It's really starting to take the piss.

E

Eggy

MP crafting.

Apparently a 1 in 50 chance - why do I get all the bad luck?

Dardamein just completed an order for 1 set of MP leather gloves. Did it take the average of 50 or under? Did it hell. 233 retries for an MP, costing about 2plat or so - the CHEAPEST item of leather, 2plat? And that's just cost price. He felt so guilty he didn't want to charge me more - are Mythic trying to stop people crafting?

It's not fun, it's not roleplaying, it's not exciting; it's expensive, boring, irritating and completely unfair.

Yes, that was a whine. Yes, I bloody well deserve it.

[Note: previous retries include 273 for a small shield, 126 for a 99% (yes, 99%) mace, 94 for MP plate arms etc etc...]

F

Flimgoblin

welcome to the world of probability..

if it's too expensive - get 99% ;) at least 1/5 is less likely to take 273 attempts.

P

Pin

ah well, bad luck, etc...

maybe you'll get an MP first try next time, and maybe you forget all the times where you got one between 10 and 30 attempts, etc.

But what do you want? Things to come in sequence, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 94, 96, 97, 98, 99, 94, .... and on the 50th attempt... 100... 94, 95, etc. Would this be more enjoyable?

E

Eggy

No, but possibly make it 1 in 25 or something, or take the crafter's skill into account, because it's all a bit silly.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Eggy
No, but possibly make it 1 in 25 or something, or take the crafter's skill into account, because it's all a bit silly.

what would that do? you'll still get runs over 200, 300, etc.

As you said, you had 126 waiting for a 99, which is 1 in 6.

And besides, why on earth would you want a higher chance on MP stuff. Why should the best available be cheap and affordable by all?

S

Sol-

awww poor liddul eggy :fluffle:

btw... did you have to rename wanky? :m00:

E

Eggy

Originally posted by Sol-
awww poor liddul eggy :fluffle:

btw... did you have to rename wanky? :m00:

Yep, got to level 31 before they made me - my previous record was held at 30 by Eggy's last name, Fukwit. They changed it to Wancy and then let me choose, so I went for Frequent Friar....get it?

H

Hit ^_^

got my full set of Mp leather for 3p 999gold

but then again Kurik is skilled in Mp crafting.

D

DeaD GuRu

My guess is that is wasn't tended to be a MP world

If it were so easy to get MP craftings everybody would be running in MP cloth/leather/armour

The problem is that most ppl seem to ignore the fact that a MP armour is a RARE object...

That is the main reason why i won't go on doing MP orders, nor would i be affraid to ask 15/20 platina for an imbued suit .....

Don't like it???? well, see some noobisch tailor that give away MP for free :))) just to get gratitude, i don't need it :)

i have been Legendairy tailor for quite a while, highest con on list is yellow, and still on all low level armour i have only made 2/3 MP pieces for every full outfit i made at 99. Maybee most common players should focus on Maximizinf a 99 qua suit, wich is easely replace, not as expensive and fair enough for the thing they do....wich mostly is ganging in rvr.

Ironheart, leg tailor
Spearhawk 680+ AC'er
Liandro 530+ SC
Nightheart 350+ Alch (made mistake last time)

W

whuzzy

hehe, welcome to the REAL world

Well ... MP is abit special, yes, i'm not a LGM tailor yet (878 atm.), but done a few MP orders for some friends BG infi and another BG Scout, and well ... it can varie alot the price, for example the MP leather set af. 52 costed me to make 740G and the MP Studded set production was 850G, and it was a rather big pain in the ass for some pieces actually, you get like a MP of 25 Tries, you say, YEAH, and then u get a MP in 120 Tries ... you say DOH.

Have a nice day 8O)

Whuzz

A

Addlcove

MP crafting.

Apparently a 1 in 50 chance - why do I get all the bad luck?

Dardamein just completed an order for 1 set of MP leather gloves. Did it take the average of 50 or under?

dude that´s 1 to 50 in 1 try

so try 1 you have a 1/50 chance o getting a Mp

try 2 you still have a 1/50 of getting a mp

try 223 you still have 1/50

and so on

D

Draylor

It's not fun, it's not roleplaying, it's not exciting; it's expensive, boring, irritating and completely unfair.
How do you think the guy that spent a few hours making these for little/no profit feels?

Cheers for reminding me why Ive done virtually no crafting recently ;)

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Khalen
The money is good ;)
Depends on the trade.

I cant see the tailor involved in this case making hellish much on a stack of 99% leather gloves.

And the prices people sell 99s at is constantly falling. Sooner or later crafters will be 99% gear for 1g over merchant sellback.

M

medowind

I was thinking about crafting the other day, in one of my idea spewing mind messes

Why cant they have dropped tools off epic/sidi mobs?

<tool> of the beggar: half’s materials used, items will only be 99% or less,
<tool> of haste: doubles crafting speed,
<tool> of the legend: triples crafting time, doubles materials, but no item made will be less than 99% and 1 in 8 chance for a masterpiece,

I mean crafting is a skill so why cant it be upped like stealth or fire magic?

Also so that the newbi population can benefit from ultimate crafters having things like “never-ending spool of woollen thread” and all other materials to tir 4

I mean you could only use 1 of the tools above at a time so it would hardly be overpowering, not that you can overpower a someone that crafts :p

P

Pin

yup. that would be a great way to get rid of ALL of the crafters on the server.

:rolleyes:

D

Draylor

Originally posted by medowind
I was thinking about crafting the other day, in one of my idea spewing mind messes
As long as you know the ideas are a mess thats fine.

That sort of thing would mean noone without those "tools" could possibly compete on price - so suddenly theres only 1 crafter of each trade per realm. Not good

M

medowind

Pffft fine stick with you ultra slow boring thankless crafting then, it seems you all missed the complete point of my post,

I was just saying why can’t better tools drop that make you craft faster better,

One crafter cannot possibly cater for his entire trade all the time, unless there life is daoc.

T

Tigerius

The way to go would clearly to be for recepies to drop in rare spots, maybe the parts for said recepies too. So that you could be the only crafter able to do a Parrying Dagger or Grand Crowns or so. Spice up crafting wouldn't hurt, but don't meddle into the straight economics of it.

S

SoulFly Amarok

A guildie of mine got his plate leggings done in 380+ retries.

Beat that
:eek:

E

Eggy

Re: Re: It's really starting to take the piss.

Originally posted by Draylor
How do you think the guy that spent a few hours making these for little/no profit feels?

Cheers for reminding me why Ive done virtually no crafting recently ;)

Exactly, it's shit for him, that's why I'm complaining.

E

Eggy

Re: Re: It's really starting to take the piss.

Originally posted by Addlcove
dude that´s 1 to 50 in 1 try

so try 1 you have a 1/50 chance o getting a Mp

try 2 you still have a 1/50 of getting a mp

try 223 you still have 1/50

and so on

Yes, which means if you make 50, with average luck you'll get an MP.

G

greenfingers

sry to hear that Eggy :(

but don't give up !!!

it's just bad luck I guess ...

P

Pin

Re: Re: Re: It's really starting to take the piss.

Yes, which means if you make 50, with average luck you'll get an MP.

actually, not really.

D

Draylor

From another thread, but:
have many a double-figure platinum to burn
at least you can afford your bad luck. Which means crafting is doing its job properly - providing a money sink for those with too much ;)

K

Kurik BHM

yeah... all crafters with capped tradeskill (ie 1165 tailoring) should get 1/10 MP chance ;)

0r1ginally p0st3d by Hit ^_^
got my full set of Mp leather for 3p 999gold

but then again Kurik is skilled in Mp crafting.

my MP leather arms formula is chance of success = skill/skill
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom