JK2 League

B

bigfoot

I've been approached by some folks about supporting a JK2 League and whilst this hasn't been possible due to resource issues we might be able to free up some server time to do a league.

If this is possible is there interest in running / helping to run it, adminning in it, playing in it? Also, what game-type of league would it be?

O

old.Rafferty

Something fast paced and fun like 1v1 or small teams of 4v4 with saber only and force powers would be good, a compromise between those who want to use everything and those who like to keep the pure saber. :]

Maybe in a ladder system? Keeping it simple, fun and very competitive?

If any help is needed I'd be happy to lend a hand in whatever way (far too much time on my hands :]).

F

FragFodder

I'm Interested and that means =RD= are ;)

Not sure really BigFoot. Maybe its worth going on a surf and finding out what the other leagues play (if there are any). You know, see what they do and then see if we can come with something better.

But yeah.. Sabers/Force Only TDM or full fat CTF/CTY would be pretty good :)

FF

Z

Zey

Yeah i'm totally interested, and ma clan is #jedi-powers on quakenet :p

Got my vote and my help with all aspects of the league.

As for league types:

1vs1 Duel: With only Force Jump, Push, defend and attack.... This can be configured btw ;) I'll explain if needed. (this is mainly to see who is the best saber duelist)

1vs1 Duel: Jedi Knight Force level powa :D (this is mainly too see who is the best Jedi)

2vs2 TFFA: Team FFA 2 vs 2.. (sabers and reflective shot weapons) good team work involved
(this can be set up :))

CTY: Standard capture the flag but with a difference ;)

Not a fan of CTF when CTY is available... Takes a lot more team work with CTY than CTF...

Even a special one could be a 2v1 tourney ;) Set in TFFA on Duel servers... See who is the ultimate duelist ;) reinact Ep1 :D

I'm happy to help out.. even run it :D With a little assistance of course ;)

F

FragFodder

There is an Episode1 Map out see if you can find it on http:///www.jk2files.com

I had a look and its awesome, would be really good for that 2v1 you're on about ;)

FF

Z

Zey

oh FragFodder... How about yourself and me run the JK2 leagues? :D

Both talk the most and help the most for JK2?

TBH m8, i bloody luv 2vs1.. 2 against me... bloody wicked ;)
WICKED it really is...
wish they'd bring out an MOD for it... Might teach myself good old JK2 coding and make it...

i'm excited now ;)

F

FragFodder

errrrm yeah sure....

/me puts head on block :p

I'll PM u my email addy if you want it m8

FF

Z

Zey

Originally posted by FragFodder
errrrm yeah sure....

/me puts head on block :p

I'll PM u my email addy if you want it m8

FF

hehe :) right o m8... always on IRC btw.. Zey or Z-work :)

F

FragFodder

K... I'll have to find you when I get home m8

The firewall/Proxy here at work is pretty solid and I aint got IRC installed :p

FF

Z

Zey

m8 it took me 8 months ;)

in work now.... they got a tight firewall... but some irc servers use port 8080 which works .... hang on...

b0rk.uk.quakenet.eu.org 8080

think port 8080 is standard port for porxy things.. ant sure.. had help from someone in BW :)

works for me :)

what connection u got at home? got anotehr way through it too :D

If that doesn't work i can tell you how to set up a sorta bouncer at home... so you connect to home and it redirects u to irc :D

F

FragFodder

lol kewl.. bit of an over kill but i like the bouncer idea.

You've caught me on a bit or a wierd day, there's nothing to do so I'm in the office, normally out for most of the day.

I'll have a look at getting IRC setup then :)

FF

Z

Zey

:) wicked :D

the whole idea is you d/l a program that is about 25k... it's a port redirector

set it up at home to recieve incoming packets on port 80.. and redirect them too an irc channel

then u use irc in work and conenct to ur home ip on port 80... firewall thinks it's web stuff :D

F

FragFodder

I'll have to have a look at that, but at the moment I'm getting bounced back when I try sites like IRC.com and MIRC.com

I'll have to go on a surf and find a less well know location for download :) (either that or get it from home)

FF

G

greendemon

Yep

Clan-MCP are definitely interested in participating in a JK2 League. TDM/CTY/CTF all cool for us.

As long as the matches don't run on the same day as the RTCW League! lol

I am also happy to help out with Admining Matches.

http://www.clan-mcp.co.uk
irc #mcp

O

old.IG|Keelut

IG clan are interested in a JK2 League, but can you fix the fecking laggy servers please....

We play on gamesdomain more than BW as there servers dont lagg as baddly.... With the lagomoter on, BW servers get big yellow spikes more so when they are busy but they are there all the time.

Z

Zey

league servers wont be like the public ones :)

Problem is every BW server is run off 1 box.... Just w8ing for extra ones. dont ask when ;)

C

CAC

JC are also up for a league or two and im sure one or two of us would be more than willing to help out in any way we can

TFFA/CTF/CTY and duels would be good for us

l_o_b aka [JC]CrazyAssCool-HC::puke:

O

old.Krak3n1

Already there are lots of leagues based for europe.

Clanbase offer : - http://www.clanbase.com

CTF -ladder
TDM -ladder
1v1 -ladder
2v2 -ladder

EJFL offer : - http://www.ejfl.com/

CTF -Cup
CTF -Ladder/League
TDM -Cup
TDM -Ladder/League
No Limits CTF -Cup
Saber Duel -Cup

EJFL is fairly new tho.
There are others around but tho's 2 will be the main ones.
If BW are serous about it then you got to offer atleast both a TDM and CTF Cup or Ladder.

Krak3n

R

Reevey

[TJKUK] are very interested in playing, but depends on game style. 4v4 or 5v5 TDM would be best. Sabers only, with forces on (Jedi Knight level).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom