ive noticed a pattern

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the high realm rank stealthers seem to pick on the low realm rank players which is fair enough. However they seem to also complain / whine when they get duoed or trioed into the floor.

Just wondering why not attack other high realm rankers ?

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
i just go for what is there tbh and most high rr stealthers i see are in a duo/trio.

A

Aoln

From my point of view playing a high rr stealther on prydwen, i've played with and against mostly the same people for 2.5years, and during that time we've built up a relationship which resulted in a sort of alliance between us.

Awarkle said:
Most of the high realm rank stealthers seem to pick on the low realm rank players which is fair enough. However they seem to also complain / whine when they get duoed or trioed into the floor.

Okey, lets go with ur way then. Say noone complaints about adding etc.
So I killed by 3x rr3 Sb on my minstrel. Then ill bring 2x rr7+ infils, now we are 3v3 and i know we will win, so u bring 6 mates this time - Now u will win. But, but... but... now ill bring 8 mates b/c i had it, so now we looking at 1 minstrel, 6 infils and 1 scout with mos5 all rr7+.
Now wtf u gonna do, ur low rr sb zerg wont cut it - conlusion the low rrs will die over n over n over again and the high rrs wont get fun exciting fights since they r forced to answer u by the same nummbers. Thats the story. :m00:

Then some wise guy will proberly say that it is our own fault etc sure could be.
But as I see it mythic made the game to big but with no long routes to camp for stealthers i.e DL-Emain, Odins APK to Odin Amg or for that matter Svasud - Odins. They took away the travel and the "go to jail" aspect ( stand on pad for 10 mins b4 next port ) of the game.
The situation is = Port DC/BENO/BLEED make fg OR walk with the other 12381297 "SOLOERS" ( read: chicken zergers ) and since no stealther camping there will get any solo fights they grp to fight off other stealth adders since there is no other valid areas to camp. This grouping will piss off the "chicken zergers" and will piss off the odd setalther actual soloing since they will get so added on. If there was real routes to walk then th chicken zergers would be scattered out and wouldnt be walking 4 mercs 2 sorc 1 caba clustered making it a none valid hit for 1 stealther or for even 3.
As i see it its a complex and major error from the RvR desginers and imo they broke the RvR for alot of ppl.

Tbh nothing to do about this but take the RvR camping to the milegates that way ppl will be more spread out, but doing this is ofc harde then it sounds since it is human nature to do it the easy and short way.
Scenario: You die, /release then u buff up ( still RS ) port, buy BP gems then recharge ur shit... run to baot or just go back to agramon ( resist buffed and still RS ) this took u 3-4 minsutes to do. On a 2k pop server the traffic on the "route" ( the old routes where alot longer and was a good aspec tof the game, "the travel back". ) will be so heavy that it would surprise me if there wasn't 5-10 ppl / 1 min it that passed it closely followed by the next 5-10 ppl within clip range of the 1st cluster of ppl.
How will any stealther pick a target, kill it and get away when casters 3 s nuke u @ 1500+ range. Other adding stealthers or FG contacts.

If the routes was longer this wouldn't occur since the cluster of ppl would be more scattered out since some will move at base spd, some at spd 5 and others at spd3 and some have access to chants/spells that enhance thier sprinting ability.

---

Discuss!

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Aoln said:
From my point of view playing a high rr stealther on prydwen, i've played with and against mostly the same people for 2.5years, and during that time we've built up a relationship which resulted in a sort of alliance between us.

aye same here ..
there are a few mid/hib stealthers who I simple don't attack and they leave me alone aswell so if I attack them its cus they asked for a nice duel :p
this has nothing to do with "rps" tbh

Awarkle said:
and i'm pretty sure that we do attack high rr stealthers u just don't notice it prolly :p

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
My Ranger is Brehon, non toaed/no ml's and has gimped spellcrafted Armor. The last thing i would do with him is soloing. :p

Atleast not at this Rank and without any Toa stuff at all!

And High RR People killing lower Realmranks is ok. Easy Rps! Their own fault if they solo. ^^

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
aye same here ..
there are a few mid/hib stealthers who I simple don't attack and they leave me alone aswell so if I attack them its cus they asked for a nice duel :p
this has nothing to do with "rps" tbh

Lemme duel you with my ranja after i get few realm levels! :p

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:

tbh i take on anything that comes in the way :D caster, tanks, skalds , duo, fg ( still havent won again a fg :p ) always fun to have a challenge :D and yes i do go sometimes wankers on TS but i aint making posts i headstl0ng and try again :D

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing new. High RR stealthers all want addfree fights, but they forget that the poor RR2-3 they killed 3 times in a row want revenge and when he see you fighting someone else he adds to kill you. you reap what you sow. :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
well have only seen 2 high RR stealthers since cluster so hard to only fight them. And one of those 2 was hugging with 4 other hibs

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:

some notable exceptions ofc :)

But thats totally true, for example im more likely to help snornig kill someone (if hes struggling) than to fight him 1v1 :p

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:

Heh.. so let's say.. RR6 vs RR10 stealtherfight is just as fair as 2-3 lowbies vs RR10? Gr8 logix.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Dreami said:
Heh.. so let's say.. RR6 vs RR10 stealtherfight is just as fair as 2-3 lowbies vs RR10? Gr8 logix.

actually i would say that fighting 2-3 brehon NS at once with my inf is about as hard a fight as a rr10 SB/NS. In fact i would say im more likely to die to the rr10 than the 2-3.

Mind u i see more rr7+ grped (mostly pain though)

illu

Part of the furniture
I quite like 1on1's vs high RR's, no matter what class, and I like 2 or 3on1's vs middle range RR people as long as AE Mezz is up :> The panic is the fun, over and over in your head - AE Mezz - Do I need to use battler? - Swap weapon - Should I poisonspike? Am I far away enough not to break the mezz? - Swap weapon - Frosty Gaze - Run through and use back styles - drop poisonspike as others are coming out of mezz - etc etc

But for all the planning - you get killed after the first person, because you didn't see the 7 archers up the hill or further along the bridge - shooting you like a pincushion for their 200 RPs :>

It's all good fun, if you are a glutton for punishment :)

Oli - Illu

[FC]Maramar said:
protect the realm by any means.

I'm sure u would say diff if every fg fight u FC guys had u got fg rangers assiting on ur clerics :) then it wuold be lame, and gamebreaknig beheviour and stealthers are adding fucktards etc...or am I comltely off here? :p

Abnormal

Fledgling Freddie
I've had a great time on my low RR infil soloing, doing pretty good, too.. I just like the fact there are high RR's I can fight against ^^

censi

Can't get enough of FH
My view (however arrogent or 1337ist)

I dont value fights with low RR stealthers. Im expected to win. I probably should win, in most circumstances I do win, but more often that not real low RR go down fast without it being much fun for both sides...

If its low RR i would rather 2-3 tbh because I can get pwned or I can maybe nail all of them on a good day with some fotm timers. Its probably balanced (although dont really feel that way when u get outnumbered tbh. circumstantial)

I honesly find the other high RR stealthers dont really care about RP. Because of this they dont feel the need to RVR like complete trigger happy headless chickens. (theres exceptions to the statement, theres nice guys at all RR's)

I cannot say the same of high RR non stealthers tbh. I just see them all day long (from all realms) just basically fooking up fights all day long. (and there some exceptions to this as well, but its a reversal of the norm with visuals which says summin. I dont have something personal against like 90% of the player base (visuals). This statement is just a fact of the game in my experience)

It really isnt about RR though. Something kagato said a long time ago about confidence in your toon is true. The more confidence you get in what your toon can do, the more you just play to test those limits and extend them (and ofc the higher RR the more you can test it)

thats all I enjoy at the moment, fights with other decent stealthers. couldnt give a rats arse about anything else. Getting blasted down by FG's or adds has almost become like water off a ducks back.. (I still think, lol what (a) ****(s) but it makes me smile more now) it is after all just a comp game.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Frozodo said:
tbh i take on anything that comes in the way :D caster, tanks, skalds , duo, fg ( still havent won again a fg :p ) always fun to have a challenge :D and yes i do go sometimes wankers on TS but i aint making posts i headstl0ng and try again :D

A challenge, A fg is called suicide man ! !

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Its very hard atm in the low rr's as a stealther, often get the rr7+'s grouping up in duo's or trios and that "Myrmidon" sign over the top of my infs head basically means free rps....I dont blame em for it tbh, only the same as me ganking the few equal or lower rr stealthers there are out there... but it would be nice, if your in a group of rr7+s to at least solo me down so I have like 1 in a billionth chance of maybe getting your health down to 30%ish....

Most of my rp diet I make off casters, which I dont have too much of a major prob with even if there like 5 rr's ahead of me, guess it all depends on whether MoC's down or not etc....Good rps but bloody hard graft to find these days, other than whorelocks not many casters seem to be without group m8s hanging around ;) but thus is the way of the stealther.

RvR primetime for me has been pretty much 4am bst onwards, when the lame stealth zergs arent around, who'll roll you without a second thought, and then seem to hunt you down to make your life a total misery......But I aint paying your subs so feel free to carry on kicking my ass all over the frontiers with your ubah l33tzor skillzors of 8 vs 1

Vipr

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:
Getting blasted down by FG's or adds has almost become like water off a ducks back.. (I still think, lol what (a) ****(s) but it makes me smile more now) it is after all just a comp game.

Not what you say on teamspeack chief lol :clap:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
My view (however arrogent or 1337ist)

I dont value fights with low RR stealthers. Im expected to win. I probably should win, in most circumstances I do win, but more often that not real low RR go down fast without it being much fun for both sides...

If its low RR i would rather 2-3 tbh because I can get pwned or I can maybe nail all of them on a good day with some fotm timers. Its probably balanced (although dont really feel that way when u get outnumbered tbh. circumstantial)

I honesly find the other high RR stealthers dont really care about RP. Because of this they dont feel the need to RVR like complete trigger happy headless chickens. (theres exceptions to the statement, theres nice guys at all RR's)

I cannot say the same of high RR non stealthers tbh. I just see them all day long (from all realms) just basically fooking up fights all day long. (and there some exceptions to this as well, but its a reversal of the norm with visuals which says summin. I dont have something personal against like 90% of the player base (visuals). This statement is just a fact of the game in my experience)

It really isnt about RR though. Something kagato said a long time ago about confidence in your toon is true. The more confidence you get in what your toon can do, the more you just play to test those limits and extend them (and ofc the higher RR the more you can test it)

thats all I enjoy at the moment, fights with other decent stealthers. couldnt give a rats arse about anything else. Getting blasted down by FG's or adds has almost become like water off a ducks back.. (I still think, lol what (a) ****(s) but it makes me smile more now) it is after all just a comp game.
Agree very much censi on a lot of the points above, still play the ranger much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom