Japanese kick ass!

F

Faeldawn

Was wandering around Horototo (sp?) Ruins just now trying to finish a quest and a Japanese group found me, after a broken conversation they agree'd to help me find the door i was after (meant gettin past baloons n stuff).

Now i dont know much about grouping, but these guys were ripping through mobs like there was no tomorrow, they weren't especially high lvl and saw almost all of em lvl up before i got to the door. It was messmerising, they were literally ploughing a path through the catacombs, mages never got hit once that i saw.

I dont know much about grouping as i say, but these guys seemed to have it working like clockwork, constant fighting, never resting, chain pulling and always moving foreward.

Most impressive thing i have ever seen in any mmorpg to date.

J

Jaxal

how did their mages keep casting? they need to rest at some point, there is no refresh in low lvls o_O

C

Cush

Originally posted by Jaxal
how did their mages keep casting? they need to rest at some point, there is no refresh in low lvls o_O

Just sit down and rest at as often you can. Dont stand up instantly when someone get hit. If you have to get up and spam heals after the first hit you are killing to hard mobs. Helps even more if you are 2 whm in the group. Then take turns sitting down. While one heal the other rest. That way you can go for a way longer time unless the mobs get to hard and both has to join in.

By doing it like this ive been able to pull without a break for ~1h. And then i mean no break at all(when mob is about to die the designated puller runs off and get a new mob so its there by the time the first one dies). Youll get ~50 exp each mob like this and by not having any downtime the exp will add up nicley in the end of the day.

N

-Nxs-

Weve been raking through the higher level mobs at around L25-30, using two healers one is resting pretty much all the time and the other is casting - taking on tough,even match mobs, no downtime at all constant exp comming in

K

Khalen

As a PvEer and someone who loves FF this game is pretty darn cool :) I can't wait till I group up with my former daoc buddies on Seraph. Been exporing and lvling a bit and get the hang of the combat a bit. Only played for 3 hours yesterday (after downloading for 6 hours for those updates) but I gotta say the movies rock, give reallly good atmosphere and the controls ain't that bad, just gotta get used to it after Daoc.

So much to explore and do still it's quite cool and good thing, the maps are already ingame ;)

C

Cush

Originally posted by Khalen
So much to explore and do still it's quite cool and good thing, the maps are already ingame ;)

You only get the map for you home area. The others you have to buy/find to be able to see ;)

K

Khalen

Seee so many stuff I don't know yet :) it's cool :)

W

Whisperess

Drink some pine-apple juice :)

J

Jaxal

Originally posted by Cush
Just sit down and rest at as often you can. Dont stand up instantly when someone get hit. If you have to get up and spam heals after the first hit you are killing to hard mobs. Helps even more if you are 2 whm in the group. Then take turns sitting down. While one heal the other rest. That way you can go for a way longer time unless the mobs get to hard and both has to join in.

By doing it like this ive been able to pull without a break for ~1h. And then i mean no break at all(when mob is about to die the designated puller runs off and get a new mob so its there by the time the first one dies). Youll get ~50 exp each mob like this and by not having any downtime the exp will add up nicley in the end of the day.

read the actuall first post

Originally posted by Faeldawn
I dont know much about grouping as i say, but these guys seemed to have it working like clockwork, constant fighting, never resting, chain pulling and always moving foreward.

could be like whisperess said, but using juice non-stop would get uber expensive, the refresh effect doesnt last long, but those japs probably have tons of gil by now :D

C

Cush

read the actuall first post

You know even tho the group is movnig all the time it dosent realy stop you to sit as much as you can. Theres no reason to run around and holding the tanks hands at all time. Rest till you got some mana then you can catch up to them.

W

Whisperess

pine-apple juice for quite a few minutes ( 10? ), cost ~ 200-250 gil each, probably nothing for those who have level 70ies already ;)

C

Cush

Originally posted by Whisperess
pine-apple juice for quite a few minutes ( 10? ), cost ~ 200-250 gil each, probably nothing for those who have level 70ies already ;)

Shouldn't be. took a look in Jeanu on the whm spells. The last Raise III spell had been sold for 10,000,000 gil

S

Sparda_soul

there also potions, ethers, elixers ect all heal mp / hp pools

S

Sharma

Japanese are the most friendliest bunch of people ive ever met. :)

O

old.Dillinja

Really?! All I ever seem to get out of them is "no english;;". :p

S

Sharma

heh was grouped with about 3 last night, spoke perfect english. :)

And understood my "Norven" english slang, which was good. :D

B

BlitheringIdiot

Only spoken to one person on the server who didnt speak english, and he got his friend to PM me to explain.

Its odd how, regardless of nationality, this game seems to have a big flashing light saying 'no twats' and as such the community is ace.

O

old.Dillinja

Yeah, the community does seem pretty good. But I haven't spoken to that many people yet, I could probably count on one hand how many people I have talked to for more than 5 minutes in this game so far.

I've heard that Ramuh is full of the 1337 h4xX02 types though, I could be wrong but it is just what I have heard from other forums. So, as long as we don't go there we probably won't run into too many idiots.

S

Sharma

So far the most 1337 phrase ive heard is "m8" and ive heard it Once.

Finally, i can talk to people without asking for a bloody translation ala DAoC.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Yeah, the community does seem pretty good. But I haven't spoken to that many people yet, I could probably count on one hand how many people I have talked to for more than 5 minutes in this game so far.

I've heard that Ramuh is full of the 1337 h4xX02 types though, I could be wrong but it is just what I have heard from other forums. So, as long as we don't go there we probably won't run into too many idiots.

Ramuh also has a large Kiwi/Australian community, all of who are really gr8 (there ya go Sharma ;)) people.

Lots of nice europeans play there also (players who i kinda know from other games).

Prolly find that one or two players are idiots among a huge community of great players, its just that 2 idiots get more forum time than 200 great players, go figure ;)

Have only met a few people so far (prolly 20 or so) most of em through coincidence (same place, same time, doing same thing for example) and not one nasty person among them :D

P

Petronella

Originally posted by Sharma
So far the most 1337 phrase ive heard is "m8" and ive heard it Once.

Finally, i can talk to people without asking for a bloody translation ala DAoC.

wohoo, I'll join you right away! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom