It's green DBs, but not as we know it !

Pro]v[etheus

Fledgling Freddie
I posted this on the QW forum but no replies as yet (im impatient), so sorry for double post.

Help a Quake newb please

Hi guys, I installed Quake 1 then i installed Fuhquake and various other Quake related bits but am having problems:

1. When i open Fuhquake i get a message saying 'W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad'

2. I get the same with QuakeWorld

3. Where do i unzip Creepers to ?

All help greatly appreciated

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Pro]v[etheus said:
I posted this on the QW forum but no replies as yet (im impatient), so sorry for double post.

1. When i open Fuhquake i get a message saying 'W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad'

2. I get the same with QuakeWorld

3. Where do i unzip Creepers to ?

All help greatly appreciated

3. quake\ctf usually

1 & 2. dunno, probably not got the mod .wad files or somin

Pro]v[etheus

Fledgling Freddie
Thnks for your help Zarjazz, i've managed to sort 1 and 2 although Quake is not keeping my k'b config etc

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pro]v[etheus said:
Thnks for your help Zarjazz, i've managed to sort 1 and 2 although Quake is not keeping my k'b config etc
Check if your directory is read only (quake installer did this to mine & I had the same problem which went away after a quick attrib)

Pro]v[etheus

Fledgling Freddie
MYstIC G said:
Check if your directory is read only (quake installer did this to mine & I had the same problem which went away after a quick attrib)
Just checked and there are no attributes set

Apex

Fledgling Freddie
did you get the full .27 install thats about 70 meg then the .30 update along with the security update ?

Will

/bin/su
I'm not getting my config saving either, and I'm totally unable to work out how to change video modes. I'll look at the read only thing later.

And I've got no idea how to add a server IP...I press insert, and nothing seems to happen.

And on single player mode, FuhQuake enemies seem to warp towards me.

I feel like such a noob.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not installing it over my existing QW then. Not ruining my beautiful config :eek:

Pro]v[etheus

Fledgling Freddie
Apex said:
did you get the full .27 install thats about 70 meg then the .30 update along with the security update ?
Hi Apex, yes i installed the .27 then .30 and the security update, although Fuhquake is telling me that it can't find the security module, odd cus it's there.:rolleyes:

Will

/bin/su
Well, I didn't install the .27 version at all.

Weird that it works at all then, but I'll go get it when I'm home. Does that explain my total inability to change video modes then? I get to the screen for it, and I can't move the highlighted resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom