its 9:30 in france now

R

Ravenbourne

its just a case of "oh we fucked up, lets chuck a free day or two at them and its all fixed" fucking retards get a clue

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
they prolly dont have an excuse at all and try to make up with a free day :m00:

lal i was right xD

I honestly don't get those people, what's with the lack of communication? Like Tyka said the two days really aint the problem, the lack of information is (imo) much more sickening.

I'd like to know whats up with that, giving us a free day is only normal and server downtime alà, but just f$*@ing tell us whats up.

M

m4rk

On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar

What was wrong with fixing it Sunday? and informing us Saturday night...

GG GOA!

T

ttillub

Hmm.... strange.
I have read from these and other forums that:
- Avalon was shut down normally (players were warned ingame etc)
- Avalon users were informed at GOA's news at the weekend allready.
- Excalibur had none of those problems that were mentioned in Avalon' news about why the server was shut down
- Excalibur was not shutdown but the auth server crashed. Some people were playing on Excalibur Sunday
- There was some networking problems before crash

M

m4rk

BTW, bets on the german server coming up 1st? place ya bets!

T

Tyka

Yep, seems like we have to do organised server crashes after all.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Tyka
Yep, seems like we have to do organised server crashes after all.

:D

It'd be uber funny if excal community could pull that off, but I'm affraid there's too many people QQ'ing over a few days of no-daoc.

V

Vrisslar

Originally posted by ttillub
Hmm.... strange.
I have read from these and other forums that:
- Avalon was shut down normally (players were warned ingame etc)
- Avalon users were informed at GOA's news at the weekend allready.
- Excalibur had none of those problems that were mentioned in Avalon' news about why the server was shut down
- Excalibur was not shutdown but the auth server crashed. Some people were playing on Excalibur Sunday
- There was some networking problems before crash

Indeed excal wasnt shutdown i played all saterday night to 6 gmt sunday morning, and there where 4 others online when i logged out.

Regards
Vriss

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Vrisslar
Indeed excal wasnt shutdown i played all saterday night to 6 gmt sunday morning, and there where 4 others online when i logged out.

Regards
Vriss

Well everything you did from sat - sunday will be erased cause of rollback, enjoy.

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Vrisslar

Regards
Vriss
it's going to be painful when they roll the database back to sat afternoon then ;)

T

ttillub

But why are they telling lies?
Was it just auth. server crashing and nobody cared enough to reboot and they can't admit it? Apparently they do not have anyone monitoring the servers on weekend.

V

Vrisslar

Originally posted by Tyka
Well everything you did from sat - sunday will be erased cause of rollback, enjoy.

Heh nothing new :D

Tbh i really dont care, what anoys me tho are the way GoA try to lie to us, cause:
1. how the feck can ppl play on a server when it was shutdown ? Oo
2. how can your account be stuck as a ghost on a closed server ?

I would like GoA to learn me how to play on my com when its shutdown, nice way of saving money for power imo :D

Regards
Vriss

S

ssera

Originally posted by m4rk
BTW, bets on the german server coming up 1st? place ya bets!

Excal is up with 136 players, Avalon is still down.

T

ttillub

Originally posted by ttillub
But why are they telling lies?
Was it just auth. server crashing and nobody cared enough to reboot and they can't admit it? Apparently they do not have anyone monitoring the servers on weekend.

Oh I am sorry I was wrong. Obviously there was someone monitoring German servers and did what he/she had to do: shutdown server and inform players.

F

Flimgoblin

one comment to the people complaining that excal was down this morning - get a job! :)

or if you are one of the lucky bastards who can daoc from work - get a worse job.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
one comment to the people complaining that excal was down this morning - get a job! :)

or if you are one of the lucky bastards who can daoc from work - get a worse job.

fing dont tell em that, Only thing I got at work to keep me busy is laugh at ppl complaining a server inst running on a monday at 9.30pm :)

F

finbahr

Official reply

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday evening we encountered some technical problems with Excalibur and Avalon. We met the same problems on Stonehenge a few weeks ago, and to prevent it from escalating the two servers were taken down on Saturday evening.

We are currently working on getting the servers back up and running normally. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this downtime may have caused, and the lack of information. The affected English players will naturally be compensated for the lost playing time.

Zargar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW UNOFICCIAL VERSION

On saturday one of the cleaners kicked out the plug when they droped the croissant. we had the same problem last time she did it also she didn't tell us until monday morning stuck a note on server room door so we didn't know

its monday morning and we are shitting ourselves as we have just found the note on the server door about the plug incedent and now need time to come up with a plausable excuse and we have shit loads of spam from the filthy pig dog english.
natrually we will give you the one free day and roll the servers back 2 days so we get more money and you english will be happy about that

Zargar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom