Holiday Jasna Ski Resort in Slovakia - Anyone been?

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
In the process or sorting out a Christmas Ski holiday staying here. Anyone ever been to the Jasna area? Looks decent but a bit of a trek getting there:

Dubai to Vienna, Train to Bratislava, Train to Liptovsky Mikulas, 18Km Taxi to Jasna Resort.

No problem with the accommodation, reports are excellent just unsure what the skiing is like? 3 families, 15 people in total with ages ranging from 14 to 48, novices to off piste skiers.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I double checked, there is a north/south split, but it's still very small.

It has around 30km of slopes ( claims 45k including both parts ), medium size resorts I'd consider acceptable in europe would be 100km minimum.

If it's mostly beginners/group family holiday then it'll probably be fine, if there are actually skiiers there who are beyond intermediate, they will probably be bored pretty rapidly. ( Or be on the bus to neighbouring resorts :p ).

Last edited:

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
piste-map-jasna-a492.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@48.8917649,19.54934,10z

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah I checked the correct maps, but honestly if like 12/15 people are beginners to low intermediate then 3 people having to suck it up a bit for the sake of a nice family/group holiday, then it's probably a good choice.

If it was 12/15 offpiste skiiers and 3 beginners I'd say go somewhere else :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah I checked the correct maps, but honestly if like 12/15 people are beginners to low intermediate then 3 people having to suck it up a bit for the sake of a nice family/group holiday, then it's probably a good choice.

If it was 12/15 offpiste skiiers and 3 beginners I'd say go somewhere else :)

6 decent skiers, 4 intermediate, rest learning but having lessons at Ski Dubai. Looks like there is plenty for everyone. Was a bit worried about nightlife. Although after two sessions of skiing I'll be happy if I lift a few pints :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom