Jay Wilson steps down as director

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
About fucking time

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/17/diablo-iiis-jay-wilson-steps-down-as-game-director/

community right now

carlton-dance-gif.gif

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
How sweet of the community. I'll be here when sh*t doesn't change just because he's stepped down :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So the community in effect is celebrating that he's now moved to ruin another project ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So the community in effect is celebrating that he's now moved to ruin another project ;)

but he hasn't? he's moved on but not as a director :p he's moved on to work as not to crack the whip at changes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
but he hasn't? he's moved on but not as a director :p he's moved on to work as not to crack the whip at changes.

That's not mentioned though is it? He's moved to another project. He only stepped down as director of D3.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's not how it works in games ;)

If he's moved, he's moved to a game director(or higher) spot on a different project. It can even be a completely new project and for blizzard D3 is a massive success.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That's not how it works in games ;)

If he's moved, he's moved to a game director(or higher) spot on a different project. It can even be a completely new project and for blizzard D3 is a massive success.

Blizzard could also have shoved him diagonally upwards. With a higher pay but in a position where he basically has no influence what so ever.

Happens all the time with unwanted higher-ups that would be to expensive to fire...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's true, but if blizzard works at all like usual game devs then there's no reason to fire him, or to do anything like that.

Not to mention you usually shift positions out of your own will. Does not work like usual companies.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yes he probably did ask to be "relieved". But i don't think he actually *wanted* to, he probably just felt that didn't have a choice.

Ever since that post on FB he made he's been getting metric tonnes of crap thrown at him very time he's done or said anything.

And hopefully Blizzard took this as a hint and stuffed him away somewhere deep down a cave where he can't do any more harm.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes he probably did ask to be "relieved". But i don't think he actually *wanted* to, he probably just felt that didn't have a choice.

Ever since that post on FB he made he's been getting metric tonnes of crap thrown at him very time he's done or said anything.

And hopefully Blizzard took this as a hint and stuffed him away somewhere deep down a cave where he can't do any more harm.

Aye, the facebook post directed towards David Brevik just pissed off Diablo fans even more, it just showed Jay Wilson's true colours. Hopefully we never hear from Jay Wilson again, smug little fucker doesn't deserve the position he's been in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom