It would be nice to see...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Sitting crafting while much tabbed-outness I started thinking about a few things crafting related.

It would be nice if you could get a Myth that increases chance to get skill-ups, even if only 1% at lesser, 2% at average and 3% at greater. Not going to be an earth shattering change but would be nice to see. At cap skill make the Myth increase chance of higher quality or MP item.

Crafting bonus from Guild merit. Either to chance to make MP or to skillup, which ever is appropriate - skillup chance if not capped, MP increase chance if you are capped in a given craft.

Ability to drop a recipe onto a merchant and have all the mats for that recipe automatically bought and dropped into your backpack. Combine with multibuy and this would bring much happiness. Or perhaps just have the merchant prompt you for the quantity you want to buy after you drop the recipe onto it. To provide further options, allow you to cross off an ingredient on the recipe - for example if you've been salvaging arcanium, no need to purchase that if you have a few hundred in pack already. Simple crossing off/ticking though. If you make it more complicated might as well just select the individual quantities of what you want to buy.

Descriptions of what things do when you make them...before you make them. This would be especially helpful for the likes of spellcrafting and alchemy.

Market explorers in each major city along with their coterie of merchants and teleporters. On clustered servers 1 explorer per clustered server all in a huddle to save all that tedious zoning so you could search each. It would be nice if you could have 1 market explorer to handle it all in one go but I bet there are database problems related to that as potentially items will have the same identifier but be in two separate databases. Easily fixed in data terms but problematic possibly in an existing structure. Regardless, shove market explorers into the cities.

---

Just a few thoughts on tweaking the existing crafting system without having to totally rewrite it :)

Personally I'd like to see a crafting system that was basically a mini game and what you got up to affected the output, allowing for greater variation or combined effects in some cases. For example if you could juggle mats a little you could perhaps get two weaker different effects instead of 1 strong effect in the case of alchemy by varying what you put in.

I can think of lots of ways to make a crafting system really funky and interesting and and entire mini game by itself but its too far down the line for DAoC I'm guessing.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Actually myth or merit bonus to craft speed would be another possibility.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Great ideas Roo, so far in Mythics revamp of the crafting system they have made it slightly easier in some things, reduced the need for MP, and decreased crafting timers, but they have failed to make it more fun or fruitful, in fact with the changes on US, its decreased the value of crafted items significantly, making it less appealing for crafters to make things. For example there was no crafted cloth on my cluster for 3 days until I had a major crafting session, and then it sold like hotcackes, but not for what it used to sell for, hike the prices it soon stops.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
When I were a lad, you had to buy each single ingredient seperately - spellcrafting was such fun. Really sorted the men out from the boys. Surprised no one is suing mythic for RSI.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I brought up an armorcrafter the other day and tbh Roo, it was silly easy.. Imo they dont need to make it even easier at all since on the contrary, now its at where it should have been quite some time ago.

The 5% skillupgain from skilling in the maincitys+ the % you get from the questitem plus the added 10% craftspeed in the maincitys coupled up with the /gc buff crafting and the new changes to how skillups actually works means...

Pick a high red item, bundle up alot of materials, skill on it until it dings yellow, then change to another high red. This gives you ~50-65% skillupchanse every success. And you dont even loose any mats anymore if you critically fail.

And the demand of MP went away since they changed the rules for SC so no real need to touch that at all either.

I can think or many other areas where I think Mythic should point the finger of attention, starting with the design of NF.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Roo! Don't try to get me started on crafting :D

But it's actually too easy now..Throw in those crafting quest rewards for added skillup chance,higher quality or faster crafting speed coupled with the changes in the crafting system.....:puke:

When I were a lad, you had to buy each single ingredient seperately - spellcrafting was such fun. Really sorted the men out from the boys. Surprised no one is suing mythic for RSI.

There only was one crafter to rule them all back in the days when all others were lads :p :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd say that crafting is at a fairly nice point already. The ideas are good, but I don't think it's worth the time or effort of putting them in.

A single market explorer for all servers in a cluster is something I would like to see though. Also some ability to find the prices of the same item quickly and easily when you're putting items onto your consignment merchant would save me so much time.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Just add in searches for specific armortypes at least lol :) like.. leather/studded/cloth/chain/plate whatever..

mindboggling why they never made it really good, the MEidea itself is quite nice but quite poorly implemented in the end sadly :<

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I think SCing and ACing are still a pain, some items using 5-6 different ingredients and in 70-80 quantities, so to load up for a session of crafting is not easy unless you have a stupid amount of cash you are willing to waste letting high teir items drop to the floor when your backpack is full.

Back packs are another thing, these days with toons carrying different mythrians, water and end pots, recall stones, armour patterns, ds patterns, swap outs, swap weaons and all the other crap thats become essential. Heck you cant even summon your horse (which cant carry as much as a player - yeah, go figure!) in the cities to use the saddlebags. Wasnt larger back backs something EAthic were going to offer as a "payable option"....kerching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom