Jobs at Goa

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
In case some of you didn't read the Friday News and haven't seen the Warhammer forums, I'll repost this here.

We are currently recruiting people for QA and testing positions for both Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and our Goa.com platform. WAR (as I'm sure you already know) is the next major MMO from Mythic which will be run in Europe by us. The position offered will be key to ensuring the quality of the game itself and the systems we will have in place to support it. If you want to be a part of the Warhammer team, this is one of the most exciting and central roles that will be available. There will be a lot more recruitment for WAR closer to release but this is really a plum role if you want to get in on the ground floor.

Goa.com is a games portal where we will offer various fun games for a more casual market. It isn't live yet but will be soon. This position will be to draw up the QA procedures and manage the testing team for all the games offered through the portal.

The full descriptions of the jobs can be found here.
For non-English people, A Levels are further education exams taken at age 18, they are equivalent to the International Baccalaureate or college diplomas.

When it says the job is in Issy-les-Moulineaux and then Dublin, that means the office is moving during the next year. It doesn't mean there is a choice of locations. If you have general queries, I can try and answer them but many details are yet to be confirmed and a lot will be dependent upon the individual applicant (salary etc). I am also not able to answer any questions about WAR itself so please don't ask.

Keitan

Banned
Requiel said:
In case some of you didn't read the Friday News and haven't seen the Warhammer forums, I'll repost this here.

We are currently recruiting people for QA and testing positions for both Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and our Goa.com platform. WAR (as I'm sure you already know) is the next major MMO from Mythic which will be run in Europe by us. The position offered will be key to ensuring the quality of the game itself and the systems we will have in place to support it. If you want to be a part of the Warhammer team, this is one of the most exciting and central roles that will be available. There will be a lot more recruitment for WAR closer to release but this is really a plum role if you want to get in on the ground floor.

Goa.com is a games portal where we will offer various fun games for a more casual market. It isn't live yet but will be soon. This position will be to draw up the QA procedures and manage the testing team for all the games offered through the portal.

The full descriptions of the jobs can be found here.
For non-English people, A Levels are further education exams taken at age 18, they are equivalent to the International Baccalaureate or college diplomas.

When it says the job is in Issy-les-Moulineaux and then Dublin, that means the office is moving during the next year. It doesn't mean there is a choice of locations. If you have general queries, I can try and answer them but many details are yet to be confirmed and a lot will be dependent upon the individual applicant (salary etc). I am also not able to answer any questions about WAR itself so please don't ask.

just a question but on goa.com there are games that do not include DAoC and Warhammer ; ( i think DAoC needs more advertising : ) are you looking into this ? i know you havnt finished with the website at the moment.

IainC

Keitan said:
just a question but on goa.com there are games that do not include DAoC and Warhammer ; ( i think DAoC needs more advertising : ) are you looking into this ? i know you havnt finished with the website at the moment.
Goa.com is not about either DAoC or Warhammer. The kinds of games we are going to offer on that site are games that cater to a much more casual userbase than MMOs. The Goa.com portal is a separate project to our MMOs and is aimed at a very different set of users.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
• Very good knowledge and huge passion for video games, especially online games

only thing i could say i have :(

does that mean i dont get a job? ;(

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
requiel can we infer from this that GOA's main site/servers will be based in Dublin for WAR?

does this mean an end to opentranshite?

IainC

rampant said:
requiel can we infer from this that GOA's main site/servers will be based in Dublin for WAR?

does this mean an end to opentranshite?
As far as I know, only the offices will be based in Dublin. I don't know where the servers will be located.

Remember that OpenTransit operate throughout northern Europe. Depending where you're routing through, you're still likely to be connected via OT no matter where the severs are. Also a point of note is that we've had almost no major problems with our hosting or bandwidth for DAoC. The vast majority of the problems that people have experienced have come from external hubs (usually major international routers operated by OT or other companies). Regardless of who our host was, people would still have experienced those problems.

Borand

Fledgling Freddie
How many vacancies are there for the Warhammer QA testing position?

Where would the interview take place?

I'd really love a position like this, my current job is so damn boring :p

Afran

Part of the furniture
• Previous experience in beta testing for MMORPGs, especially in bug reporting
• Able to work well as a member of a team
• Very good knowledge and huge passion for video games, especially MMORPGs
• Fluent English (native speaker)

Got the above, I just miss the further education and no doubt age requirement. :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Afran said:

Got the above, I just miss the further education and no doubt age requirement. :(

I know what you mean mate, my Mum has been doing teaching assitant for nearly 25 years now, she has not got one qualification I don't think!

Experience can sometimes go over the required A level and stuff, what would you rather have, a spotty faced youngster aged 21 fresh out of uni OR a 40 year old who has been in the business for years, just not got any qualifications?

Mey

Part of the furniture
I think he means that hes too young also :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
• Very good knowledge and huge passion for video games, especially online games

only thing i could say i have :(

does that mean i dont get a job? ;(

Don't think of just "work experience" think of your school and social life, you can pretty much always find something that fits one of the job requirements.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
On the application form it says

"You need 11 green FH bubs to apply"

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Bahumat said:
On the application form it says

"You need 11 green FH bubs to apply"

I heard it says "U have to be a najs guy IRL".

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Gahn said:
I heard it says "U have to be a najs guy IRL".

Nah, If that was a requirement at GOA I would have never landed a job here.

Gamah

Banned
Xalin said:
Nah, If that was a requirement at GOA I would have never landed a job here.

Damn my mental image of Xalin froloking in a field of daisy's giving food to the children of the hills whilst caring about the enviroment and the population of gibbons in western Africa has been shattered..DAMN YOU!

Dukat

Resident Freddy
• A-levels or equivalent (scientific background a plus)
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to create clear and concise reports
• Knowledge of the Warhammer IP a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer software (Word, Excel, Project..)
• Computer programming and scripting a plus

If National and Higher National Diploma's count then I believe I have all of the above, except maybe MMORPG beta testing as I guess the NF open beta wont count :D The college courses I have completed actually included Quality Assurance testing, so it might be interesting to persue that side of things directly.

Two things making me hesitate. One is the idea of having to move to France, the other is the "undeterminate length contact" thing.

Assuming you got that far, would you actually have to get to france for the interview phase? How much notice do you get of starting?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I suspect the amount of money on offer would not be sufficient for a great life in Dublin. Which is an expensive city to rent or buy in.

Nate

FH is my second home
When GOA fire you do they use the grey area and say it's against the SoTG to keep you here? :eek: and then hit you with a banstick!? :O

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
ive actually had experience of mmo beta testing, helped out on EVE online as well as erm starwars galaxies, i mean thats been in beta since it was released :D

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Hehe...

/applied

Let's see how we get on!!! I like Dublin, worked for Sun Microsystems over there a few years back...lovely city. Not so sure about Paris though :p

And if Tris is to believed, ANYWHERE is better than Darlington!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom