It's gone too far!

O

old.job

When's the last time you shouted at a family member ,girlfriend/boyfriend for interrupting you while playing DAOC, felt not the slightest guilt for doing it and then cursed them as they left the room?
Have you ever been told you play the game too much?
And are you starting to think maybe they're right?

F

Flimgoblin

ouch :( not good mate :(

Then again, have you ever shouted at someone for talking when yer watching telly?

Or when you're busy and trying to do some work?

D

danskmacabre

done all the above examples
My time is MY time....I have made that clear....

So if I shout at someone for barging into my office and interrupting me...then they deserve a chewing out....:)

K

Kagato.

Absolutley, I make it expressley clear to all familier members not to expect any sort of response until convieniant for me in game (i.e not whilst in the middle of a damn Tangler pull) if they disturb me during my game time.

Evenings are my time for camelot, if they want me to do something they should warn me in advance. Problem is non DAOC people don't realise this game is real time and people in groups depend on you giving the game your full attention.

p.s, don't date girls that don't have computers, they get insanely jealous of the game. :mad:

D

[DK]Rawkeer

Looking for girlfriend: Must be a daoc addict, end of requirements :p

T

Tenko

hehe, my fear of divorce is the excuse I give for still being no higher than my mid 30s even though I've been playing since retail.

Some nights I dont even get to play at all and at weekends I'm forced to do things like take the children to the Zoo, shop for food or get dressed :p

The long steady approach to leveling is a perfectly viable alternative especially as I'm not yet prepared to give up sex :p

D

[DK]Rawkeer

Originally posted by Tenko
hehe, my fear of divorce is the excuse I give for still being no higher than my mid 30s even though I've been playing since retail.

Some nights I dont even get to play at all and at weekends I'm forced to do things like take the children to the Zoo, shop for food or get dressed :p

The long steady approach to leveling is a perfectly viable alternative especially as I'm not yet prepared to give up sex :p

Not yet, just wait until they bring in uncut daoc with "Invite to bed" buttons and "Accept/Decline" :p

S

SFXman

Hmm, I have been told I play too little :rolleyes: and it isn't due to too much posting. Pretty much because my holiday ended and each afternoon I try to get the same summer feeling going.

V

Valdamar

LOL

Makes me laugh when family criticise me for spending all evening at the PC playing an "interactive" game when they spend all evening vegetating "passively" in front of a television :D

I'd never shout at any of the family for talking to me while playing DAoC/EQ though . . . although I admit on a few high level EQ raids I have ignored them a bit til they stopped trying to talk to me ;) Pretty much the same response I get from them when Eastenders or Coronation Street is on :)

O

old.Demerzel

p.s, don't date girls that don't have computers, they get insanely jealous of the game.

:D now theres some sane advice for us all.

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by old.Demerzel

:D now theres some sane advice for us all.

So all of sudden im gonna say goodbye to mah woman because of some stupid game ? Guys draw the line between RL and ingame atmosphere, in RL you dont get any second chances <apart from many other things>. When two months ago i had a choice.... to quit DaoC or to give up my relationship.... guess what i chose...

If i was playing these two months i would have had two chars at 50 and have enough RP to gain some RA in next patch.

Draw a line gents draw a line....

Although i cant say i dont miss the game... well i miss the people in the game much more than the game itself.

W

wolvon fury

Some people are diffrant, This game is not a need for me,
I go on my computer at home for about 2 hours a night,

So i don't see how DAoC could effect my relationship,
Maby some people do play a bit to much, but from what i here some message, its like your saying everyone who play's DAoC dosent stop to do anythink else.

Just like to point that out thanks

H

helis

Originally posted by [DK]Rawkeer

Already have a girlfriend : DAoC addict, discusses RvR tactics before going to sleep.

Guess i'm lucky huh?

/helis - your average healer

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by helis

Already have a girlfriend : DAoC addict, discusses RvR tactics before going to sleep.

Guess i'm lucky huh?

/helis - your average healer

Yeah but then she must have loads of free time, my GF works and goes to uni so there you go... then when i even start touching keyboard she gets all upset about it... says i aint paying nuff attention to her persona :) One word : Women !!!! Its like saying that i cant drive my car because i spend more time driving it then my woman ehem..... This has gone offtopic as usual :flame:

D

danskmacabre

There was a period in my current relationship where she had a BIG problem with me spendíng time on the PC.

After a LOT of fights due to that and various other reasons, we eventually had to get counselling.

After all that , I now have a reasonable amount of time a week to myself. by myself, on the PC or whatver doing whatever I want..

It simply came down to, If I couldn't have personal quality time by myself sometime, then I will be inpossible to be with.

I personally need time by myself doing my own thing, and as it turned out my GF needed that also, but didn't know it until later.

Now I have at least 2 evenings a week completely to myself (usually playing DAOC ATM) and she doesn't have a problem with that....
As a result of that, I'm better person to be with and am happy to give her the attention she wants.

A relationship is important of course, and partners should spend time with each other.
But they should spend time apart as well..
The expression "Familiarity breeds contempt" is so true.
B4 we were in our relationship, we were single and had interests as such, In my case I played RPG's and stuff.
Just because I'm in a relationship, doesn't mean that has to stop..
It just needs to be moderated a little.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

My wife is perfect and loves her druid pet :)
She just doesn't like RvR.. *grin*.

Whoever said "opposites attract", was a liar...

O

old.mattshanes

I been playing it so much its making me ill:( ..... but killing mids soon puts me back to normal:)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
I been playing it so much its making me ill:( ..... but killing mids soon puts me back to normal:)

I wonder how Matt would describe his normal state of mind ehem :cool:

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

He compares it with the other patients' in his ward... *cackles*

O

old.job

I had a girlfriend who hated me playin DAOC,
so I finally got her to have a go, I got out the shower a few hours later and she'd made a Magician called Lyragoodtime and was running round blowing kisses to all the male characters!

It could've been worse she could have been doing it with my main character!
That would have taken some explaining to the guild!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.job

It could've been worse she could have been doing it with my main character!
That would have taken some explaining to the guild!

*dies laughing*

C

-chancer-

2 people in our guild male & felmale are now togeather through meeting on daoc lol

always something to tell the grankids

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by [DK]Rawkeer

get me one too, while you're at it ;)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Why dont you guys start a sad sad sad men club :flame:
MON fight the damn addiction, RL over DaoC anyitme.. repeat after me...

H

helis

oh yeah.. RL over DAoC anyday.. hey, i'm only lvl40 and have been playing since day 1. Well.. first 3 months was due to my G/F wanted "her time" at the computer and play her character...

I must say that work has probably been the one who's been suffering from my DAoC.. printing A3 color maps, browsing forums on work time, checking the latest news on all DAoC related info. Coming in late, going early - especially on patch day... ;) (or even turning up that day at all)

I'm just worried about my life when SWG is released, i'm such a star wars geek it's unbelievable.. and quitting DAoC.. i don't know.. i love it.. and playing two MMORPG at the same time.. goodbye RL..

/helis - the friendly healer

S

SilverHood

it is no coincidence that people who rely on computers and drugs are both called "users"

D

Dook_Pug

Real life = Over rated :p

My girlfriend doesn't play but she likes to watch while I play. She usually *tries* to interrupt me while playing though, usually at a crucial moment and then the sparks start to fly...

O

old.mattshanes

I cant help being crazy:) anyway i played for 27 hours non stop once i often play til 4am or so and i WORK:eek6:

S

SilverHood

what do you actually do matt? GOA customer support?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom