judical system

D

Darq

yes, ladies and gentlewomen

meridian59 was my first mmorpg, for those of you who never heard about it,
it's focused on pvp. why i am writing this?

it had a judical system, white players were innocent, if you'd attack a white player you'd become orange (outlaw).
if you're orange everyone can attack and kill you without penalty.
once you die as an orange player, you become white again.
if you kill a lawful (white) player you become red (murderer).
if you die as a red player you stay red. reds can be attacked and killed without penalty.
only the judge , who was elected every 1-2 weeks could pardon your murderer status.
penalties to dieing as a white player: minimal
penalties to dieing as a orange player: medium
penalties to dieing as a red player: big
possible penalty to killing a white player: spawns a revenant (a strong npc that attacks the murderer)

that basically sums it up and this is also what a daoc pvp server needs.

your thoughts?

Yvbani

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds very nice, much like the pvp system in lineage.

too bad its never going to happen though. is that game still going strong?

Epo

Loyal Freddie
yeah, it's like lineage and it's the shit.. daoc has the best pvp system imho

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
GW's PvP system > Daoc imo :p

yes, instant 8vs8 is so fun.... not

you never get a relation to your char, might aswell play counter-strike

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Reason I added "imo" to the post.....fair fights > most of the daoc fights.

P

Pretarded

Something like that is in Ultima Online, its pretty cool imo

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Blind Guardian said:
gw pvp is for cs kiddies who want to play a mmorpg :p
for all people who was to bad for daoc pvp^^
:twak: :twak: :twak:

1. GW aint a mmorpg
2. I was not talking about anything but the PvP system (equal numbers each fight, no realm ranks, no warlocks/bonedancers)
3. What makes daoc more skill? The ras or the I win classes that exist there but not in GW I guess.
4. Im with 99.9% security older then you so the kiddie comment is really funny.

Not playing any of the 2 games amt so I have no need to be subjective in the case.

Blind Guardian

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
1. GW aint a mmorpg
2. I was not talking about anything but the PvP system (equal numbers each fight, no realm ranks, no warlocks/bonedancers)
3. What makes daoc more skill? The ras or the I win classes that exist there but not in GW I guess.
4. Im with 99.9% security older then you so the kiddie comment is really funny.

Not playing any of the 2 games amt so I have no need to be subjective in the case.

gw pvp suxx
where´s the fun when i know "ohhh in the next 30 seconds come 8 other stupid players to kill me"

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Blind Guardian said:
gw pvp suxx
where´s the fun when i know "ohhh in the next 30 seconds come 8 other stupid players to kill me"

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Youre way of arguing for youre point is ...cute. Guess when you cant really write something constructive you hammer the puke emote.

Where is the fun in classes that can insta kill people? Or fights you cannot win no matter how good you play cause youre opponents char is 3-4 years old and RR11 and you have a new char with less "toys". I rather know that its equal numbers equal equipped chars coming against me then a warlock with a di bot camping and insta killing people with his tremendous skill.

You dont have to answer cause I allready know what you will answer. Another very constructive sentence and ...let me guess...5 puke emotes this time.

Playing warlock or bd?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I love all the idiots who come up against Nedo, they all lose.

D

Darq

Caledwyn said:
well but thats no pvp anymore then

what else is it then? let me guess,
a mmoRPG :eek6: ?

and pvp means player versus player, just in case you didn't know

so care to explain your point?

D

Darq

Epo said:
yeah, it's like lineage and it's the shit.. daoc has the best pvp system imho

what is like lineage?
"it's the shit" usually means, that it's good

lineage sucks, yeah i agree with that.
what would you suggest to motivate players to play on camlann?

D

Darq

Yvbani said:
sounds very nice, much like the pvp system in lineage.

too bad its never going to happen though. is that game still going strong?

don't know tbh, didn't check it for a few years. someone asked me to start playing again, but i just cba to maxout another char + i doubt that there's new content. since 3do dropped it, it went through some changes, changes that i didn't like.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Gw sucks d0nkeyballs :/ rather play CS then -_-
GW = wannabie mmorpg ...

Epo

Loyal Freddie
Darq said:
what is like lineage?
"it's the shit" usually means, that it's good

lineage sucks, yeah i agree with that.
what would you suggest to motivate players to play on camlann?

i did NOT intent to be ironical this time!!!

Blind Guardian

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
Youre way of arguing for youre point is ...cute. Guess when you cant really write something constructive you hammer the puke emote.

Where is the fun in classes that can insta kill people? Or fights you cannot win no matter how good you play cause youre opponents char is 3-4 years old and RR11 and you have a new char with less "toys". I rather know that its equal numbers equal equipped chars coming against me then a warlock with a di bot camping and insta killing people with his tremendous skill.

You dont have to answer cause I allready know what you will answer. Another very constructive sentence and ...let me guess...5 puke emotes this time.

Playing warlock or bd?

i think there were a few warlocks, bainshe´s and vampiires too much who chained you ?:p

it´s fun in daoc to kill these overpowered clases ^^ where is the problem :O?

:touch:

wheres the fun when i know that a few seconds after the game starts, 8players come to attak me... if I like that I can play CounterStrike....

the most of the gde´s left to play this game :p and that says me that the game is played by ppl who was to stupid for daoc ^^

:m00: :twak:

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Let me get this Blind Guardian..you have not even tried GW yet you have a strong opinion? lol @ you mate.

And no I have not been chained by those classes....simple reason. Have not played Cam since it "died".

Again you repeat the same sentence about "what is fun with bla bla bla". Instead of finding something that actually says something? My motivation for liking the PvP system better in GW (NOTE not the game itself teh PVP system which this thread is about aint it), at least is based no playing both games. not like Blind Guardian (suiting nick).

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:
Gw sucks d0nkeyballs :/ rather play CS then -_-
GW = wannabie mmorpg ...

Never really heard the creators of it say its a MMORPG? ^^

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
the judicial system on most mmorpg's is because you not actually supposed to kill each other, so you get punished for doing so, i used to play helbreath and on there you went to jail for an hour.

you cant do anything like that on the pvp server because we are supposed to be killing each other.

i still dont understand though, why on the pvp server, you do still get realm points for killing non reward people, all be it only a hundred or so, but if the big guilds farm enough.. they are still making rp's, you really shouldnt get anything for killing a non reward person, including con money.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Blind Guardian said:
gw pvp is for cs kiddies who want to play a mmorpg :p
for all people who was to bad for daoc pvp^^
:twak: :twak: :twak:

Such putting level 20's in your sig :twak:

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
WiZe^ said:
oh no, its ze spelling police! :m00:

/hidden fu...

My point was rather that its a PvP game in fantasy environment rather then a MMORPG so you cant really compare them....

/hidden whatever

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Nedo said:
My point was rather that its a PvP game in fantasy environment rather then a MMORPG so you cant really compare them....

/hidden whatever

:)

/hidden lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom