Japanese Scientists Create Touchable Holograms

Nate

FH is my second home
Is the voice over lady in that a robot?

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
You know that article was published in 2009 right? :)

I can see all those sci-fi holographic controls coming along now.
Star Wars
37-r2-d2-princess-leia-hologram.jpg

Surgery controls (Final Fantasy movie)
final_fantasy_surgury2.jpg

Arm based scanner (Final Fantasy movie)
Final-Fantasy-The-Spirits-Within-84-3.jpg

Mass Effect omni tool
1268422751.jpg

rynnor

Rockhound
Too much ultrasound exposure slowly damages the nerves though so not great for consumer electronics.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
And watching too much 3D TV/Films is not good for the eyes but they now making more 3D than ever before! You will even be able to make 3D films using your mobile phone!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
And watching too much 3D TV/Films is not good for the eyes but they now making more 3D than ever before! You will even be able to make 3D films using your mobile phone!
^ THIS!

I can't watch 3D without taking my glasses off to rub my eyes every 10-15mins or so. I get the effect but I don't enjoy the eye strain.
My wife can't watch 3D for more than 5mins before she gets a top of the skull migraine. Something to do with prism correction of her glasses, and her glasses being 6 dioptres strong.

It's not recommended taking children to 3D movies because their eyes are still developing. Straining them at an early age could cause problems later in life. So how come most 3D movies these days are kids films?

Film studios LOVE 3D because it gives them excuse to bump ticket prices and reduce film piracy. Watch them try to incorporate this tactile technology into their films next!

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I daresay the new lenticular sheet TV's will be perfected and become cheaper over the next two years or so - so I daresay mass market glasses free TV is just around the corner. I had a look at Toshiba's 65inch set recently using this tech - it wasn't perfect, but it certainly wasn't bad either.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Holodecks will the be the end of humanity, does noone watchn Futurama?!

Think of the Monroebots!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Holodecks will the be the end of humanity, does noone watchn Futurama?!

Think of the Monroebots!

If I had a holodeck I think I'd starve to death in there, or have a heart attack brought on by too much physical exertion.....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can't watch 3D without taking my glasses off to rub my eyes every 10-15mins or so. I get the effect but I don't enjoy the eye strain.
My wife can't watch 3D for more than 5mins before she gets a top of the skull migraine. Something to do with prism correction of her glasses, and her glasses being 6 dioptres strong.

You guys need to buy some new eyes tbfh. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom