Items?

C

cjkaceBM

Whats happened to the the old item sharing idea?

IE those that get the most use out of an item, have first claim on it?

It seems to me with the advent of Legion etc everybody is trying to get all the uber items for themselves irrespective of whether they can use it to its full potential.

This has rubbed off into general PvE with people claiming blades with +charisma on them even tho they aren't bards! People claiming scale with +emp etc.

Like WTF?

L

lofff

oh well, i gave up last 3 raids loot sharing... no worth getting pissed ;)

O

old.Charonel

well this has sort of allways been the case hasnt it? my minstrel has a full set of duskwalker chain, some of that is designed specifically for clerics primarily because of the +piety on it, meaning that i NEVER got it when dropped because some evul chain wearin' nuker would steal it from me :)

the point though, since there are no purely minstrel pieces to farm in place of it, what to do? settle for never getting it regardless of how many times it drops when your in the xp groups in the area? even though it may be the only thing your after?

ie, duskwalker chain drops are the only chain drops worth getting at that lvl, yet there's no replacement chain for minstrels to give them "first dibs" on certain parts the way clerics get them, that's what i'm saying.

now i ended up just soloing the full set (with some help from a lucky mascot :)) rather than try to keep it away from the clerics :p, but if i'm playing my ranger, and some piercer drops, does the nightshade who got the last piercer get this one? or do i get it? you see the shade has primary use from it, but the shade also already got one, ie where does it end?

personally i've never come across the problem, everything has allways worked itself out with no problems since i'm not drop greedy, but you can't really just say that such and such a class can never ever ever have such and such an item just because it's not 100% perfectly fitting their role and that some other class there may just get slightly more use from it even though they've gotten the last three 100% perfect for their class dops :)

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by cjkaceBM

IE those that get the most use out of an item, have first claim on it?

Wish it was this way, but in a way its just me being biased :)

O

old.Tdaer

I have to agree with CJ in some way .. and is guilty of this in another ..

I have lottod for blade items which i will DEFINATELY respec 2 in a weeks time when 1.52 comes to play ..

But me going for a blade with +parry or charisma is just plain dumb .. I have a Saeor's blade .. which should rock ..

Also , why lotto for items you CANT use .. or get gain out of .. It's just lame really .

Another thing tho CJ.. If you say the item you can get full use out of .. 100% / 35% items are lvl 51 items right .. Thus stats are only fully put to use if you are lvl 50 RR5 ( DPS and AF modifiers kick in ) else youre still cappped at AF 100 , 16.2 dps

oh well... cba to argue about drops really .. I'm gonna solo the dragon and take all the drops for myself .. hahahah even the +int stufff ...!!!!

elf out

S

SingerOfSoul

lol banny i see youre sarcasm who need +cha when twatting the life out of someat ;)

B

boni_ofdavoid

I Completely agree with cjkaceBM

This has really put me off df.

Ive been to 3 post-raid lottos and never got so much as a diamond seal for my efforts.

Its bad enough waiting around for hours in the hope of getting an item, worse when you see it go to someone for their imaginary alt.

Last time I hung around for items I saw one of the only two decent mage only items go to a ranger who couldnt even use it! :(

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by Noche
Poor Ebon

:fluffle:

Start to polish his 2 soulshades :rolleyes:

:p

/em waits for in-realm duels and gives Noche a good dose of ass-kicking.

:twak:

:flame:

S

spankya

Originally posted by Noche
Poor Ebon

:fluffle:

Start to polish his 2 soulshades :rolleyes:

:p

Noche nice post! This just shows that u r a selfish twat by having claimed 2 of these and so making others miss out, when someone like ebonn hasnt got one of these but has been doing df raids way before u were a decent enough lvl to go to df try to try to get one.

E

Ebonn

Woooahh Spank, dont think noche meant it in a bad way ( well he better not have :flame: )

Same as my post was in jest, ( still gonne kick his ass in duels though :) )

Neverless Spanky it was very honourable of you to post in my defense, :wub:

We dont need to insult him, he does a good enough job of making himself look like a fool :D. <points and laughs at noche>:D

S

spankya

Ebonn, it was kinda in your defence but more to point out that some people try to claim as much as they can without regards for others who dont have any uber DF drops. So when selfish people get several drops there can be others out there who have done just as many or more raids but havent got anything.

W

Whandall

Originally posted by Ebonn

/em waits for in-realm duels and gives Noche a good dose of ass-kicking.

:twak:

:flame:

You better win - my moneys on you! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread