It's so far away...and yet...

Mkilbride

Loyal Freddie
2014 seems to be moving along at a decent pace, and with some filler games coming along(Dark Souls 2, Reaper of Souls, ect)

But, come August 2014...Alpha begins and I am in that...and is exciting Usually Alphas / Betas aren't a big deal, because it's an unfinished game and I don't want to ruin my perception of it or whatnot.

Yet with CU, I am very excited about being in the Alpha, more excited than fully retail games out or coming out. I've been part of several Kickstarters before, but none had me as excited and felt as involved as this one did.

Thousands of backers and millions of dollars and MJ still took time to reply to our posts and mails and whatnot. Which is impressive, because those other KS with more money and more backers, and devs that people "loved more" are virtually silent and wait for the money to roll in on their good name alone, with MJ and the rest at CSE played games with us, talked to us on Livestreams, and show as livestreams as they develop game and assets, which I've not really seen before. You feel really involved, unlike most games.

It's another reason Gabe Newell is awesome, he replies to emails you send him, and he's not the type to shy away from people in public and say they're annoying him, they're big shots(You are MJ, you are a big shot regardless of how you feel about that), but they don't gain that "barrier", that makes them unapproachable or seem unfriendly. They still seem like someone you can tell your idea to, and get a honest response, no PR "That's a great idea, we'll look into it", while also there isn't no answer either. They'll respond with counter-arguments and ideas of their own based on your idea and though most likely nothing comes from it in the end, it's great to see developers who have a clear vision, and are willing to discuss ideas outside it, why it won't fit, why it would if this happened, ect.

So Alpha will be exciting times. Internal Testers are lucky, but Alpha is where it's at to me, because that is when it will finally start to look like a game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They're getting there :) that's the important thing. Here's to hoping they hit the Giant Races stretch goal.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
I must say i too am impressed with the way MJ runs things, never before saw such transparency in a game development.

Im not in until Beta1 which should come early 2015 tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom