It's Patch Day!!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Lmao GM thread zerged, ppl getting skill warmed for Cluster in next weeks :s

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Only at create though. Never after you played it! :) (Though, I don't really see people shrink and grow IRL either.. Whereas with plastic surgery anything is possible with your face!)

If people are young enough they tend to grow, and some old people....

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
Yes, then come fight me at Beno Bridge so I can suck out your RPs :)

Bring it :D

Will be running with Grey Wolves anyway, Warlock Group & Skald 4tw ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
poisono said:
Bring it :D

Will be running with Grey Wolves anyway, Warlock Group & Skald 4tw ;)

oO

Can pwn you all with a shaman + healer :p

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
been stuck at work all day so the waiting hasn't been so bad... but its home time now so lets hope its up and ready for me when i get home :)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Bah

THe path is there alright...

Its a shame its Downloading at 2.5 kbs though... :/

I mean, you would THINK that a company running an online game would have sufficent capacity on the patch servers to accomodate the expected amount of people downloading...

its a joke.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
good plan they should spend a fortune on improving the patch servers that are under high load all of one to two days every few months....

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Urgat said:
THe path is there alright...

Its a shame its Downloading at 2.5 kbs though... :/

I mean, you would THINK that a company running an online game would have sufficent capacity on the patch servers to accomodate the expected amount of people downloading...

its a joke.
do the maths - approx 1000 people downloading a patch total...probably 500+ of them at any one time, plus any other load on ther servers, plus those with two pc's etc etc.Talkign a lotta money...just put up with it like the rest of us...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's not so much a capacity problem as a planning problem, if the patch servers were done first and online for 5 hours before the servers come up there would be alot less congestion when 4pm comes around as a good few thousand players would have already been patched before the rush starts, that would reduce the congestion at primetime greatly. Buying new patch servers makes no sense as they already have plenty ofcpu power and bandwidth but when 10,000+ people all try patch at once there isn't a normal server that or network setup that will cope well with that many people trying to download 44mb at once.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Chilly said:
Dunno where you bought your char mate, but in that "create character" screen you obviously have never used you can select your character's height, YE GODS!

I want to make my chars smaller than they are.

My inconnu is too tall :(

Bankmanager

Fledgling Freddie
Crashing

Hmm, tried to log in 2 chars now - 1 to housing and 1 to the frontier... crashed the PC both times :(

Is it just me?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
cHodAX said:
It's not so much a capacity problem as a planning problem, if the patch servers were done first and online for 5 hours before the servers come up there would be alot less congestion when 4pm comes around as a good few thousand players would have already been patched before the rush starts, that would reduce the congestion at primetime greatly. Buying new patch servers makes no sense as they already have plenty ofcpu power and bandwidth but when 10,000+ people all try patch at once there isn't a normal server that or network setup that will cope well with that many people trying to download 44mb at once.

Would have been nice to have the patch server open at like 3am on the morning of the patch. That way, I can go to sleep and leave it downloading, thus making other people able to download faster etcetc

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
FraGGenstein said:
Cheers Flim...yes that is pretty good hint, but it is 35 damned degrees here, the temperature makes logical thinking hurt my brains.

Anyway, just wanted to make sure, thx for the replies:)

hehe aye was trying not to be too mean but it's about 35 degrees _indoors_ here (stupid glass roof) ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Flimgoblin said:
hehe aye was trying not to be too mean but it's about 35 degrees _indoors_ here (stupid glass roof) ;)

Hehe, you could grow tomato's in there :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:

They did, I had my patches downloaded about 5ish hours before the servers got back up.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Deepflame said:
They did, I had my patches downloaded about 5ish hours before the servers got back up.

That's weird, alot of us were getting an error message saying it couldn't connect (in French).

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
That's weird, alot of us were getting an error message saying it couldn't connect (in French).
Yeah, I heard, one of my friends who lives not far away from me couldn't connect either. Guess I got lucky. :)

popa

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Popa... Just wait until the end of the afternoon please just as he said. No reason to start hammering the patch server now.

well m8 my intention waz put at download before go at work
have too DL english/spanish patch 4 si toa catacombs

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i did some tests with my siphon digit analyser and found out this about the new patch.

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 011111111111111 1

i thought this was nice cause it could have been 22222222222222222 3 222222222222222222 333222 2222

what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom