JK II and JK III Comparison

T

Taymar

Hi guys

I've not posted on this forum before, I'm usually too busy with CS.
I was a big fan of JK II not very good at it but I still enjoyed it, I've just brought JK III played through some of the single player missions and was impressed with it.

Ok to the point of this post, is the multi player on JK III any better than JK II ?
I know they've added a new game mode and made the combat a lot better but JK II suffered from an inbalance in powers and duel mode was a joke tbh. So is it better and should I give it a go ?

D

Damage

of course you should give it a go!

The new gametype siege is a nice game with full of action.

apart from the lightning bug, sabre fight have improved!
Kicking has been disabled (you can kick with the staff tho, but that's different you cant spam it).
In JK3 you have to make sure you attack at the right moment, cos when you swing your sabre you're defence is left open even more than in jk3.. more deathly!

you could join our Weekly Event tomorrow and see what it's like!

R

RSO:Gray

JKA is so gay. worse then the first. with no improvments, i wouldn't pay £30 for it so i will wait till it goes budgit before shelling out cash for it. the game isn't a game its a MOD that they thought they would release as a full game.

D

Damage

I'm 2 drunk reply decent.. I'll get back to you tomorrow..

but I disagree..

F

FragFodder

F00kin hell Damage, this has been a LONG tommorow m8 :p

FF

D

Damage

Originally posted by FragFodder
F00kin hell Damage, this has been a LONG tommorow m8 :p

FF

LOL, I was prolly so drunk I completly forgot about this post the next day ;)

anyways,

JKJA Multiplayer is better than JK2.
When I ask anyone who played JK2 to name one thing they remember.. it will be either DFA-spam or Kick-spam...

Take a map like Raven, not a popular map amount the old JK2 players. I've heard people calling it lamers' Heaven, why this name?
Because it's the ideal place for DFA's small corridors makes it harder to avoid the special. Eventhough a DFA could be seen from far off, you still had a good change to get some kills when there were some players fighting in a corner.

And I don't need any comment that =JCC= always played that map in Leagues, we didnt play that map because of that.

Kicking... before the vulc mod was released a kick would deal 20 hp of damage each time. Little math.. you have100hp, each kick deals 20hp of damage... 5 kicks would be enough to kill someone.. no matter how many shield he has.

When I played my first league I was soo hungry to get a decent frag, I started spamming DFA's / Kicks. You can ask Yoni or FF about it... and I didnt do such things in a normal praccy. The results were TeamKills.
Somehow Falcon was always the one who got TK'ed :p.

Anyways... the Kicks and endless DFA's ruined JK2... In servers you saw people doing one special after the other.. or just grib-kicking people to death..
And Lucarts spend sooo much time making the sabre work correctly... But did the average player used it decent? I'd say no..

A kick could cause a knock-down when you kicked at the right moment. At duelsday I once met a guy who really could time kicks well... once you are on the ground, it's easy to finish you of with a red stance swing. I got creamed because of that. It's class you can time it right (on a T1 connection), but I won't call it skills with the sabre.

Now with JK JA kicking is more the less removed from the game..
You can still kick when you play the staff.. but I wouldnt recommand kick-spamming :p Each time you kick leaves your defence wide open for counter-attacks and the kicks doesnt deal alot of damage.

As for the specials...A special move takes force mana in JKJA.. The benifit of this? No more special spamming... and people have to start relying on their sabre skills (in a Sabre only server)

a for the specials, there alot of new ones and they all take force mana to cast. And using a special at the wrong moment will get you kill for sure.

and than the new gametype.. seige. It's a funny gametype, it's full of action. I've ran a couple seige events with FragFodder now and beside people don't pay much attention to Friendly Fire, the gametype is a good addition to JK JA.

I know some bugs needs to be solved by that doesnt make it a bad game.

F

FragFodder

Amen :p

As for people saying the Damage Scales aren't consistant, I think that's because there're point specific. Try playing with dismemberment enabled and you'll see that alot of those one hit kills where the ones that took your head off :)

FF

K

-KnoX-

FF loves to cut people's arms and heads off don't you m8 :)

T

Taymar

If nothing else this friendly banter has encouraged me to pop along on Sunday afternoon, c ya there.

D

Damage

Originally posted by Taymar
If nothing else this friendly banter has encouraged me to pop along on Sunday afternoon, c ya there.

Great m8! :D Let's have some fun

Till then ;)

F

FragFodder

You're more than welcome m8 :)

If you are having any problems entering the server. Join the JK3 IRC channel (link can be found in this thread http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85460 ) and PM either myself or Damage.

We'll see what we can do for ya but no promises though. Best bet is to get there early as the server fills up like lightning :)

FF

T

Taymar

Thanx to all those that welcomed me to the community event today (Sunday 2nd Nov).

Was great fun, special thanx to Damage and FragFodder.

Users who are viewing this thread