Help @job. Plumbing thing

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Got a mixer shower with a thermostatic valve on it. I got it as far as in the pics. the valve isnt working as we just getting hot no cold mixed in.

i want to get it out and soak it in acid stuff to break down any lime scale.

i am guessing the plastic thing on the right is the valve stuff. And it should just unscrew from its setting?

its not budging at the moment. But i dont want to put too much force through it incase i break it. The one on the left is the water flow :)

any ideas?

8F196845-0B22-4D49-9F8C-B3674BDC2FE6.jpeg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hmmm from a blurry picture and I dont even know the make or model.

Find those details and search youtube or plumbers forums..even the company will give you help.

Theres no standard build or way they are constructed, though they all will be able to be removed in situ.
Dont force anything!
Its usually a bimetallic spring ..have you checked the cold filter hasnt become blocked....they always have a filter, usualky just a mesh washer.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm from a blurry picture and I dont even know the make or model.

Find those details and search youtube or plumbers forums..even the company will give you help.

Theres no standard build or way they are constructed, though they all will be able to be removed in situ.
Dont force anything!
Its usually a bimetallic spring ..have you checked the cold filter hasnt become blocked....they always have a filter, usualky just a mesh washer.
Pics not blurry :(

i looked all over the bits i taken off and no manufacturer name or anything.

this is with the flow nob removed. The right is the one that controls the heat. i guessed that they should come apart. Guess i need to get a dude out :(

24B5BE90-F739-4E10-ACE3-07EDC705AA48.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom