iTunes question

X

xane

After high praise for iTunes on another thread, I finally installed it last night and was mightly impressed, apart from when I caught the naughty little bugger trying to access the net (blocked by the firewall, hehehe).

Anyhow, I have all my tunes on a FreeBSD server, accessible by a SAMBA connection, so I directed the iTunes Library to the remote folder and it was okay. But when I add files to the folder they don't seem to appear, I can re-select the folder but it will scan through the whole lot again, is there an easy way to refresh the folder in the Library ?

Also, does anyone know a "bulk ID3 tag" renamer, I had one for Windows 98SE but I've lost it, all my songs are "Artist - Title" format and it'll be nice to set the ID3 tag automatically, if you know what I mean.

S

(Shovel)

iTunes will do bulk ID3 reformatting. If you select all the relevant tracks, rick click and choose "Info" you can replace entire fields.

One thing that immensely pisses me off is that it doesn't let you define how to name your files - which within the media library is not an issue, but if you ever loose a file... Worse still, it actually tries to rename your existing files unless you uncheck the "Keep iTunes music folder organised" Check box under Preferences-> Advanced. It's a pain is that one.

Users who are viewing this thread