Johnny Cash

D

Damini

Holy hell - just watched the video for Hurt (a NIN cover) and it's actually got me all tearful and sniffling. I recomend hunting this out if you haven't already seen it, it's pretty impressive. And horribly depressing.

edit: You can find a low quality streaming of it here: http://www.nme.com/features/104451.htm

W

Wazzerphuk

Not seen it, but heard it a while ago - just the tune alone was moving enough.

E

echo

Yeah I have the cd single with the video on, it does it to ya :(

His whole last album was in a similar vein though, with him being at death's door and everything :(

M

mank!

I want to see it. I thought the NIN video for Hurt was pretty depressing, I must see!

Jamie, any chance of getting a bit more usage out of this jiffy bag? :]]

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by Damini
Holy hell - just watched the video for Hurt (a NIN cover) and it's actually got me all tearful and sniffling. I recomend hunting this out if you haven't already seen it, it's pretty impressive. And horribly depressing.

edit: You can find a low quality streaming of it here: http://www.nme.com/features/104451.htm

Is that the one I think it is?

"You can have it all...my empire of dust."

If so I thought NIN covered Johnny Cash!

M

mank!

haahhaahahahahah

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
ahahahaa

haha.

W

WPKenny

Just thought I'd bump this now the old guy's just passed on. Even more poiniant now.

W

whipped

I only just noticed there was a Jools Holland special on tonight. Didn't even now he'd died. My dad will be pissed.

E

Embattle

I managed to finally see all of it today, rather moving considering it was his last.

W

Will

They were playing this in the tattoo parlour I was in on Thursday. Very cool song. I can't see the video from here though, work bar the NME site for its bad language.

M

mank

I saw this last night and it was terrible. It also made the song even worse, it reminded me of a drunk old man singing it in a bar from an old Western film. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom