Jury duty

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
I got a summons for Jury duty today which is terrible timing what with moving a few towns over and starting a new job around the time.

Has anyone else here done it (I guess it will be quite boring?) or tried to get their summons deferred for 12 months?

Chilly

Balls of steel
There are circumstances where you may skip or defer - there will be a contact on the summons you can hash it out with!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Its very easy to get it deferred for between 6 and 12 months. There are lots of reasons why you would find it difficult to attend at the exact dates they ask so just write a letter saying when you can do it, Your jury summons should have come with a form.

It can be very boring. You may find yourself sitting around for a week doing nothing before finding out you were a Juror who wasn't selected. It can also be quite interesting depending on the case.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Im not allowed to do it, but my mate did for two weeks said it was mostly boring, though is certainly the hang 'em all type so I expect he enjoyed it too :)

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
I've done it, and all I can say is that if you ever get done for anything, go for a jury trial. The standard of decision making was ridiculous. Basically - wear a tie = get off, look scruffy = go down....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom