It's definately getting quieter in here

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
People quitting or just using another board these days, bloody hell even the DAOC glastonbury forum was busier than this ! :p

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
It's a good sign as most are ingame enjoying it instead of posting here, plus these forums are only a very small percentage of players.

Less banter more killing!!!!

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
are there any numbers of active players that GOA/Mythic have shared publically? If not, the numbers have probably gone down by a fair bit. If they have, numbers are probably the expected numbers and all is fine and dandy :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
are there any numbers of active players that GOA/Mythic have shared publically? If not, the numbers have probably gone down by a fair bit. If they have, numbers are probably the expected numbers and all is fine and dandy :)

Nope. No released active subscription numbers from neither GOA nor Mythic.
Don't count on them either unless they are favourable.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
All the official stuff seems to be on WHA, so most have probably moved there.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
All the official stuff seems to be on WHA, so most have probably moved there.

I would have to agree. The FH people have done a good job here but these forums aren't dedicated to WAR. We don't get the same amount of official information here. Also the sub forums don't seem to be setup well. Technical help, player written guides, quest walk throughs, detailed class discussion and feedback are all missing.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
People quitting or just using another board these days, bloody hell even the DAOC glastonbury forum was busier than this ! :p

I went to several game stores last week, all of them were out of stock of the warhammer subscription cards. Certainly only a few of us posting here though.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As things get fixed, there's less to whine about. Since a large chunk of posted content is complaining, that also is a factor ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
As things get fixed, there's less to whine about. Since a large chunk of posted content is complaining, that also is a factor ;)

aye, they fixed most of the annoying things. now they just gotta fix the keep layouts.

starting to get retarded how even a half dedicated group of defenders can hold a keep from 2 warbands worth of attackers by just having a few tanks and rest healers.

were in elf T3 today trying to take a keep there, order had 4 tanks and about 8 healers + random dps. we spent about an hour trying to get up there. tried everything from mass rush to trying and grind them down. and when friendlies can block you when ur going up the ramps, theres not a tactic in the world that can succeed.

all they did were block the top of the ramp with the tanks and farmed us trying to get past them.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Where are you lurking these days mate? :ninja:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
aye, they fixed most of the annoying things. now they just gotta fix the keep layouts.

starting to get retarded how even a half dedicated group of defenders can hold a keep from 2 warbands worth of attackers by just having a few tanks and rest healers.

were in elf T3 today trying to take a keep there, order had 4 tanks and about 8 healers + random dps. we spent about an hour trying to get up there. tried everything from mass rush to trying and grind them down. and when friendlies can block you when ur going up the ramps, theres not a tactic in the world that can succeed.

all they did were block the top of the ramp with the tanks and farmed us trying to get past them.

Nothing very different from Daoc though, 12 people with aoe/shrooms well packed at lord room could beat off even 4-5 times their numbers.
In here is even worse with all the aoe disabling abilities (even ranged wtf) flying around these days.

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
mostly whine threads, and since im generally happy about the game at the momemt, i dont have anything to whine about, so no threads for me, givf happy thread that dosnt turn into whine thread :)

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
mostly whine threads, and since im generally happy about the game at the momemt, i dont have anything to whine about, so no threads for me, givf happy thread that dosnt turn into whine thread :)

I can start a happy thread for ya Lubbie :D

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Oh noes! I'll have to start a private, undercover FH account and start complaining at something, else I'll be out of a job!

-Magnus

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Oh noes! I'll have to start a private, undercover FH account and start complaining at something, else I'll be out of a job!

-Magnus

All your complaints are belong to us!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm more than happy to take on board suggestions for forum changes here on FH.... I'll start with banning MagnusK, eh?? :twak:

Only kidding ;)

Jess

Loyal Freddie
more "Died in RvR zone" threads tbfh.

That wont happen in Warhammer because deaths dosent matter here.
Its insta action Counterstrike in a medieval setting :)

(Not like good ole' DAoC where you would go out of your way to prevent the evil enemy from gaining RP's from you due to travel times and realm pride)

Oh Im old and bitter ;)

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i so prefer this place but yes there is a lot less posting here as of late :(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
That wont happen in Warhammer because deaths dosent matter here.
Its insta action Counterstrike in a medieval setting :)

(Not like good ole' DAoC where you would go out of your way to prevent the evil enemy from gaining RP's from you due to travel times and realm pride)

Oh Im old and bitter ;)

Oh I don't know. I could have made a few due to the fecking terrible logic of some of the lower tier Destro players last night.

'tis quieter, but when it was really busy before, the threads were about BW's and GOA.

Nate

FH is my second home
Hardly anyone replied to my hurricane Magus thread, so I'll never make a thread again! Ignore my 6v6 thread!!!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

-Magnus

dont worry, i can find something to whine about if you'd like.. such as white lions 65 feet no cooldown superjump, whatever the hell that lamearse skill is called.

or the fact that certain guilds guildcloak isnt showing the correct guild emblem all the time!

or how about chain disable because the immunity is broken?

and dont forget about out of range mobs thats practically standing right ontop of you (tho that is rare but still there).

so dont apply for a new job just yet. :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
dont worry, i can find something to whine about if you'd like.. such as white lions 65 feet no cooldown superjump, whatever the hell that lamearse skill is called.

or the fact that certain guilds guildcloak isnt showing the correct guild emblem all the time!

or how about chain disable because the immunity is broken?

and dont forget about out of range mobs thats practically standing right ontop of you (tho that is rare but still there).

so dont apply for a new job just yet. :p

Make some bloody threads then, I wanna get my 'Argue' on! :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Where are you lurking these days mate? :ninja:

Mainly work and IRL is killing me atm, playing alil EVE whenever i get the chanse, some occasional WoW here and there too but nothing much. WAR kinda dissapointed me abit, I just dont feel an urge to play it atm, perhaps it'll return, who knows :)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Its quieter because less and less people are playing tbh. Obviously the only way this can be proved is with official figures, but the fact that Mythic hasn't spoke about figures in months speaks volumes.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Its quieter because less and less people are playing tbh. Obviously the only way this can be proved is with official figures, but the fact that Mythic hasn't spoke about figures in months speaks volumes.

regarding the highlighted portion, yea, kindof how I am thinking aswell. Companys with proper breeze in the sails usually boast about numbers and figures in order to attract more people and ensure the people paying that everything is fine (look at EVE breaking records here and there still, years after release, WoW also took another milestone recently and is now up to fantastic 11 million active subscribers). Silence is a quite good receit that not everything is happening according to the plans which imo would be fully understandable in this particular case.
WAR has probably dissapointed alot of people who await the future of the game, contentwise and stabilitywise too, I got really angry with the dysfunctional shitty client when I played and that was a big reason to not renew, I refuse to pay for beta.
Scenarios with 30 people in it lagging randomly like crazy, morales not firing at all, general clientlag and irresponsiveness etc.. Thats not fit for a retailgame at all. In a year the game might be polished and finished and fun I hope but I hope Mythic doesnt expect people to stick around for that to happen, people have far more expectations and less patience these days than in the olden golden DAoCdays which should signal to the devs and gamecompanys that its more important now than ever that a released product isnt as flawed as WAR was upon release and even a month after it. If its EA forcing Mythic ahead or what it is is left unsaid though, I suspect EA has a finger in it since they have a history of turning even a golden goose into a pile of complete crap :/

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Mainly work and IRL is killing me atm, playing alil EVE whenever i get the chanse, some occasional WoW here and there too but nothing much. WAR kinda dissapointed me abit, I just dont feel an urge to play it atm, perhaps it'll return, who knows :)

me two, seems to be something missing from WAR cant put my finger on it, i love warhammer, i suppose i am just not enjoying it as much as i thought i would...

b.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I would have to agree. The FH people have done a good job here but these forums aren't dedicated to WAR. We don't get the same amount of official information here. Also the sub forums don't seem to be setup well. Technical help, player written guides, quest walk throughs, detailed class discussion and feedback are all missing.

but if those extra boards were there would anyone use them? the only reason it worked so well for daoc was everyone who posted on FH was spread out over two small servers, and use of FH became pretty important for organising raids etc as it was the easiest way to organise large groups of people (there werent many guilds that could do a ML or a dragon raid for example guild alone) with the introduction of instances, warbands, and generally bigger guilds its much easier to do all that ingame, so the only thing left for the forums is whine and news :p

bet Deebs & Co are quite happy that while we've retained some small community theres not the massive load the DAoC forums used to use up (at the time something like 80-90% of the forum use was on the DAoC forums)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom