ive been thinking about the 7 free days

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
am i the only person who suspects the free 7 days might really be just because GOA still havent done the accounts management section of the site like mythic has?

we cant login and check which keys are on our account etc like the americans can so maybe goa dont actually have any subscriptions area set up so far and wanted an extra 7 days to sort it all out without delaying the game.

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
one thing for sure, we would never know ! i know I could log on the game without entering my head start code which was funny lol D_D so it is disturbing somehow

Liffster

Fledgling Freddie
Not thought about it tbh, 7 days free play is the easiest way to remedy the compensation issue, and is resonable tho unimaginative. I would have prefered an exclusive ability... Maybe a error code 404 single target snare? snares target for hours, and drains will to live by x amount of points every 3 secs? :)

The 7 free days is a very good deal for those who got 'free' keys imo.

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
one thing for sure, we would never know ! i know I could log on the game without entering my head start code which was funny lol D_D so it is disturbing somehow

yeah i had the same thing, but i only noticed last night.. i entered my code last sunday, finaly got to play monday morning. But ive been playing all week now, and not really checked any emails or anything.. looked at my email inbox lastnight, and ive got 8 emails from goa informing me that my Key code is incorrect and needs validating asap(basically telling me to add correct code so i can play OB)

but ive been playing all week? xD

-Saltz

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Not thought about it tbh, 7 days free play is the easiest way to remedy the compensation issue, and is resonable tho unimaginative. I would have prefered an exclusive ability... Maybe a error code 404 single target snare? snares target for hours, and drains will to live by x amount of points every 3 secs? :)

The 7 free days is a very good deal for those who got 'free' keys imo.
yea dont get me wrong im not complaining about the free week its a nice bonus.

if they would have given a free item instead they could have gave a banner with the words 414 on it :D

Obilios

Fledgling Freddie
yea dont get me wrong im not complaining about the free week its a nice bonus.

if they would have given a free item instead they could have gave a banner with the words 414 on it :D

im afraid the banner with the 414 is too 1337 to be aquired by mere people like us... its overpowerd :kissit:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Amusingly it doesnt apply to anyone who had an open beta code but got pissed off at the mess of their website registrations/etc and gave up on it.

I know a few folks in that situation ;)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Amusingly it doesnt apply to anyone who had an open beta code but got pissed off at the mess of their website registrations/etc and gave up on it.

I know a few folks in that situation ;)
the time seems to be added when you input a headstart code so i can only assume anyone who pre ordered counts as beeing in the beta wether they actually participated or not.
Head Start Collector's Edition period (14/09/2008 to 01/10/2008 included)

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
It would be good if those people with unused open beta codes were able to activate it for a free 7 days trial type thing. Would surely tempt some more of those WoW folk over ;)

Risengrave

Fledgling Freddie
It would be good if those people with unused open beta codes were able to activate it for a free 7 days trial type thing. Would surely tempt some more of those WoW folk over ;)

:ninja:
Let the "WoW People" Stay in WoW, please..... :twak:

Vell

Fledgling Freddie
:ninja:
Let the "WoW People" Stay in WoW, please..... :twak:

Meh, the more of those 10m subsribers that come to WAR the better, in my opinion. More subscribers = more money = better game. In theory, anyways ;)

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Meh, the more of those 10m subsribers that come to WAR the better, in my opinion. More subscribers = more money = better game. In theory, anyways ;)

Sorry, but I'll have to disagree - less people means a closer knit community, and belive me, less of the wow folk equals a better game - no doubt.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
am i the only person who suspects the free 7 days might really be just because GOA still havent done the accounts management section of the site like mythic has?

we cant login and check which keys are on our account etc like the americans can so maybe goa dont actually have any subscriptions area set up so far and wanted an extra 7 days to sort it all out without delaying the game.

Definitely not an impossible thought :)

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
you do know that the number of users in wow is actualy taken from sales not active accounts. every copy of the game and expansion sold counts as a sub and so does every time card they sell. this was brought up months and months ago as population on servers didnt add up but thier numbers were very close to thier sales numbers.

Pheonnexx

Fledgling Freddie
/sigh WoW banging again man people try to hard to be 'cool' these days.:m00:

TBH I am quite pleased with the extra week, extra item coulda been a bit meh and if it was too powerful then a bit meh I would rather have the advantage of skill than some cool item which was given because a company messed up a bit ( we got our cool little trial/open beta and it did its bit by getting something sorted out)

At least now things seem to be working and if that extra week is to help them sort some other things out then fair enough - they arent charging us for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom