it's not shit!

• Thread starter Testin da Cable
  • Start date
T

Testin da Cable

stop looking at it as if it were the Matrix rebooted :eek: Just play it and have some fun scaring aliens!
I am well aware certain things could be better, but the level of bitchyness makes you lot sound liike so many interior decorators heh :p

M

~Mobius~

Yeah, people all point out the flaws but its a decent shooter.

S

Sar

Finished it.

Enjoyed it all the way through tbh. The Flood parts were tiresome at times (if I wanted to play an FPS like that I'd re-install Serious Sam 2 ffs), but overall it was pretty good.

Not spoogeworthy like Edge has always made it out to be (they reckon it's the Second Coming or something, but we all know that's been delayed until April next year), but a bloody good game nonetheless.

:great:

W

Wij

Yes it is good. But so is Serious Sam 2 tbh :)

realismfps4tehloose \o/

M

Mathematix

Hey all!

The game is very good, but retracing your steps back to where you started is a little bit of a mistake on the developer's part. It makes the game feel a little tedious.

Still a worthy purchase none the less. :)

W

Wij

Just got to the Flood bit again. I love it. Shotgun rampage :D

Them exploding spore things are the coolest :)

The only cheesy bit is when you find a Flood with a Rocket Launcher.

S

Sar

Originally posted by Mathematix
Hey all!

The game is very good, but retracing your steps back to where you started is a little bit of a mistake on the developer's part. It makes the game feel a little tedious.

Still a worthy purchase none the less. :)

That was down to time constraints on Bungie apparantly. As was the Flood's lack of an AI beyond "Um, huuuuuman. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllll" etc.

M

Mathematix

Originally posted by Sar
That was down to time constraints on Bungie apparantly. As was the Flood's lack of an AI beyond "Um, huuuuuman. Kiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllll" etc.
You know? That makes sense. :D

T

Taymar

Oh PLEASE !

'This game's very good......yadder yadder blah blah'

Quake, Quake II, Quake III, Unreal Tournament, UT2003, Doom, Doom 2, Aliens vs Predator, AvP2, Serious Sam, Serious Sam 2 .....

In the grand scheme of the genere, it's not that good at all really, is it ? It's in no way ground breaking, the AI is worse than BF1942 on stupid mode, the characters are 'Kidde Console' types and the whole thing smells of being rushed. The only plus I've found with Halo is the update system, which works quite well.

Perhaps as a budget title this would be worth £15 but not the £30 I paid.

S

Sar

Good voice acting, good pacing (well bar most of the Flood), well written script, and polished engine.

Sounds like a good game to me...

W

Wij

It's just fun. Most FPS games I get bored with v quick. Still not bored with Halo.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wij
It's just fun. Most FPS games I get bored with v quick. Still not bored with Halo.

as do I. I'm quite pleased with Halo, even though it sometimes runs like a one-legged dog when multiple badguys are shooting plasma weapons at me. the pace is nice, and the buildup to the first time you meet the flood really gave me the screaming heebie-jeebies with the noises going on about you without being able to see anything. brrr!

P

plightstar

Its a great game, but I kinda read the books before playing it, so I kinda knew what was going to happen. I've got it on the Xbox and my mates got it on the PC generally they feel the same even though it was supposed to come out on the Mac and PC first, until Bungie was bought by Microsoft.

The games just Fun, its not as boring as the Quake series or serious as the Unreal series, at least its got better graphics than HL and the Online play ROCKS!!.

The new book should arrive soon Halo: First Strike and don't forget Halo 2 coming in the New year.

Users who are viewing this thread