Food January Blues

russell

FH is my second home
Everyone I speak to is ill or down.

Is it because its January and its rained solidly here for 3 weeks?
Is it because we go to work in the dark and come home in the dark?
Is it because life sucks at the moment in so many ways?

I think its because we all need something to look forward to. Normally this time of year I try to book events and outings through the year to get me through till the summer months. But this year we are skint, so nadda.

Cheer me up by telling me what you are looking forward to this year:)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm off to Marrakech for a week on Monday :D

Got another week in March, not sure where I am going then, but I've saved the money so I will be going somewhere then.

A couple of weeks in the US in the summer. My cousin lives there so she is going to take us on a road trip from Philly to her college in Boston, then a few days in a beach house in Jersey.

Sweeeeet :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just had a 10% pay rise which I was pretty happy with! apart from that not a lot really. Though planning some things in the summer like walking across/camping in Dartmore for a few days, which I am really looking forward to.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

I am moving house to a nice place, really looking forward to that. It's in 10 days!

this year's beginning is scarily awesome: I got a good appraisal with a high bonus. I am doing well at school. moving house, going back to the gym. life is gooooood :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Getting in bed with three ladies.

Hey, a goal is a goal! :p

IOn the topic, my life doesn't seem to suck and the suckiness is rapidly moving towards the netherlands of my existence, so there you go.

If you need money to be happy then you're never happy at all ;)

Plan events that require something between f*ck and all, challenging yourself in the process.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Having been confined to my own home for about 19 months, this year is all about going mental (in a nice sense).

I plan to get drunk often, and enjoy being able to go out with my wife and daughter without worrying about where the nearest toilet is!!

Planning a trip to Canada in August, so if anyone has been to Vancouver before and could shed some light on the what I can look forward to over there that would be swell.

I need to buy my wife a new car, my daughter starts her first school in September and I myself am looking for ways to educate myself further, although there seems to be a serious lack of courses to get trained in Revit MEP!!!!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
£180 to last me three months, no job as i lost it over xmas, 40 CV's handed out around town and numerous jobs applied for online and no phone calls back, dissertation to do at the same time.

So finishing uni i suppose :)

russell

FH is my second home
I am moving house to a nice place, really looking forward to that. It's in 10 days!

this year's beginning is scarily awesome: I got a good appraisal with a high bonus. I am doing well at school. moving house, going back to the gym. life is gooooood :D

Pics -life is definately good. You deserve it dude:D

Having been confined to my own home for about 19 months, this year is all about going mental (in a nice sense).

I plan to get drunk often, and enjoy being able to go out with my wife and daughter without worrying about where the nearest toilet is!!

Planning a trip to Canada in August, so if anyone has been to Vancouver before and could shed some light on the what I can look forward to over there that would be swell.

I need to buy my wife a new car, my daughter starts her first school in September and I myself am looking for ways to educate myself further, although there seems to be a serious lack of courses to get trained in Revit MEP!!!!!
Sounds very positive Calean. Good for you.

£180 to last me three months, no job as i lost it over xmas, 40 CV's handed out around town and numerous jobs applied for online and no phone calls back, dissertation to do at the same time.

So finishing uni i suppose :)

Keep at it. You luck will change soon and it will pay off :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
My jan has been fine. Not depressed in the slightest. Work has been good, personal stuff good, family good. You lot are ***** though, so any negativeness is purely down to FH and in particular deebs.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think it's mainly due to the fact you guys don't eat my awesome sausages. They won an award and everything!

Nate

FH is my second home
More fool you then, I have hundreds of people come in the shop telling me how they enjoyed it every week! The old ladies really like it

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You should pride yourself on that fact. Then go shower your horridly disgusting self :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Food as a thread tag title? Interesting....

January's generally aren't too bad for me normally, although this year I'm a bit more active and have more stuff on the go - sorting out paperwork for next flat, playing 11-a-side regularly, getting back to the gym now my weird fainting issue seems to have disappeared.

I struggle more as summer is impending and as Christmas is impending, they're my down times (typically).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It's because the tax return deadline is 31 January and I'm having to work every day and every evening, whilst still recovering from my appendectomy and infection last year. Now the cat is adding insult to injury and biting me whilst typing :(

February soon :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Stinking rotten cold all month (not helped by the nipper starting creche and bringing back a variety of plagues to the house). On the plus side I haven't had a ciggie since December 23rd.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Problem with January is thinking about the prospect of not having a single bank day 'till late April. Boooooooo hoooooo! :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stinking rotten cold all month (not helped by the nipper starting creche and bringing back a variety of plagues to the house). On the plus side I haven't had a ciggie since December 23rd.

Big Grats matey :)

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have had an awful cold all month. Then a 'minor' operation on my hand which has totally wiped me out. Put my back out overcompensating for said hand so can hardly walk. Keep falling asleep! Awful am so used to being capable of everything and in control.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Turns out I was never sacked just put on unpaid leave but wasn't told, and i've got 100 hours holiday to take before march that i forgot about, things looking up already!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Erm... unpaid leave? Without your permission? If they suspended you for disciplinary reasons that would mean paid suspension. I think you should seriously take them to task here, they are abusing their rights as an employer.

anyhoo, Morocco was freaking awesome Russ, Marrakech itself is too much for more than 2 or 3 days, but the rest of the country is chilled and lovely.

russell

FH is my second home
Erm... unpaid leave? Without your permission? If they suspended you for disciplinary reasons that would mean paid suspension. I think you should seriously take them to task here, they are abusing their rights as an employer.

anyhoo, Morocco was freaking awesome Russ, Marrakech itself is too much for more than 2 or 3 days, but the rest of the country is chilled and lovely.

Wow -Ch3t -wish I was you at the moment -awesome adventures you are having -any pics?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
pics are up on the book of face, around 300 of them in two albums. Really should edit out the bad ones.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

It states in my contract that employees can be put on unpaid leave if there is a lack of work. Or something along those lines.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Woo got my stitches out! Can use my hand, well sort of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom