Its all coming back to me now

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
nikolas said:
In daoc/toa you could plan a guild arte raid with a full group plus a couple of animists, but you were guaranteed a high lvl of success.
Unless you weren't playing PvE EasyMode (tm). ;)

Anyway, I'd rather compare Artifacts with tier 1 set items. Compare "dropping the item" (wow) with "being up" (daoc) and it's pretty even in my opinion.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Don't forget to factor in scrolls :p

And spell crafters...

And armour crafters...

And the chance to get an MP...

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Uncle Sick said:
I remember when I started playing DAoC at EU release, a couple of weeks later the boards were full with people crying and whining about the lack of end-game since they had rushed to 50.

im not bored, Legionnaire Morchaoron, muhahaha

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
Achilles said:
I have 31 days (ppl already in WoW with this much?) over 3.5 years /played on my merc/alb/pryd. He is 50, ML6, rr3l7 <laughable i know :p) and 7 lvl 10 artis and 1x lvl 3... almost done with TOA. Im a casual player who plays to have fun and can generally only play 3 times a week. DAoC is no more of a grind than WoW and imo, the pvp is better (havnt played battle grounds, but from when i played it was 10x the zerg of daoc), the players are more mature and community is nicer. WoW >>DAoC on class balance, but daoc is the best its been for a year now for class balance imo.
WoW is great if you are in a large guild to do all the high level quests, if you are in small guild or on your own its a huge grind.
P.S lakas come back to daoc you whore. :touch:
Regards,

pff tere u be a mong :wub:
i have a combined days of about 40ish now from all me chars. (13-14hours of gameplay a day for 1st month. wub being unemployed)
wow is not a grind at all IF u know what ur doing.
i got me a 55priest 42 rogue and a 47warrior im playing now.
my warrior has 8days played time. i been taking it easy but god damn i have solo'd almost every single quest from dun morough upto tanaris and hinterlands now. There have been maybe 3or4 quests i have grped on. not including elites and instances which i have grouped for.
knowing the quests back to front and having a set order for knowing what to do em in has helped alot.
i have nice gear. thottbot has helped me in deciding what i wanna spend time getting. and even at this lvl pvp has been a blast. i cant wait till im 60 to get either a reaper or a hammer of titans for my warrior and start hitting high crits in pvp. also battlegrounds sound sweet from what i been told. im still waiting to get on the test server.

my 1 regret from wow is the community. on daoc the community was amazing. i dont think i met more than 3-4people i considered to be retarded fuckmonkeys. i also miss how if sum1 was a complete dick i would be able to taddle on them to their Guildmaster to see what he/she said about it which in a few rare cases i know of people who got kicked from their guilds.
i say this because the vast majority of people i have met in WoW are idiots. i have taken to fearing having to grp for instances with random people now.
e.g. im a warrior i have talvashes knecklace. 10stam 10spirit 1intel. not the best of things. i was in a grp and a green knecky dropped 9stam 9stre. imo far superior for me as spirit an intel arent high up on my list. so i proudly say Need. to which 3of my grp then say no u dont. urs is fine and proceed to roll on the knecklace. this after 1 of them being another 2h warrior spammed need on a 1h axe drop then badmouthed our pally who took it as he was 1h+shield.
its things like this that just make me dislike wow, some may not consider it a big thing. it was a knecklace big deal, but thats my point, it was a slightly better knecky which would sell for about 60s to vendors maybe more on AH y are people so omg i need to get everything i can. lucky for me the 4th member in my grp. the 1h+shield pally was actually a good guy. he won the knecky an gave it to me then we kicked the other 3 from grp and made a new 1 to finish the rest of the instance. this did however lead to the 3kicked in IF spamming that me an him were dicks reported by my loyal army of monkeys... Erm i mean guildies.

i know not all are like this and the good people i have met im proud to say are either in my guild now or are a guild that are now in a kind of "alliance so to say" by making a unofficial channel that all our members are welcome to join an spam at eachother to organise raids or instance grps.

i have seen many comments on FH in various threads about this kinda thing and was just wondering is there any1 out there who doesnt detest half the members of their server?(not including the opposite faction) if so y? are they actually good people or are u just stupid to ;) ??

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Jerbear said:
try out guild wars its a nice game based around PvP i think u might enjoy it.. its also free!!! (monthly wise) :D

not true. u will be forced to pay for any future expansions. atleast if u wanna go where ur friends are going as theres bound to be new zones and stuff. (wich are gonna be released every 3 months according to the developers).

and i bet they are gonna cost the same ammount (or close to it) as 3 monthly charges in any other pay to play game.

so it will not be free.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
not true. u will be forced to pay for any future expansions. atleast if u wanna go where ur friends are going as theres bound to be new zones and stuff. (wich are gonna be released every 3 months according to the developers).

and i bet they are gonna cost the same ammount (or close to it) as 3 monthly charges in any other pay to play game.

so it will not be free.

Well known, but much-ignored fact :)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>Unless you weren't playing PvE EasyMode (tm).

Rubbish, WoW easymode (tm) is to run around in regions where you are at least 10 levels over the upper level limits for quests and mobs and "pvp" the lowbie players there :D

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Iceflower said:
>Unless you weren't playing PvE EasyMode (tm).

Rubbish, WoW easymode (tm) is to run around in regions where you are at least 10 levels over the upper level limits for quests and mobs and "pvp" the lowbie players there :D
Yeah ok, or - you could try to atleast partially grasp what the hell I was talking about.

Hint: Read the part that I quoted. Think. Comprehend. Try again. (feel free to skip the last part)

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Oh I did, but I object to your use of the (tm) sign to your described situation. Considering how many Leeroy's that run around in Wow, PvE is anything but easymode when it comes to instances...something you ought to have experience more than once by now...the only place you can control/eliminate the risk of loosing is in the pvp field and therefore the only place where the easymode (tm) label is appropriate.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Iceflower said:
Oh I did, but I object to your use of the (tm) sign to your described situation. Considering how many Leeroy's that run around in Wow, PvE is anything but easymode when it comes to instances...something you ought to have experience more than once by now...the only place you can control/eliminate the risk of loosing is in the pvp field and therefore the only place where the easymode (tm) label is appropriate.
Not the brightest kid around, are you?

Object all you want, but first; here's another huge hint for you:

If you read what I quoted slowly and pronounce all the words one by one, you might after a while realise that we weren't talking about World of Warcraft at all.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
Are you really this stupid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom