ITV Rebrand

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
looks juvenile. And the "I" looks like a "U" with a dot on it. Mind you the current one is pretty fucking dull as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Agree, it is kind of dreadful...though I am not sure it matters?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
shit like everything else about itv except downton abbey (worlds best tv show ever)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Looks bloody awful. Like a child did it.

Makes no difference to me. I never ever watch ITV. Its a complete omnishambles. Crass, celebrity-obsessed, cheap, pre-recorded undiluted dogshit. I don't think ITV have ever heard of the words "documentary" or "educational". Soaps, daytime TV, old movies, and shit game shows. Its the TV equivalent of an unemployed layabout workshy fat lazy mouthbreather. One step on the ladder above Channel 5. And Channel 5 is full of fail.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
ITV should concentrate on paying its freelances rates that rise with inflation, rather than paying agencies to design shit logos.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I think the only thing I watch on ITV is Take Me Out, and that's a true guilty pleasure. Oh, and occasional football when I have no other choice of provider.

opticle

Part of the furniture
So, "rebrand" means "new wanky logo"? ;)

I'd drop the curve on the "i", then it might look Ok. ..actually maybe the excess curve on the "t" too :)

Currently it does look silly. Admittedly with my changes, it'd just be colourful letters spelling ITV, but there's only so much you can do with three letters - and it would be better !

opticle

Part of the furniture
It looks a bit better here.. but I don't understand the logic behind the orange discolouration on the T's curve, nor the pink on the V.. it makes no sense and looks ugly.

itv-pressrelease-screen-rgbfinal151112.jpg

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Sorry Fweddy, add me to the list of folks that are thoroughly unimpressed.

Then again I cant imagine ITV will care for my opinion. I tend to refer to it as scum tv for reasons that should be self explanatory.

I suspect the TdF coverage would account for 90%+ of my ITV viewing this year (the remainder being football or BTCC)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fucking hell that rebrand is rough, who did it? The same mongs that got the Olympic contract I bet.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looks bloody awful. Like a child did it.

Makes no difference to me. I never ever watch ITV. Its a complete omnishambles. Crass, celebrity-obsessed, cheap, pre-recorded undiluted dogshit. I don't think ITV have ever heard of the words "documentary" or "educational". Soaps, daytime TV, old movies, and shit game shows. Its the TV equivalent of an unemployed layabout workshy fat lazy mouthbreather. One step on the ladder above Channel 5. And Channel 5 is full of fail.

They used to make quality like 'World in Action' but fuck knows what has happened in the last 20 years, it is an appaling station 95% of the time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the answer you're all looking for is: who gives a fuck?

They can rebrand all they like. Only the over-50's watches telly through traditional means now anyway - so ITV's going down the pan.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

They can rebrand all they like. Only the over-50's watches telly through traditional means now anyway - so ITV's going down the pan.

It already went down the pan years ago when they started a very radical dumbing down campaign. Lowest common denominator TV these days sadly, it was always going to happen once TV companies started to merge and focus on shareholder payouts though.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Only the over-50's watches telly through traditional means now anyway - so ITV's going down the pan.

Hey do you think this means that they could have realised this and they're going to FUCKING SORT OUT ITV PLAYER THE PIECE OF WORTHLESS SHIT ?

:)

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
TVs shit nowadays, only channel I watch is E4 for the big bang theory, misfits etc.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What's üuv?

Oh it's ITV? Why does the logo look nothing like ITV? Did you pay a graduate for this?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thinking about it, I don't think there is a single program I watch on ITV. I refuse to watch the football on there because it is such an Omnishambles (woot did it!)

The wife still watches Coronation Street but even that isn't every time it is on any more.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

ITV is actually very profitable.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
It already went down the pan years ago when they started a very radical dumbing down campaign. Lowest common denominator TV these days sadly, it was always going to happen once TV companies started to merge and focus on shareholder payouts though.

not just ITV, all telly is shit nowadays, not sure if i was more gullible when i was younger or if it was better back then :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
ITV is actually very profitable.

^This (£327m profit on £2.1bn turnover last year, and up on the previous year). They're also pretty much debt free. Biggest problem is they don't own enough of their own content (for licencing and syndication) and aren't moving fast enough to break their over-reliance on advertising (they need subscription services long term but for that you need content people want to buy/licence, and that's not reruns of the X-Factor and Corrie).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom