iTunes

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I haven't used it for years because I thought it was so crab back then. Now I got a new computer and a brand new 160GB iPod Video and need to all my music on it. It's up to version 9.2.1 or something and my god iTunes is still a PoS! It's slow, it's annoying(why do I have to put all my music through iTunes before it can get on my pod?) and it can never find my iPod. I like iPods but I despise iTunes!

Was really hoping to put all my music on the iPod for my brother before he's shipped off to Afghanistan later today.. Guess I'll just send it to him when it's all done.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i never have a problem with Itunes and i actually find it quicker than other media players for sorting and putting music on mp3 player by a long way. I like the list view than trying to be too fancy with graphics etc

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Just don't use iTunes. It is indeed the biggest PoS you can install on your computer. All of the above + you can't just walk up to someone's computer and plug your iShit in there either. Before you know it it (well you will, but hey) synchronizes and you're fked.
Also all the fking data beeing collected about you is just a joke.

Use Winamp or some other alternative program and make it work the way you want it. Not the way Apple want's it.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Thats down to the user being a pleb and allowing auto syncing

soze

I am a FH squatter
SharePod

Copy music to and from your ipod with out itunes. Ipod just needs to be activated first if its new.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Itunes is indeed shite, the fact it forces you to install quicktime to work properly is even worse. It's not the basic functions I have issue with, it's the bloated software and the slow speed, it's also a big ole data miner.

I am stuck with a 1st gen ipod touch though, so don't have much choice. I believe it's still only supported properly through itunes?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
i never have a problem with Itunes and i actually find it quicker than other media players for sorting and putting music on mp3 player by a long way. I like the list view than trying to be too fancy with graphics etc

Agree.
A lot of people think its slow, I've never had any problems with it.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
simple solution,
Do as I do and simply dont buy apple!
No Ipods, no Macs, no Iphones, no Ipads

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've never bought Apple Olga, I do however have an ipod touch and an ipod nano, both of which were free.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Itunes is indeed shite, the fact it forces you to install quicktime to work properly is even worse. It's not the basic functions I have issue with, it's the bloated software and the slow speed, it's also a big ole data miner.

I am stuck with a 1st gen ipod touch though, so don't have much choice. I believe it's still only supported properly through itunes?

Does SharePod support my iPhone / iTouch?
Yes! SharePod lets you copy tracks to and from your iPhone/iTouch

So you are not stuck :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Thats down to the user being a pleb and allowing auto syncing

Exactly, It doesn't autosync automatically. I dont have a problem with it either, i load mine and russ's iPod from the 1 iTunes account, it never conflicts

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
yeah, except that won't solve the problem that my brother bought an iPod..

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I don't mind iTunes.

One thing I learned though was to make sure it doesn't store in m4a format. I made sure to change the default file setting to MP3 so that if I want to play the songs on a non-Apple device I don't have any problems with their proprietry formats.

Their various formats can be converted but its painful going through a large collection if you haven't planned in advance. This also applies if shifting off Apple kit and you suddenly find you have a lot of songs to convert.

The other thing I do is make sure most of the Apple services are disabled since they just aren't needed. Although its a bit of fiddling it means I don't have Apple software running or doing stuff when I just don't want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom