JK2 Leagues

F

FragFodder

Ok guys, we could do with a few suggestions on how you would like to compete in leagues

We have our own Ideas but I would like some input reguarding what types of gametypes you would be interested in eg:

TFFA
CTY
CTF

Also server limits eg:

TimeLimit
CapLimit
FragLimit

Include your interest in:

Should weapons be used? (I think they should ;) but thats just me )
Force Levels
Custom Maps

This league is for YOU (the community) its only fair we listen to what you want and see what we can do to incorporate your ideas.

FragFodder [Co BWJK2L Admin]

G

greendemon

Hmm, difficult one.
Personally I enjoy all game modes.

I also like weapons, not everyone is good with a Saber, and those that are good with Sabers, know how to defend themselves well against weapon attack, so it's swings and roundabouts - I say leave the weapons in!

If there's not room to have seperate Tourneys running for TFFA, CTF/CTY, then I suppose TFFA would be the sensible choice to kick the League off, as it would be easier to design the rules for, and would get things moving.

Just a thought.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Kinneh

Please, keep weapons on.

i'm sick and tired of going onto saber only servers with 16people fighting backwards trying to get the backslash kill. It spoils the game alot.

Force levels should be Jedi Knight as this provides good force settings for the average player.

Z

Zey

aye CTF and CTY should have weapons... as for TFFA.... how about letting the teams decide? :)

M

mr.Blacky

but what has the preference, because what if 2 clans disagree.
I like to use weapons, nay I love to use weapons for a fast kill.
:)

F

FragFodder

Raa good point, maybe its upto the teams to decide, however we could have Weapons as standard unless both teams agree sabers only

Just a thought.. we're not finalising anything yet

FF

O

old.lcalan

i think all
captuer and frag limits should be on 0 beacuse its pointless if some good person comes up its like over in 10 mins
so we need a resable timelimit
20??:p

R

RSO:Gray

Umm hello just making an INto to myself As i always dO

ppl are right about the frag limit being 0 n cap limit 0 cos it is over too soon but i disagree with GUNS there just not cool if ppl have Jedi Knight force skills and sabers only this will prove FUn if you look at the saber only servers out there, there always full but thats imo any how i would like to see how the BWJK2L turns out as its a bit new i only stumbled on it today it dont look to full i beat it will be by the time it starts

[Gray]

F

FragFodder

A clause has been writain into the rules that Weapons will be used as default unless the two clans agree on sabers only for EVERY game except the Final. Its the only real way to keep most peeps happy. The Final will be sabers only by default but if the finalists want weapons then they will be used

The Rules page has now been put up on the site, anyone interested please read:

http://leagues.barrysworld.net/bwjk2l/rules.php

R

\o/

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yey I hate weapons it takes the fun out of playing JK2 cos if i want weapons I would play Q3A wouldnt I but the rules sound fair to me anyways

all skill in jk2 come from saber and from saber will come victory look forward to playing in the leage :

[gray]

M

mr.Blacky

love the blue of the website, (watch it for a minute :eek: )
cant wait, bring it on :clap:

R

Quote from rules
"If subs are not permitted and a player lags out the other team MUST drop a player to compensate"

i disagree with this rule on the grounds of lag only i mean if some one lags out what are we spost to do about it, its on thing that cant be helped im afrade.

if some one lags out thay must drop to there clan channle and inform a able Sub to replace them ingame (hope to god no one pings out though) if the team is a player short during game withing first 5 mins i can understand the outher team droping a player to compensate But its kind of sill cos ppl will have to wast time disiding on who to drop and this takes time so a 20min match becomes a 17min match unless an admin is at hand to compensate the Clock to add the extra time.

outher rules i disagree with is the 20min time limit Its a bit short
I would say 30mins Minumum 20 mins goes far to quick

F

FragFodder

You're quite right when you say there's nothing that can be done about peeps dropping conn and lagging out. Thats why we've tried to account for any senario relating to this issue

Substitutes
Subs should be available if they need to replace a droped team member or to change formation.

All subsitutions should be made quickly by the team leader. Both clans MUST agree to the pressence of Subs. If subs are not permitted and a player lags out the other team MUST drop a player to compensate. If this does not happen, points will be deducted from the final score to allow for the unfair teams. Point deductions will happen at the Admins discression and all deductions are FINAL except in extream cercumstances.

The point has to be.. If someone on the enemy team lags out and the sides change to 4v5 its a bonus but if its a member of your own team and the shoe is on the other foot. Would you be willing to play with a disadvantage untill that player rejoins? Especially since your clan would have agreed to no Subs in the first place. Its the lesser of two evils. Replacement via Spec or Evening team via dropping a play for a couple of minutes.

Our problem is alot of clans dont like Sub/Spectators in the server because they can spy for their clan when using programs like BattleCom. This is unavoidable and its impossible to know with 100% certainty wether voice coms are being used.

However, if one player from your team drops and you're worried about losing another player to fetch a replacement. Then maybe you should use BattleCom or any other voice app to call in re-enforcements (lol, sounds really war like :p).

Theres no set proceedure on how a clan evens its numbers other than if you've got a sub in the server get him in the game and when the disconned player returns either get your sub to return to the spectators or have the disconned player stay specing. This is upto the team leader. When there are no subs available a member from the OTHER team must drop to make the sides fair.

As for chosing the person to be dropped maybe this is just a logical idea but... I'd drop the fella with the least points. Calling in spectators or dropping peeps to spec is the team leaders responsibility. These rules have been set in place to keep the game going and not allow for breaks whilst subs are contacted from outside the server. Internal clan communications we leave upto you guys.

R

i must be SO tuned in this week I just got an email from BW telling me that i have jk2 as one of the games my clan play and theres a new BWJK2L open funny thing is i got here 2 days ago damn there slow

just some lame NON topic garbage you all dont need to know
at least i got my space in the BWJK2L (crosses fingers)
lets just hope the spaces get taken quickly

F

FragFodder

Yeah m8

All BW registered JK2 Clans got an email, BigFoot has also posted on the BW News Section and we're looking into a few other things to raise aweness...

Trust me we'll have enough signings pretty soon

FF

R

Raktael

Cool

I think TFFA, and weapons usage are both, good, adds more variety.

As for saber only, it's, well boring, the only tactic ppl ever use is to push u to the ground then back stab you for christ sake, what good is that! LOL

Phew, finally registered!

:cool:

R

WHat you mean boring

jolt are using a server side mod I hear to Tone down Backstab/slashes I do find the pull backstab unreasonable But I also can’t say this is a good reason to say sabers are boring. if sabers are boring go play CS or Q3A, I thought the reason there’s a star wars game is for the lightsabers :p I know I’m right on this too most servers are more or less melee combat this is the true way to play JK2 weapons just make it the same as any other FPS shooter not many games offer the type of game play for online gamers you'll be lucky to be able to play a hand to hand beat um up online at the moment if I want weapons I play quake :p so expect our clan to be asking for No weapons in the BWJK2L
cos we know how to use our sabers unlike some ppl

Yes I hate backstabs as much as the next person but I wont winged about it cos I can do it too but there are some ppl out there who use this pull n backstab to gain frags Quickly and this isn’t expectable I hope raven patch the pull backstab so it takes longer to backstab after using push or pull.
I have had experience where a WHOLE server became pointless to play one because some one started to admin and kick any backstabbers this made it pointless to play & every one just ran about standing in groups chatting bull to each other no if used properly the saber is fun But there’s always some weak n00b who just found out that using pull n backstab is easy to get frags also lighting to score easy frags makes a lame game I could go on but if I did I wouldn’t be saying much for my skills now would I

all I can say to ppl who don’t like the way ppl play is don’t get mad GET EVEN use there tricks make it work in your favour and kick ass
its simple to reverse most moves i.e. jump hack is countered by ether sidestep and backstab Or overhead slash overhead slash is countered by an upward lunge and the upward lunge by kick

don’t moone about ppls improper skills if there using excessive force and improper techniques counter n use it to your advantage.

my clan duel regular and I fight the team captain all the time believe me he is a backstab whore if he wants to be But I will change my fighting style all the time and will usual kill him faster then he kills me.

this only proves every one is different and the way JK2 is played by every one is always different I like backstabbing but not by pulling ppl then doing a backslash this isn’t my style NO weakness

see you online ppl

R

Raktael

lol

I'm NOT saying ALL saber's are boring...Its just boring when all you get on servers is that very same tactic, which is what will happen most likely.

Well no matter what, unless we make it to the final, we won't be requesting saber only matches, I have several gun whores in this clan and they r damned good, expect a good competition =)

:m00:

R

nice to see it

maybe a lot of players do use the same styles but there no good at it i can tell you its called predictablity and when you work out some ones attack patten its easy to counter if you keep a cool head

M

mr.Blacky

I like weapons. I can use the saber (I think) but there is a part of me that says a saber is a defence weapon, mainly to be used to protect a) from weapons blasts and b) the weapon carier behind him.

F

FragFodder

Dont worry fellaz... We're looking into commands that actually make the Backstab blockable (apparently)

We'll see how the testing goes.

As for guns, I think the choice of weapons by default stemed from the idea that, anyone who uses Sabers know how to defend themselves against guns so leaving them in was just a case of ensuring a little diversity in the matchs

FF

Users who are viewing this thread