and you know a certain user is a big fan of dumping their entire holiday photo collection online then you just have to skip their thread so as to avoid hundreds of photos of the grass surrounding their apartment ;)

Had another thought too, it worth asking people to post the kit they're using in their first post of the thread, updating where necessary? Would save trawling through entire threads and the camera thread to see what people used that way.

Xav

leggy

Probably Scottish
ok then at least tell us if it's a .tiff sitting at 3Mbs then pls :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
If it's over 1mb in size, or over 1600x1200 then link to it rather than use the IMG tags, with a reason for the link rather than the image?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Good idea, will do :)

Just need to get my gallery sorted and upload a thousand pics or so :)

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Cool beans :)

I've been speaking to DBs and Ted about the imaging forum over the last few days and we've a minor 'jiggling' in the pipeline which will give us a dedicated gallery subforum for these threads ;)

We should also have seperate spaces for discussing photography and CGI - 'Imaging' may be one of the newest subforums, but it already has the second largest post count in entertainment. Congratulations, to us all I guess, mean we're a bunch of snap-happy spamwhores.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And if I can manage to save any cash at all, I should be a snap happy spam whore with a 300D next month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom