Jade Empire

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Just picked Jade Empire up, seems good. IGN gave it 9.9 out of 10; maybe a bit too kind. Not played it for long so im sure it will get better but it seems there is far too much dialouge and cutsceneage so far. Im sure and hope the action will kick in when the story has been given a foundation.

Its also very hard on the default diff setting :) cant fault it for that tho.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I find it pretty simple on the default setting - I would say there is a bit too much dialog, can get quite dull at times. It is a fab game though.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
was thinking of getting this today, bloke on the counter was suprised that i never heard of jade empire at all, all i know that its an rpg so how long is the compleation time? if its like over 20hours then its not for me

CurryKnight

Fledgling Freddie
Its growing on me now. got a hand of the fighting (im used to button mashing) :) quite enjoying it now.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yaka - it's basically Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic but set in olden days china. Funky kung fu and magic is what it's all about. The key difference is the fighting is real time as opposed to turn based. Still got rpg elements with respect to leveling up fighting/magic styles but you use them in a real time fight environment. Very cool. If you liked the KotOR games you'll love this.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I like it, but the graphics seem to have been down-graded compared to the KotoR games. IT might just be my new high-definition TV showing up jaggies more but it certainly looks as if it is running on a low resolution or something. I might just be imagining that though..

Other than that, from what I've played it seems very good. Disappointed that my character isn't looking demonic after I've made him evil but I guess they didn't want to make it exactly the same as KotoR.

Hoping the story will pick up, seems kind of dull atm when compared to the KotoR stories. A lot of the dialogue seems kind of pointless, each npc seems to repeat stuff about spirits/ghosts, dragons/gods that you heard from a different person 5 minutes before.

Combat is fine, very hack 'n slash but it suits the game imo. Also, Transforming into a giant toad and smashing people around is very fun !

Anyway, I like the game. 9.9 = lol, but still it's a very good game and you should buy it if you like RPGs.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Only jus started playing, played for about 2hrs, kept having family come in to talk to me, so I've missed half the plot do far, so I may restart the game. It is very KOTOR in many ways, which is good but I wish they could have done things on a PC RPG scale lasting 50hrs at least, only prob with console RPGS execpt morrowind, the games are far to short.

The story does look very involving im tryin to read everything and talk to everyone, takin my time through the game, combat seems a bit easy though on the default setting so I may turn it up.

Won't be able to play it again till Saturday night now which is a pain, but may make me enjoy it more.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The graphics aren't amazing - but in some parts they really do look rather nice. Plus, I don't know if you've noticed but it's one of the *very* few games that occassionally runs at about 60fps as opposed to 30.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Given what happened with both KotORs I'd imagine it will do eventually, though I've not heard anything to suggest that.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
20050427.jpg

heheh

Will

/bin/su
I got this game on Wednesday...very impressed with it so far, though I'm a bit undecided about which styles to concentrate on when I level up. I'll just play it by ear this time round, I guess.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
I got this game on Wednesday...very impressed with it so far, though I'm a bit undecided about which styles to concentrate on when I level up. I'll just play it by ear this time round, I guess.
Lightning style (whatever it's called - the one that shocks it's victims), a weapon style and Legendary Strike* ftw :)

*And/or thousand cuts.

Will

/bin/su
Yeah, I took Legendary Strike because its just cooler than Thousand Cuts. I've gone for the Staff as I like the longer reach, and I've yet to get the Lightning Style.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh I think thousand cuts is cooler - more Bwucey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom