Jeez way to depress a Scout

S

SFXman

Agh... I couldn't take it anymore, had to stop reading.

S

Sazyasha

Hm, sad story, true one aswell, maybe one should concentrate on the chars that don't use stealth to define a big part of who they are. :( Love my scout tho, will be a tad boring if he tends to pretty much suck, since life is already a pain finding a good group in PVE, only thing to look forward to is rvr :/

S

SFXman

I must agree here aswell. WIth a scout finding a group in PvE is a pain... ESPECIALLY at levels 25-30 when the only groups really are the very rare ones in catacombs (they are empty SO OFTEN) and the ones in Lyoness which are quite hard to find...
Oh well... at least RvR is a blast! Soloing isn't :(

O

old.windforce

<sigh>

Not inviting scouts is stupid!
They rock, also in pvm.

I love groups (at pygmee's fi) with 1 or 2 scouts in it.

New strategy: disband groups that refuse scouts, they are to stupid to play with.

Every group that is divers enough, or has 8 paladins, will work.

Scouts can still solo yellows easily. True they are not the uber characters any more, but still fun to play.

(says hi to geffen)

O

old.Mitsu

I agree it's sad and all but still...
Stealth and long range attack is just too good. I dont mind if they kill our stealth as long as we get something else. Maybe even something to offer a xp group.

This is xping in a group as a scout

you prepare your shot (5.1s to fire, target is in range)
You miss!
You miss!
You hit the hamadryad for 67 dmg! <- w00t
You miss!
You fumble the attack!

After 2 mins of that you just take out your sword and charge - and hit for poo damage with your lowspecced weapon and str.

Just sucks.

S

SFXman

Miss that much? I guess against purples yes... but the point of the scout is to just pull in the group, not get a crit and few normal arrows on the target then have the mob super-glued to him.

O

old.Mitsu

Well no I dont usually miss that much :) But the point is we do more dmg in melee than with our bow in a 8 ppl group. I think that's a bit weird.

G

Gef

/wave to Sloerie .. I knew I could count on you Sloe ;)

The thing about missing shots when firing into melee will be adressed next patch. Then we should get the same hit ratio as tanks/mages etc.

O

old.Jeriraa

I can live with all those Archer nerfs exept for one: SEE HIDDEN

This destroys the purpose of our class.

Advantages wich the Infiltrator/Nightshade/Shadowblade has now:
*Detect Hidden - Good thing for them / no problem for me.
*Climb Wall - They can scout inside Keeps. Ok for me.
*Safe Fall - They need that to get out of the Keeps I guess. No prob.

What do we have?
*Speed Buff - You use it pretty much, don't you? What lvl would you be now without it?

=> Conclusion: They are far better scouts than we are.

What do they get?
*see hidden - Enables even a lvl1 to see a stealthed lvl50 archer from miles away. WTF???

What do we get?
*Longshot/Volley - We have to buy them! They can spend their points on other advantages while we have to buy what we should have gotten for free ages ago.

=> Conclusion: Make your own!

I'm a hunter and can't hunt... with the comming patches I can't even scout anymore. Why have I spend all these hours and my chash? I hardly can get groups and soon I will be useless in RvR.

LET'S STOP THEM! ARCHERS OFF ALL SERVERS UNITE AND MAKE A PETITION AGAINST "SEE HIDDEN"

If there is any response to my idea of a petition I will launch a website. Let me know what you think!

O

old.Tyraette

Count me in, scouts are the only class I want to play...have tried most of the others, but the whole scout thing is right up my street.

At present, a scout is:

A caster with 1 spell with less dmg, longer cast time, higher 'resist' <read miss> , no spell effect prettiness, no charm spells with which to entice members of our realm to invite us into groups, and a skilltree that enticed us with its usefullness, then was rendered useless, leaving us all mewling like newborn kittens without a teat to suckle on. However, as an added bonus we can survive 2 hits as opposed to 1, which we should all be grateful for:eek6:

If its any consolation <and please don't try and disprove me as im already teetering on the edge> it cant possibly get any worse

Caessa lvl 3x scout drowning in her own tears of ineptitude.
Tyraette lvl 6 inf plotting to avenge her big sisters fall-from-grace

G

Gef

You forget that Scouts have stealth and a much larger range than a caster. But these are things that are only helpful in RvR, your right about groups though It can be hell trying to get one sometimes. But I have to say when you do finally get into a group you know it will be a decent one.

W

Wicoa

I too only want to play scout, nothing else interests me.

I might have to think about changing to a different char tho, things do not bode well for em. Its a damn shame scouts could do a wonderful role esp in rvr.

Mythic when Shadowbane comes out you are scccrrrreeeewwwweeeedddddd.

G

Gef

I dont reckon shadowbane looks that great tbh, but i'm deff getting cheesed with DAoC as it stands.

W

Wicoa

Ok I have had a think and this is what I have come up with.

Don't be depressed about the scout, I am gonna play mine to 50 and beyond and this is why.

The guy who made his scout in the link you provided should not have taken stealth to 50. Stealth for a scout bares no skills like it does for an infiltrator so even if we could stay stealthy in the other patches there is no point in wasting spec points. My stealth spec is now at 20 and thats where it is gonna stay, we have plenty of infiltrators to basically infiltrate.

We can however scout ahead using the undergrowth and various pieces of forest as camoflage but not too far ahead. If possible take an infiltrator with you so you can back each other up, scout = artillery, infiltrator = close quarters. Having said that, I am taking my shield to at least 42 which will be extremely effective in bad situations, yes it can only take on one attacker but hey when you get ganked you get ganked.

Without going too far that is what I have to say on the matter. Yes we may get tweaked in not a nice way, however I refuse to imagine the thought that we get gimped. If we play our cards right we can minimise the effect and do our jobs with a little team effort. Which is inherently implied in this game.

Cheers
Wicoa
4X Scout

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Mitsu
Well no I dont usually miss that much :) But the point is we do more dmg in melee than with our bow in a 8 ppl group. I think that's a bit weird.
Umm.... noooo.... sometimes I just shoot the mobs with arrows in a group since I do WAY WAY WAY more damage and I don't even miss that much when hitting a purple.
I also don't think Shadowbane looks that good... it's not like it is going to "revolutionize" the whole MMORPG scene since there are loads of them coming around now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom