It seems fotm but I got a video question aswell =)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well ok, I gathered footage from my elven BM (Anarael) over the time and I'd like to know what you think about movie length. At what point does a movie get boring, but where would you say it's too short?

There will be no wtfpwned cause I can't provide that kind of stuff =)

Finally, cause I don't wanna make a new thread about it, thanks to all the people tonight who made it worthwhile. Was a lot of really good and close fights there =)

P.S. But /slap Kzn, I left you finish your fight and then I get the mezz, stun, shear full all-in-one package with you like a raging wolf on my ass :p

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I'd say ~20 min is about as long as a solo melee daoc vid can keep my attention, unless the vid is really good.
My zerker vid was probably about 6-8 min too long, now that i think about it. It was 25ish min and that's a long time to watch 1on1 melee fights.
Most people don't like 1on1 melee vids. Those that do(like me) can probably watch one for 20ish min before they get bored, unless, as i said, it's really good. :)

Gratscensi

Banned
hmm good question, to be honest, as long as i am impressed with the playing it can go on forever.. but i would say around the 20ish minutes mark as well, if it only has one pov.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
safe bet is 20 minutes, if you really have very diverse footage it can be longer..but.. well, stick to 20 ;)

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Hm... difficult. 10+ mins is ok, if you have rather long fights add to that. If a story is told, different playstyle is shown (tactics, weapons, ...), roleplay in it: 15+ mins to 20 mins.

If you have lot's of material... better go for 2 good smaller videos than one long boring. (i.e. your "young" BM with like RR2-RR3 giving some good fights and the "my revenge" video later on - better to split those) Can also choose 2 different music themes etc.

/wave

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
All depends on the editing really....

if u wanna provide a story infront then it would be interesting :) and include the fights right after :) like frozensolid's vids.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
All depends on the editing really....

if u wanna provide a story infront then it would be interesting :) and include the fights right after :) like frozensolid's vids. then it could be extended for more than 20 min

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Either the movie is good or not, if it's good it can only be too short, if it's not good, I will not be watching it anyway, regardless of how long it is.

So, conclusion under the assumption that your movie will be good: Make it long, 30-40 mins :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom