Itunes is such a pile of fuckin shit!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ipods are such a piece of fuckin shit!

Itunes is such a piece of fuckin shit!

Nothing works - it keeps crashing - everything is in wma format and takes 100 years to convert to mp3 format - syncing takes fuckin ages.

>.>

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
FURY!

Is there any way to operate an Ipod without fuckin Itunes?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Works like a charm for me personally, never any errors or troubles with converting (if you have the right tools)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Well on my mums computer - slightly outdated but still - we have to fuckin take out a usb slot just as we're syncing - else wise it crashes. What kind of fuckin design is tht xd

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Well on my mums computer - slightly outdated but still - we have to fuckin take out a usb slot just as we're syncing - else wise it crashes. What kind of fuckin design is tht xd
Then something is wrong with the software compability perhaps? The only problem i experience is if i reboot numerous times with the Ipod docked in the USB, it tries to boot from the Ipod and thus fails.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
We don't have a docking station.

There was no software given; the instructions plain sucked: 'download itunes and follow instructions' and the syncing is abysmal.

The support on the website wasn't much use either.

Ahh well - what can you do eh...

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
FURY!

Is there any way to operate an Ipod without fuckin Itunes?

I know there are several solutions if youre running linux at least. So possible that theres also solutions for windows.

Amarok together with a couple of other packages can operate an ipod in linux - and i heard Amarok 2 is ported to windows now - at least it can run and play music, but i dont know much else.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Oh dear... the iPod hype...

Use Archos ffs! No problems.. no syncing.. no extra software.. no nothing. It´s a completely functional external hdd.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Oh I love iTunes hehe =) To get round the WMA slowness issues, you should just convert your whole music library to AAC (iTunes does it for you when you choose to import music). I've ran iTunes on various machines and I've never had an issue.

The thing is, iTunes can get very resource hungry when you start it up. Its best to give it a min when you open it up before you do anything.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Oh dear.

I'm gonna sit here and wait for the rabid apple fanboys to start foaming at the mouth and talking their usual hip-person lifestyle shite.

*waits*

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i'm no fan of apple, but i do have an iphone. its fantastic. i just wish it was less restrictive

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I've had one of the 3rd gen touchwheel ipods for about 10yrs now and its still reliable so Im not going to knock em, although I know some of the more recent models havent been as robust.

iTunes is a bit crap though

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I've always used i-Tunes from when i started to buy stuff on download. I tried the others at the time and just found i-Tunes the simplest to use. Been using it for about 5 years, but only just got a i-Pod this year.

Its been fine from the start, i'm not trying to big up apple, i couldn't give a toss either way what people think of them, its just its the one i have always used and got on with, so as they say, if it ain't broke, dont fix it

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
itunes = total wank.

Well Bugz, you'll just have to get that economics degree, take over the business world, buy the company and dismantle all of them slowly with a James Bond bad guy maniacal laugh. ;)

Roalith

Can't get enough of FH
Bought an Iphone in November 2007 (first gen) - was the only handset around at the time which did everything I wanted competently, and the web browsing experience with it really sold it to me. Got it home and decided to give Itunes a go. This involved porting over 30gb or so of mp3s from Winamp, which I'd been using since the early Napster days (1999?), and learning how exactly Itunes worked.

After tinkering with the settings and learning how it handled ID3 tags, stopping tracks from converting/ripping to AAC, changing from the somewhat buggy/laggy Coverflow view, I have to say it's no better or worse than most other media management software out there. As the Apple slogan goes, it "just works". Sure, I've had my problems with it, but for the most part it's been perfectly fine. Wasn't too keen on it reorganising my music file/folder structure, but since I found the 'compilation' id3 tags I'm fine with it.

I've since bought the girlfriend a 120gb ipod classic, stuck her 15gb or so of mp3s on there, converted and added a few videos, added a few games... and likewise, she's been perfectly fine with a laptop even lower specced than my current desktop machine.

Sparx: Unlock it, you won't look back. Been playing the original Quake on mine :D

Edit: Just wanted to add, I'm far from an Apple fanboy. I still refuse to touch Desktop/laptop OSX, and prior to getting the Iphone had absolutely nothing to do with Apple technology. I'm not a complete convert, but in most cases: Does what it says on the tin.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Oh dear... the iPod hype...

Use Archos ffs! No problems.. no syncing.. no extra software.. no nothing. It´s a completely functional external hdd.

Agree. Archos is a piece of cake. No problems

soze

I am a FH squatter
I use this on my iShite i hate the thing and i hate i tunes but until another player has the same accessories im stuck. My iShite has a car cradle a desk cradle and it sits on my alarm clock.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Recon there are any Mp3 players with attachable USB memory cards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom