Jimmy Savile died, aged 84.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This might be interesting. Dead people can't be libelled.

Unless they're South African.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
A major part of my childhood Saturday evenings was watching Jim'll Fix It. But who will fix it for you now Jim? RIP :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This might be interesting. Dead people can't be libelled.

Unless they're South African.

I am intrigued. Read through the NBC replies to his death and there are quite a lot that are censored more than I have seen before in a death thread. Although he did a lot of good I am wondering wht all these censored people had to say as there is nothing but good remarks left in his replies.

Always makes me suspicious

Hmmm

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am intrigued. Read through the NBC replies to his death and there are quite a lot that are censored more than I have seen before in a death thread. Although he did a lot of good I am wondering wht all these censored people had to say as there is nothing but good remarks left in his replies.

Always makes me suspicious

Hmmm
Stupid spell check bbc not NBC

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A legend, was a big part of my childhood and I loved Jim'll Fix It. RIP.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't say anything really, doubt many outside the UK know of this in any meaningful manner. Shame for your loss, but seems he had a long and fun life.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
He was definitely a bit odd; I met him on a fun run when I was a kid (probably still have his smiley-face autograph knocking around in a box somewhere) and I got the feeling he loved doing the charity work but didn't actually like kids all that much.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
My first thought was "84? And the rest!" and my second was a vaguely more respectful feeling of sadness. Quality Northern bloke and a character to boot. Not sure how he managed to actually become famous, especially back in the days when you generally needed *some* level of talent to become famous. I'm not sure there'll be the same outpouring of shared grief when Dappy from N-Dubz pops his size-4 Adidas ferret-clogs.

I do wonder what effect Jimmy Saville's passing will have on world prices of gold, shellsuit material and teeth-whitening kits...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
JIM1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom