James Webb Space Telescope

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Come on White House ffs.

FXarG0HXwAEr4Lx.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's not just that - Hubble took about 2 weeks to image that part of the sky. JWST took 12.5 hours. Here's the Hubble version:

FXa3g6PXwAEJIrN.png

Just look how much more you can see of the more distant (red-shifted) galaxies further away:

9uyhwijeo0b91.gif

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Image fun. This telescope has a lifespan of at least five years. And these are just a few weeks of images.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Artemis 1 hopefully today on it's way to the Moon. This isn't a manned mission, it's a test, but if all goes well the next one (in 18 months to 2 years) will see man orbit the Moon once more. The craft uses old bits of Shuttle technology. Future missions will use the Human Landing System, which will likely be Starship, from SpaceX.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
On a related note the stupidity and ignorance of some Twitter commentators on footage like the above is astonishing. "Why can't you see the stars", "Why isn't it hitting anything", "My Nest camera is better", "Why is it 720p"

Dickheads.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
On a related note the stupidity and ignorance of some Twitter commentators on footage like the above is astonishing. "Why can't you see the stars", "Why isn't it hitting anything", "My Nest camera is better", "Why is it 720p"

Dickheads.

Haha, you think the moon landings were real?

Nerd.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Falcon Heavy launch tomorrow night about 11pm:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Request of our customer they'll be cutting the feed? What they sticking up there?! :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Nah its cool. If *we* find something its probably gonna be some microbe, at best a lichen, in most likelihoods. If something finds *us*, e.g. an efficiently interstellar capable species observes our planet, there is literally nothing we have that they would want. We won't even know. You can keep watching the films in your living room :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Nah its cool. If *we* find something its probably gonna be some microbe, at best a lichen, in most likelihoods. If something finds *us*, e.g. an efficiently interstellar capable species observes our planet, there is literally nothing we have that they would want. We won't even know. You can keep watching the films in your living room :)
Surely we could offer them @Wij for scientific research??? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom