Games Jumpgate Evolution - Event sectors

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
They were muttering about this quite some time ago. Seems to be a cross between WoW's Wintergrasp (but in space) and Warhammer's PvP Public Quests.

Regardless, I'd be amazed if we see JGE this year and surprised if its before next summer between Gazillion's launch schedule and competing MMO launches (ie Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and WoW Cataclysm.)

Black Prophecy will likely hit the market first making it just that little bit harder for JGE. Assuming BP is not just another shit F2P ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just seems like a pointless gimmick to try and make "this here be shooting stuff mission" as something so-called special.

MMOs especially have this re-inventing the wheel syndrome, which is all good and fine, but more times then not, the gimmick of the MMO will shadow the very basic MMO needs.

Take that, dark side, whatnot MMO that's coming. Lovecraft inspired or something. They have this system where you can put an enemy or friend in "status" and then others can use that status to do other stuff. Cool new feature, but the problem is, the game looks like it's from 2002.

So by gimmicking the game, they haven't had resources to do XYZ and that IS a problem. Same goes with Jumpgate, it's a shootey game, keep it simple, don't try to re-invent the wheel and give the audience what they want. Capture the flag ha no reason? Players couldn't give a f*ck if A; it works and B; it's fun.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Half the time games say "We have this revolutionary new 'thing'" blah blah blah. Then the game comes out and it either fails, or is not included because it could not be done.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Half the time games say "We have this revolutionary new 'thing'" blah blah blah. Then the game comes out and it either fails, or is not included because it could not be done.

qft

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom