its here with a vengence

L

L_Plates

I love winter.

I use to work on the docks starting at 3 in the morning so i suppose im use to the cold.

Anyways i love the feeling of FRESH COLD air when you take a deep breath.

It beats the hell out of a hot polluted exhaust fume infected one :)

M

~Mobius~

Its just TOO cold in the morning, when you've got to walk to college at like 7am. :(

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
Its just TO cold in the morning, when you've got to walk to college at like 7am. :(

I think you mean TOO

D

darthshearer

He did say he was at college :)

Aye its cold :)

F

FatBusinessman

Originally posted by L_Plates
I use to work on the docks starting at 3 in the morning...
<wij>
Hehe. Hehe. Hehehe.
</wij>

F

Fex

We had hail and thunderstorms up here last night, there was forked lightning flying about all over the shop. Oh and while i was looking out my window watching it i saw some poor buggers having there own fireworks night, that soon ended!

W

Will

I forgot to mention that a lightning strike nearby me two days ago knocked out the electrics for 10,000 homes, and (more importantly) knocked off my broadband.

D

Durzel

Worst thing about winter by far is having to get up/leave the house 10 minutes earlier just to clear the windscreen and warm the car up. :(

I'm already late most days as it is :eek:

T

Tom

kettle over the windscreen, and I just start the car and drive off tbh, none of that warming up bollocks. :)

L

L_Plates

does lightning go UP or DOWN ?

I believe it goes from the ground up !

What do you think is correct ?

T

throdgrain

Im with you Tom. My neighbours warm thier car up for ages, fucking pollution everywhere I hate it :(
We have the choke for cold weather.

D

Durzel

Originally posted by Tom
kettle over the windscreen, and I just start the car and drive off tbh, none of that warming up bollocks. :)
I do that most of the time, but apparently if you do it in severe weather you'll crack the windscreen. :eek6:

L

L_Plates

Originally posted by Durzel
I do that most of the time, but apparently if you do it in severe weather you'll crack the windscreen. :eek6:

Indeed it does :(

T

Tom

Only if you use boiling water. Lukewarm water is fine, even ow-ow-hot water is good.

There are lots of urban myths about cars and cold weather.

T

Testin da Cable

I have a love/hate relationship with winter. snow=good. freezing rain slowly making it's way down your back as you try to bike into a 30mph headwind=bad :/

I

Insane

only time i like winter is when my mates are down with the banger in the old quarry car park after a fresh snowfall :)

i hate driving in the snow tho, more chances of either you or someone else giving the bodywork a prang. :( especially when its a surprise snowfall... which seems to happen all the time over here since the DOE cant seem to grit the roads.

D

Durzel

I got aftermarket traction control fitted to my car, and its a godsend in this weather.. although it doesn't obviously stop me sliding sideways into something, nor any other idiot ploughing into the back of me.

C

Cdr

I love winter.

I use to work on the docks starting at 3 in the morning so i suppose im use to the cold.

Anyways i love the feeling of FRESH COLD air when you take a deep breath.

Agreed, I also love winter.

I find it more refreshing than the hot sweaty summer, and the cold is much better than being hot.

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!

D

doh_boy

does lightning go UP or DOWN ?

I believe it goes from the ground up !

What do you think is correct ?

Depends what you mean afaik.

The 'flow of electrons' is upwards which means the conventional current goes downward. (i.e conventional current is the flow from positive to negative.)

Can't be sure though BUT there are loads of cool pictures of objects just before they get struck by lightning. You can see a small trail of light upwards from the object. When this line and a line from the cloud (or whatever is holding the charge) lightning occurs.

D

doh_boy

Also, just to be diferent, the sun is shining brightly through the window and I'm rather hot (on the side facing the window). Blimey sunny salford eh?! :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread