job you love v job you hate

which of these is more important to you:

• Total voters

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
If you dislike your work your day sucks! You can spend the money you earn too feel good for a sec but the minut you think about work its all back too shit again... So that money defo doesnt make you happy..

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Love my job and my companies attitude to its employess, the money could be better, but who needs the shit :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
I chose the option "Job i hate good cash"

However, I think hate is such a strong word.

Some days at work are amazing, Some can be utter shit.

Need more choices!

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
I chose the option "Job i hate good cash"

However, I think hate is such a strong word.

Some days at work are amazing, Some can be utter shit.

Need more choices!

so you still in the car stereo nicking buisness?

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
I dont know what the best choice is. I spent 3 years doing a job i didnt like, but after those 3 years I could pay off my student loan and buy a house with no mortgage with only the savings from those 3 years. Im only in my mid 20's but am reasonably set now and dont have to worry like alot of young people have to and can really do the job i want now (fulltime gaming :eek6: ). So i guess it was just a trade off of three years of misery for a better future.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
depends.
does anyone really enjoy work?:p
u gotta achieve a balance between:

the amount of money u need to live ur lifestyle comfortably

and

the amount of shit u are willing to put up with before u lose it and go on an insane killing rampage

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Job i love!
The money has to be almost ridiculously good for me to work a job i hate :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
despite voting job i love,
i would do a job i hate if it paid VERY well and i only had to work for a few years before i could retire

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
i work in the rail industry just repairing the track etc...great this time of year risky job at times tho.

I voted job u love not cash..my pay is fine tho :p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i always think if you can do a job you enjoy its half the battle won, tbh most people have to spend the majority of their week at work so why do something thats going to make you miserable and stress you out?

when i 1st met my bf he was working for a guy who was a total bastard the money was quite good but omg he had to work for it and tbh he wasnt paid anywhere near enough to do what he was doing and the put up with his boss, i kept saying leave and find a job you like and he did.

took him a while to find somewhere he liked and that suited him but now he has and its great.

i really dont like where im working atm but its just untill college in september so thats getting me through but i cant stay where im not happy if the works shit but the people are ok that makes it more bearable (my last job the work was shit and the people were shit lol).

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Having a job you hate makes coming home even more pleasurable.:)

So i voted good cash, hate the job.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
would not want a jobwhere i did not get payed good, not even how much i loved it so i voted good money but hate the work :p but then again why not get both? do something you like an get payed good? :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
so youd live to work, rather than work to live?

wtf m8 :/

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
so youd live to work, rather than work to live?

wtf m8 :/

if the money is right i dont care ;) ofc can chance my mind when i get a real job, but since my education is takeing 5 years from now on im gonna be disapointent if i dont like it.. only had parttime jobs an have all been crappy but needed the money an worked one of the places for 2 years :p

leviathane

Part of the furniture
pleasure> money, but ofc money does help for when your not at work.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
For me; the job I love. I do currently work in a bank, which I enjoy, although the pay isn't über. I have considered finding another job, since my education would allow me to have better-payed work, but I won't.

I'll rather enjoy shorter work hours, no overtime unless I want to (and then it's paid extra) and prefer to buy my beer in the shop instead of at the pub than to spend ten to twelve hours every day doing something I hate.

tris-

well is this poll talking about short term jobs or a career? short term to get you through uni etc, i dont think it matters.

in a career you need to strike a balance between what you want and getting a lot of money. considering you will do it for 40 years i think it has to be a good job, or you just wasted 40 years.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
in a career you need to strike a balance between what you want and getting a lot of money. considering you will do it for 40 years i think it has to be a good job, or you just wasted 40 years.
not really true, for example ppl like carers n stuff, don't do their job for the money now do they, they do it for the pure self satisfaction factor and the fact tht they can say they've made a change or meant soemthing to someone life.

tris-

ok, i should of added imo. my career will be about helping teh public (trading standards officer) but it also has a lot of money.

i think if you can get something to satisfy your desire, and a lot of money then you are sorted.

if it didnt pay well though, i would have to check other options out. ive lived in poverty too long to want to continue it all my life :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
my Ideal job would be a racing driver of some sort, ideally F1 or touring mebbe rally but need to be a complete nutter and balls of steel.

Weever

Banned
I rly wudnt care if the worked sucked since i cud just spend all of my huge wages on daoc accounts:drink: :drink: :drink:

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
If you love work, you love life. Who cares about money if you can pay for a home and have a roof over your head.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends on the difference in good/poor cash.

If poor cash is, say 2000e a month and the good cash si 6000e/month.

Then there's no question in my mind.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm lucky. I do a job I enjoy and they pay me over 100K pa

tris-

what is your job? cos last time you posted, you said you just got bumped to 40k. and that was only a few months ago. what kind of uber job gives 60k pay rise so quick :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Investment Banking.

Going from scumbag level to Director. Big jump.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
the job i want wont pay so good and will be hard to make a good living off. But i can do it as a second evening job till i make it :)

gunna be a hard few years after uni but its going to be worth it in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom