It's Finished!

Whipped

Part of the furniture
This is why I should check the the forums in the evenings :)

Congrats Damini. Getting anything finished after a long time working on it is satisfying. Knowing that you'll at least get some cash from al of us buying the first edition must be even more satisfying ;)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you need me to have sex with women as research for your book, bring women to me and I will astound you with my work.

Tilda

Congratulations Damini,
Hope to see it in stores soon :D

Tilda

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
OK well maybe I won't astound you. Or even impress you. But then, they're beside the point of sending women round for me.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Don't women generally avoid you because you're full of aids? :)

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
wow. finally finished!

congratulations!

(hope you're still gonna write short stories though :p )

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
caLLous said:
Don't women generally avoid you because you're full of aids? :)

I don't think so. It doesn't look like I'm filled with AIDS, so I don't think it's that. I certainly don't introduce myself by saying I have AIDS, so either women have a very strong anti-AIDS sense or there's something else awry. Hmm.

*bum trem*

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
*gets aids*

:(

Worth it tbh.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Aww, cheers guys :)

Swift, if I ever managed to persuade the publishers that what my children's book really needs is a sex scene, then you'll be the first person I ask.

For those that don't know, ArrrI'maprrr8man got it pretty much on the head with his picture, except replace the dinosour with a ghost, and the tree with a boy, and the background with a school, and then you're somewhere close to it.

The books meant to be published next summer, so it's a long wait, but I'm sure it's riddled with enough grammatical errors to keep the editors busy until then :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Congratulations Lou.

(I assume my copy will be in the post so I can work on the film :D)

Summo

Loyal Freddie
One thing nobody's asked yet...

What's the book's title?

Sigurd

Banned
I'd have thought that would be obvious... Mein Kampf mit Barrysworld

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's called "Wij - Portrait of a Cereal Eater."

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Damini said:
Aww, cheers guys :) The books meant to be published next summer, so it's a long wait, but I'm sure it's riddled with enough grammatical errors to keep the editors busy until then :)

Where's Kez when you need a grammar nazi ?

Damini

Part of the furniture
It's under the working title of The Invisible Friend, but they want to change it for something a bit more modern, so I'm not sure yet what the book will be called.

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Invisible Friend XP?
Linvisible Friend?
I-nvisible Friend?

Anyway, congratulations Lou, looking forward to it. Are you stressed about the idea that, on the law of averages, many people you know wont like it, including many here? No pressure ;)

Do we get to serialise it here? :fluffle:

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Damini said:
It's under the working title of The Invisible Friend, but they want to change it for something a bit more modern, so I'm not sure yet what the book will be called.
The Teflon Ghost? ;) Teflon's modern, init?

* Bloody hell, I'm starting to talk like a lutonion, gotta get outta here :)

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:

How about Casper The Friendly Ghost....Oh wait somebodies beat you to it :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
I know some people won't like it - hell, you get people saying how much they hate LOTR, so I'm sure I'm bound to have more than just a few people not like it. Infact, I was looking on the BBC website the other day, and I found in the CBeebies section a vote on the original opening section, one voting option being "ITS RUBBISH!" Hah! That's confidence inspiring! It goes with the territory, writing is very subjective, and you can't expect everyone to like it. As long as some people like it, then I'm happy. People also get territorial, like Bob's illustrated - you can't write a ghost book! That's plagurism! It's a bit like telling Peter Benchley he can't write Jaws because Moby Dick is already taking up the entire sea monster genre, but that's the way some people think.

But also, I'm human, and it is a more little nerve racking.

Sigurd

Banned
One question.. how many publishers did you contact before you found one who'd do it?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well done Lou, do let us know when we can buy it. :)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Sigurd said:
One question.. how many publishers did you contact before you found one who'd do it?

One.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
When you have the book signing we can all crash it and then go for a FreddyBeer(TM) afterwards! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom