Its over!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have to say I have been pleasantly suprised by WAR. I haven't played anything since stopping WoW a while back due to the grind, but my beta experience in WAR has been good enough to get me to cough up cash on the game.

Things I like are those already listed... throughout the starter areas up as far as level 9 I have never had to look for quests to gain xp, they have been just dangled in front of me all the way along with, of course, the public quests. I have found myself going back to public quest areas just on other kill missions or quests and more than happy to join in and help others time and time again without any level of boredom. I've also enjoyed the scenarios, and the ability to get on with everything else while in the queue, delay joining if necessary to finish something and still join in is excellent.

Reliability has been fine for me under a new Vista 64 bit installation, although I may need more RAM for easier alt-tabbing and sometimes I had to restart the game when alt-tabbing from full screen mode... windowed mode no problem at all, which has been VERY useful for me when having to keep an eye on the cheese-n-shiners at the same time :kissit::twak::p

Fefner

Can't get enough of FH
pro:

love the PQ, best new input for a game for ages.
RvR - great fun, fast pace loved it.
graphics/gameplay are nice and suitable for the game, im a player who would rather see good gameplay than great graphics.

Cons

For a pvp/rvr game i would of thought the leveling would of been a bit faster, it can sometimes feel like a pve game. More xp for assisting in killing enemies would be nice. As a healer (running solo at the time) i helped alot by healing ppl being hit but had no xp in return for helping in that way.

Some buggy mobs that attacked you but couldnt be attacked, these were mainly in the high elf areas.

Queues can be a bit too long sometimes.

Destruction Tanks - seemed you dirty ones just rolled over us all the time, had no real answer to the tank train but we'll learn :p

WAR is a great game and im pretty sure i'll be wasting many years playing this game.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Destruction Tanks - seemed you dirty ones just rolled over us all the time, had no real answer to the tank train but we'll learn :p

I noticed a lot of people that kept slapping away at tanks most of the time, completely ignoring their healers.

Happily, I was one of those healers :D

Everz

FH is my second home
pros= rvr is very fun/pqs i really like and so far like all the classes i have tried.

cons= graphics aren't up to par in my opinion anyone actually looked at the shadows or lack of?, combat bugs can ruin gameplay especially on PQs where the boss simply won't be attacked.

Class con = Magus is great to look at but the skills leave alot to be desired tbh i expect this class to have a major overhaul in the future.

Bright Wizard blatantly overpowered.

Overall fun game and i am looking forward to getting started.

They were perfect for my system tbh the graphics were, and yup was an awesome class, i was dominating the scenario easily, much like a Fire Wiz.

MinT

Fledgling Freddie
& now 7 free days for the beta problems - not a bad offer really.

Valdur

Fledgling Freddie
After a long list of deceiving released games,I was a bit sceptical about how really good the game is.And I was pleasantly surprised to be in an open beta which is way better than a lot of released games.

Pros...

PQ,RvR,Scenarios,lots and lots of quests,the world is alive,nice voice overs.

Cons...

GOA,some bugs,I won't be able to play HS.

Good job Mythic

Narly

Fledgling Freddie
ppl, still able to play?
When i try to enter, my screen gets stuck when it's trying to reach the servers... Not sure if that's what's supposed to happen....

Failrien

Fledgling Freddie
<snip>As a healer (running solo at the time) i helped alot by healing ppl being hit but had no xp in return for helping in that way.</snip>

Are you sure? In both RvR and PQs, as a Zealot (Solo) Running and gunning heals and debuffs (Harbinger @ 9) netted me both xp and rp/inf regardless of getting +damage or the death blow. I was using scrolling combat text tho and can easily see the +INF +RP +XP rolling off.

16 Hours and R11RR10. I found the levelling curve quite easy.

krispy

Fledgling Freddie
Pros...
Greenskins (sense of humour)
Public quests and scenarios
Guild management tools

Cons...
GOA - lack of reliable feedback through official means
GOA - lack of response to my contact (re my fansite)
GOA - lack of proper account management tools
GOA - use of a poor flash website.

Hmm - so far game is good, publisher is poor. Maybe they will pull their socks up now.

Aada

Part of the furniture
They were perfect for my system tbh the graphics were, and yup was an awesome class, i was dominating the scenario easily, much like a Fire Wiz.

Good for you but i still think they should add options for people who have PC that could run the game with better graphics.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Good for you but i still think they should add options for people who have PC that could run the game with better graphics.

Have you made sure you maxed all the settings? Game looks great on my PC and the shadows are perfect, not just blobs but the actual outline of your character. Remember seeing my IBs shadow with a great axe and was very realistic.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The shadowing on your own character is alright, even a bit of self shadowing going on, but everyone else just gets a blob for a shadow.

I suppose they did tricks like this for big battles to keep performance high, as It wasnt much fun playing a Relic Raid at 8 fps.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I thought they just announced that they are looking into doing just that...?

Aada

Part of the furniture
The shadowing on your own character is alright, even a bit of self shadowing going on, but everyone else just gets a blob for a shadow.

I suppose they did tricks like this for big battles to keep performance high, as It wasnt much fun playing a Relic Raid at 8 fps.

This is what i mean your own character shadow is pretty good but everything else is a black blob lol :p

Trees don't give off shadows either just little things like that.

Yes i have everything turned up :p

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
The UI is already prepared for raids and all, there are best framerate and max quality settings, I'm not really worried. But it should really be possible at least to be able to turn AA and AF on without having to resort to graphic cards utilities ... just that makes a hell of a difference! I'd be happy with higher resolution textures too, but I'm not that picky and as usual game experience upgrade should come first.

Soraellion

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I had hoped for more DAoC and less Guildwars. I'm quite sure that I won't resub after the first month and have already reactivated my EVE accounts.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Personally, I had hoped for more DAoC and less Guildwars. I'm quite sure that I won't resub after the first month and have already reactivated my EVE accounts.

Enjoy whatever you play then.

As for the last day and overall, WAR is the game for me to play in the near future (2-3 years :))
It has much of Daoc, a few new handles which arent to hard to learn and then some.
So im looking forward and my Guild with me :)
The only cons i have are that nearly ALL the early Daoc bugs are present in WAR, like pet pathing, shooting trough walls/ceilings etc.

Avengers will try to play on Karak-Hirn, order side HS and beyond, so if anyone is interested feel free to pm for an guild invite.

Faya

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Enjoyed Scenarios and the fact you can walk out of a quest hub and go direction X for insta open field PvP or direction Y for chilled out PvE.

Magus is pretty bad though. I tried to find redeeming things about this class at low levels but its desperately ineffective at low level RvR mainly due to no meanfully useful instas until lvl9 and a stationary pet that takes time to summon.

its about the same at high lvl's also. i never found a single class in closed beta high lvl testing that actually ran away from me. they just megapwnd me insted no matter what i did.

the magus, as fun as it is on paper. is from my testing horribly innefective at pretty much anything.

and the "turret" pets are just OH so useless. low damage, low survivability and just SCREAMS "AE ME!!!". because thats basically what those pets are, a free AE target that wont run away or pose any threat what so ever, or even add any sort of usable DPS.

just for giggles me and a mate's pets dueled, me on my magus and him on his white lion. and his lion totally humiliated my pet. i dont think his lion even lost any health, even if i used the so called "short range high damage" pet.

Acrisius91

Fledgling Freddie
So I was the only one who had constant lag the whole freaking time no matter what settings I used? =/

Great game though, I'll still buying it. I think it's my RAM messing with me so I'll just double it and hope that fixes everything :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Pros:

Very nice game design overall.
Can do just fine by PvP'ing mostly.
Feels massive with the public quests and two types of RvR.
Everything was new and shiny.
Lots of daft chicken to play against or with.
Trying to compete with WoW.

Cons:

Game partly suffering from same issues DAoC had (ghosting, pathing, geometry errors). Might be an inherent problem with Gamebryo.
Bugs.
Lots of daft chicken to play against or with.
Trying to compete with WoW.
Taste related, but I've found the graphics lacking, also I'm not a fan of the design of some classes (especially Elves).
GOA and their dog in the credits (olol).

Overall a good experience. I intend to buy and play the game.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
this game is so much like DoaC in so many ways apart not have 3 faction : ( so no more mids and hibs grouping up on them dam albs:twak: ..:(
this game will be even better when i find myself a guild but that's down to me i guess:flame:

just hope more ppl talk when it goes live chat was abit dead :p

order all the way... :clap:

play with style or turn it off
:iagree:

So close.. you are mistaking daoc from wow tho. Warhammer = wow.

Pro:
Public quests

cons:
GoA
The utterly copy/paste of wow... down to user interface and "handshaking".
RvR (reminds of wow's rvr)

Wont resub after the month. Playing daoc US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom