It's definately getting quieter in here

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
me two, seems to be something missing from WAR cant put my finger on it, i love warhammer, i suppose i am just not enjoying it as much as i thought i would...

b.

I suspect we both perhaps had our hopes set alil bit too high :) I had enormous expectations on the game and awaited it for a long time with anticipation and well, as you say... something is just not there, I cant put my finger on it either but something is missing. Perhaps im getting older and require more than simple bashing of people with simple systems based on GCD etc, perhaps Im bored with the genre, perhaps I wanted a new DAoC that kept me busy for 8 years.. I honestly dont know :) Time will tell I guess.

:drink:

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
I think the game is missing that special thing as well but I dont thinks its entirely my expectations to blame. Think some of it is to do with the size of the game. The epic PvE is none existant, I enjoyed killing a Dragon in DAoC, hell i even enjoyed killing the ToA mobs the first time round. The zones are too small and everyone is forced into the same play style.

Needless to say i've decided not to renew my account until I hear its improved or prehaps not at all. Going to try Darkfall out if it does release in two weeks which, although it doesnt have the best graphics or animation seems to have a very strong base. The graphics can always be upgraded!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I suspect we both perhaps had our hopes set alil bit too high :) I had enormous expectations on the game and awaited it for a long time with anticipation and well, as you say... something is just not there, I cant put my finger on it either but something is missing. Perhaps im getting older and require more than simple bashing of people with simple systems based on GCD etc, perhaps Im bored with the genre, perhaps I wanted a new DAoC that kept me busy for 8 years.. I honestly dont know :) Time will tell I guess.

:drink:

think most ex DAoC'ers were expecting a DAoC 2. me included, but Mythic stated very early on that it would not be that.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I think the game is missing that special thing as well but I dont thinks its entirely my expectations to blame. Think some of it is to do with the size of the game. The epic PvE is none existant, I enjoyed killing a Dragon in DAoC, hell i even enjoyed killing the ToA mobs the first time round. The zones are too small and everyone is forced into the same play style.

no end game pve? you have 4 or 5 lvl 40 dungeons to chose from don't you?

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
no end game pve? you have 4 or 5 lvl 40 dungeons to chose from don't you?

Epic PvE I define as needing a fair amount of people to do such as the DAoC dragons which typically needed 3fgs. I dont want it to be some encounter that everyone must do to kit out their toon but something different that promotes some realm cooperation cant be bad!

Also I dont like the dungeons because of the ward system. I went to try Warpblade Tunnels and Sigmar Crypts with a group of guildies and we basically got ripped apart because not everyone had a full set of wards. We'd already done Bastion Stairs a load of times and it was getting boring.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Like everyone else I am not finding the game quite what I thought and I thought I was getting a DAoC 2. I guess I had the wrong expectations, this is a different game, it works differently and different people play it.

I long for the good old days and they include the community feel, the sense of realm belonging and a willingness to help out.

Sadly I think those days are gone and I am left feeling like the old man down the road who keeps telling everyone it was better in my day and I remember when ...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I think the ward system is a really neat idea. It could use a few more dungeons for variation where you can aquire them initially and it would be just dandy.

I had a bit of a moment when the above posts reminded me of the DAoC dragons. Good times.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
*Golestadt glares at Roo*

Everyone in raid all PMs at same time RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
And the n00b dosnt run, starting what must be classified as a 30 rant, first against the nOOb, then the classes, then the encounter, then Mythic and finally lays blame on GOA.

I miss DaoC too, i miss my silly missions in middie land called "Operation Angry Anthill" <scrathes chin and induces a flashback> ahhhhhhh

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie

Needless to say i've decided not to renew my account until I hear its improved or prehaps not at all. Going to try Darkfall out if it does release in two weeks which, although it doesnt have the best graphics or animation seems to have a very strong base. The graphics can always be upgraded!

its there you just need to find it and pray that its spawned.

have a google search for warhammer Lairs

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
I miss DaoC too, i miss my silly missions in middie land called "Operation Angry Anthill" <scrathes chin and induces a flashback> ahhhhhhh

hehe who can forget those raids :D , and i think the ppl that was there specialy remeber you as a map holder :p
"raid member": eer are you sure this is the way to Dun Scat?
"Lubbock" : hmm....a bit of silence....oops wrong way

:lol: those were days :D

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
hehe who can forget those raids :D , and i think the ppl that was there specialy remeber you as a map holder :p
"raid member": eer are you sure this is the way to Dun Scat?
"Lubbock" : hmm....a bit of silence....oops wrong way

:lol: those were days :D

hehe glad Ghosted isnt here to tell of the time i had a raid on follow in hibbie land and managed to get myself stuck in the only tree in the whole area, i was great for organizing things but not finding my way :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Fortresses, cities ;)

That's the multi-group stuff really...

Bastion Stair works best if you have a warband rather than just a fg - but it's still possible with a good FG.

(though dragons were too...)

I kinda miss the 120 person raids but it's part of the casualification of things - daoc patched everything down to 2fg max towards the end :(

Would like to see them put in a dungeon aimed at a full warband of 40s but people would whine that they can't complete it and are being forced to PvE if they did that ....

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Sadly I think those days are gone and I am left feeling like the old man down the road who keeps telling everyone it was better in my day and I remember when ...

I think everyone gets that feeling when they move to a new game of a similar genre. You can't help comparing it to the old one and somehow the old one always seems better.
I remember when Age of empires 3 came out and everyone in the age of empires 2 community was like 'wtf is this game? This isn't aoe.' For some reason people seem to think that when a new game in a series comes out that it will be exactly the old game without the old game's bugs and with an improvement (but not change in style) of graphics. I know WAR isn't even trying to be a sequal to DAoC but you get the idea.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Epic PvE I define as needing a fair amount of people to do such as the DAoC dragons which typically needed 3fgs. I dont want it to be some encounter that everyone must do to kit out their toon but something different that promotes some realm cooperation cant be bad!

Also I dont like the dungeons because of the ward system. I went to try Warpblade Tunnels and Sigmar Crypts with a group of guildies and we basically got ripped apart because not everyone had a full set of wards. We'd already done Bastion Stairs a load of times and it was getting boring.

actually, all 3 main dragons have almost always been Fg'able.

its when u bring masses of ppl to them shit starts to hit the fan.

cant remember the name of the first GM we had but he basically said that "more isnt always better" when it comes to those dragons.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
its when u bring masses of ppl to them shit starts to hit the fan.

First Mid/Pryd dragon raid after they introduced respec stones myself and Zapsi organised. Around 360 Mids in the zone.

Dragon went down faster than Paris Hilton.

However, it took 3 days and Kemor's help to sort the loot :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom