Items on thid chars

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
i want to know what level items u can use to template your thid char because some items don't work(u get some messsage that the item fails to affect u) i heard somewhere that u can calculate by taking the half of your lvl and adding it to your lvl and above that the item will 'fail to affect u'
as ex: my char is 24 the half of his lvl is 12 adding it to 24 is 36 so a lvl 37 item will not effect him
im just wondering if this is true and if not how u can 'calculate' it

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
not sure but i know some gems at lvl45 affect this toons and some lvl 30 cloaks dont so not sure if its tod o with the lvl of the items tbh

gohan

FH is my second home
all "unique items" Rogs will affect you lvl 40 an below aurulite items work aswell all items up to lvl 30ish work after that its hit an miss

feathered wrap althought a lvl 50 static drop does work but bracer of heavenly bodies or animal bone bracer ect dont ..... its completely random :<

Talsar

Albion Legend
As a rule of thumb go for items level 40 and below.

However depending on the item, level requirement etc, most items will effect your toon, however you will not utilise the full potenial of that item.

For example, i once used a level 45 staff on my Heretic, it had 22pts Dex, my toon only got 12 Dex from that item.

On the plus side it makes maxing out most of your stats easier to use items 40+. But you will lose that all round spec.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
thx for the info :) guess i'll just buy some cheap items from CM's see how it effects me and try make some temp with that

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I think there is a limit based on the stats of the item.

Basically if it has several low bonuses, it'll work on a low level character.
If it has a couple of high bonuses, it'll only work on a high level character.

Think it's the bonuses themselves, not the level of the item, which dictate how low a level it'll affect you.

(I know I had to get to about level 40 before the 2.10 caster robe would affect me).

Darzil

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
that prolly explains why animal bone bracelet didnt work on my infil (and still didnt at level 31) cos it has 3 +7 cap bonuses

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
The whole reason why items dont affect you is becaus its drop items that got the same stats every time it drop, in other word, "no rog item", all rogs affect you (normal drops from mob, boss etc but not the instance bosses) imo if you going to get items for ur thid toon, just buy the aurulite stuff.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
classic items, rogs with 4 stats and no toa bonusses and above, you can benefit on a lvl 20 with lvl 50 items, soon as we speak og toa/catacomb bonus, you have to be pretty close to level of item.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
MadsKaizer said:
classic items, rogs with 4 stats and no toa bonusses and above, you can benefit on a lvl 20 with lvl 50 items, soon as we speak og toa/catacomb bonus, you have to be pretty close to level of item.
toa/cat bonus is including stat caps?

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
Aurulite stuff is just fine imho Rub, i got a thid Theurg (or will have in 2 bubs) It caps out your most important stats. Thats using the level 30 gear which is red at lv 23 (and prolly still will be at 24).

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Your resists will suck tho I imagine..

If your just "passing through" and want some fun then it's fine..
If your trying to template a char purely for playing in Thid, you can do much much better for next to no cost.

Bladze

Fledgling Freddie
Will check the resists when I get home and post back, but yeh I suppose it depends how much time effort you wanna spend on aThid toon.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
im going to make a thid char for only in thid so i want some very decent temp with as much as pos capped tho i still cant decide what char, im thinking of a wizz

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
use pure rog items imo and then sc around what you have left- all rog lvl50 items iv had have worked on a thid toon- got a nice 11dex cap gem i usually use for thid chars and thats lvl50- the only way to really up your %ages is using golm drops- and the odd rog depending (things like heal bonus are easier to come by than cast speed on rogs)

always sc armour as you need to fill the right stats and to be fair it doesnt cost much or take that long to get 500ish sc and 650ish ac/tailor

Talsar

Albion Legend
Bugz said:
No stat caps = worthless.

I know but still worth it in a cheap template - i.e. leveling from 0 to 24 (and dont have alot of cash).

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Its realy hard to know before hand if a Named item will work on you low lvl toon. Though there are some tips that can help you figure what items will not work for sure. As Darsil said at some point is related to the items stats, if something is "too high" for your lvl then the Named item will not work. Yes this is the base rule. But there are some Named items that are not that high above your level and normaly sould work but they dont.

I made few tests on an assumtion i had made some time ago about that issue and the test result was correct. I didnt checked everything thought.

My assumtion was that an item sould work on my lvl 24 toon if seperately each one of the stats of that item could fit on a 24 lvl 100% quality item.
24 lvl 100% items have 15 imbue points.
15 imbue points stand for max of :

7% resists
22 stat points
4 skill
60 Hits
7 power

For exapmle you want to know if your lvl 24 Thid wtfonage toon wil make use of the following Named item :
9% Heat
12 Str
17 con
3 Slash

It will not work becuase the 8% Heat cant fit not even alone in a lvl 24 100% quality item.

*Note. Dont include overcharge.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
WOW :eek2: thanks a lot m8
but what about caps? and is it the same with rogs? or do all rogs work? and what about toa bonuses?(yeh im asking a lot ;p)

Silverstars

Fledgling Freddie
Rub said:
i want to know what level items u can use to template your thid char because some items don't work(u get some messsage that the item fails to affect u) i heard somewhere that u can calculate by taking the half of your lvl and adding it to your lvl and above that the item will 'fail to affect u'
as ex: my char is 24 the half of his lvl is 12 adding it to 24 is 36 so a lvl 37 item will not effect him
im just wondering if this is true and if not how u can 'calculate' it

use level 50 orc - crap it works on level 5 toon and yes i am 100% sure because i am using it myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom