Joystick axis swapping?

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I've recently got hold of a playstation2 to usb adapter and it seems great but the one game I really want to use it with is GTA:VC but for some reason it insists that the right ana logue stick is the wrong way up. It should enable me to look around but up and down makes me look left and right and the left and right axis makes me look up and down. It's totally confusing and GTA:VC has no options for me to change this so I need an external joystick configuration utility.

If anyone has ever seen one or can find one for me I'd really appreaciate it. Thanks in advance.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Its not something silly like having Mouse look enabled is it? *shrug*

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Nah, it's to do with the right hand joystick axis being seen as the top hat etc on a normal joystick, but just around the wrong way. I think it's a fault of the USB adapter more than anything.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I think it's because most adapters treat the right analogue stick like throttle axis', not like a normal analogue stick.

What you could probably try is something like joy2key (which is a *nix product), but a windows equivalent. A quick search threw up this, which appears to be in Japanese but may work.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Cheers babs, I'll give it a go when I get home. Not sure if it's 100% what I'm looking for but I'll let you know. Ta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom