Job Interview question

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Since we have a few job interview guru's among us OT'rs

Is it ok to ask how you did after you finish your interview?, i normally don't and mail them afterwards asking how i did. Problem with this is that they most likely dont remember you (unless you got the job), and write a generic yes was fine blah blah..

So is it good etiquite to ask this when your done?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I always ask them how I did, and also if there are any concerns they have. That way I've sometimes been able to correct misconceptions before it's too late.

No idea whether it's good etiquette or not.

Darzil

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`m not exactly a job interview guru, but I think that a question directly after the interview will never get you an honest answer. If you were crap, they won´t tell you because it´s quite tactless to say "you sucked". If it´s been ok but they´re still not sure, they won´t want to create false expectations. I think that´s one of the reasons why those interviews are usually ended with a rather formal "we´ll get back to you asap".

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Do you mean asking the interviewer how you did ?

If so, thats a big NO. Shows naivety.

They'll need some time to think it over and compare you with other candidates.

By all means if you went through an agency then call them up after and tell them how you think you did. They'll tell you how you did in their own time. Agencies want to make money out of you so they're not going to hold out on you.

Ask them how long it will be before you'll hear from them again. Then contact them AFTER this time if you've not heard anything.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
tnx for the replies,
i just like to ask so i can see if there are any ways i can improve my interview "technique" (/slap vlad for naughty thoughts).

Wish me luck <o/

Himse

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
tnx for the replies,
i just like to ask so i can see if there are any ways i can improve my interview "technique" (/slap vlad for naughty thoughts).

Wish me luck <o/

Good Luck :drink:

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Rather than asking how you did, ask for detailed feedback after the interview. You're more likely to get a detailed (i.e. useful) response this way :)

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Rather than asking how you did, ask for detailed feedback after the interview. You're more likely to get a detailed (i.e. useful) response this way :)

Was gonna write the very same thing :)

Never a problem to ask for feedback as it shows you are willing to appraise your performance and make improvements. I've even found it useful when I got the job as it can help highlight any weaknesses and you can focus on them from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom